Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2006, 13:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Front seat armrest for Palio

Hi Folks,

Can anyone guide me where in Bangalore I can get one of those boxes that fit between teh front seats of the car with a cushioned top that doubles up as an armrest.

Read on the net that they can be adjusted to fit most cars.

I am looking for one for my Palio. I recently drove my friend's scorpio with the armrest and it makes a drive so much more comfortable.

An added advantage of teh box is that it can be used to store ur CDs!
Old 11th July 2006, 15:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Humm,,
thats a good idea!!
even I sometimes feel that I should have that armrest on my Palio D; specifically during the long trips or at the time when u enjoy the drive with just the right hand on the wheel. I sometimes use gear knob (thats lil far tho) and think of havin an armrest. However, not sure how does that look with Palio!! I have been with my friend on Scorpio, but never driven that.

Let us know if you get something at Bangalore; I'll let you know if I come across one
Old 11th July 2006, 15:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

I too searched for center armrest for my Palio two years ago. The ones available could not be fitted between the seats.

The Hyundai Accent in US had a arm rest fixed to the side of drivers seat. It is like a small handle and can be foloded up and down. Very convenient. Don't know if anybody can custom make this.
Old 11th July 2006, 15:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading in overdrive in teh classified sections about a year ago about this box cum armrest that could be adjusted to fit all Indian cars.

Anyone remember that? Anyone has old issues of OD. I wrote to OD but have not recieved any reply....as usual!
Old 12th March 2007, 20:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Any update on this!
Old 12th March 2007, 20:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Something I just read....

=========

Well i found the front armrest for the baleno quite good actually , however at times while powershifting the elbow does get a good impact .. If u want an arm rest u could check with most of the shops at J.C.Road or contact Car Fancy next to koramangala fab mall .. Anwar should be able to fabricate one for u ..
============
If he is talking about Koramangala 1st block,, I know there is a shop,, I'll check with that guy and update this - In case anyone get a chance to go to JC Rd, please ceheck this out.
Old 18th March 2007, 08:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys!
I went and enquired at Car Fancy in Koramangala 1st block.
This guy has got a arm rest and he had a look atmy car. He is saying that probably the one thathe has got (ready made) will block the seat reclining leavers - He confirmed that he is also doing some custom made stuff.
I have had a look at the ready - made one that he had; I was completely not impressed with it, it doesnt look nice from any angle - filmsy!! - He was selling that one for ~850
I asked him if he can get me a flexible one for driver seat!
He called someone and confirmed that the custom made he will provide you at ~2200; this will be similar thing what we have in Innova - the flexible one where a rod might been fixed within the seat itself.

Finally I thought of not going for it, the ready - made one is not worth going for and I dont want anyone doing dissection of my car with the later option.
Old 18th March 2007, 13:00   #8
BHPian

you can take a look at the link here..
armrest-autoaccessories.com - FIAT BRAVO / BRAVA armrest bracciolo accoudoir

even i wanted one for my car, i had emailed the guy as the price is very expensive, he had said he may give discount for more orders.
if your car/similar car is listed and if you and others are interested we can maybe talk to the guy for a discounted price.
Old 18th March 2007, 13:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

I did not find Palio D on their list. I have just sent an email to them, lets see what they have to say.
Old 21st March 2007, 14:39   #10
BHPian

Guys how about getting it done from a carpenter. wooden with the same design and totally covered with cushioned upholstery. I asked a carpenter about it and he said he will do it under 1000 Bucks.. I am planning to get it done. have to get the right upholstery and think thorughly about the design. will check a few cars and get inspired . Will post pics when I am done with it.
Old 21st March 2007, 20:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

I wish I had one of those arm rests for my Esteem too. This stems from the fact that my Civic in the US has one and I find it so very comfortable especially on long drives. Adding to it is that it doubles up as a storage compartment which makes a lot of utility sense.
Old 21st March 2007, 23:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

I got a response from armrestking folks.....
==============

Hi Ketan,
Thank you for your interest in my product.
Sorry but we don't have anything for Fiat Palio yet.
If you send me a picture of your center console and its width we can have a look at other models. Manufacturers very often use the same console for different models.
Best regards,
Witold Swirski
armrest-autoaccessories.com - Home
Old 11th June 2007, 19:47   #13
BHPian

The carpenter would be able to create the arm rest, but how about fixing it to the seat in such a way that it can be folded up. The idea sure sounds good, but quite challenging...

Do let us know once ur thro with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
Guys how about getting it done from a carpenter. wooden with the same design and totally covered with cushioned upholstery. I asked a carpenter about it and he said he will do it under 1000 Bucks.. I am planning to get it done. have to get the right upholstery and think thorughly about the design. will check a few cars and get inspired . Will post pics when I am done with it.
Old 1st July 2007, 12:31   #14
BHPian

BUMP!!

Anyone got around to getting it done somewhere?

I am looking for a armrest/Storage bin between front seats for my Black SX4.
Old 22nd August 2007, 18:36   #15
BHPian

Hey guy I took a long time to post this. I got this armrest for my Palio for 600 bucks. It has storage compartment as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks