Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 14:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Baby Mirror for monitoring kids on the backseat

My friend has a Maruti Swift. He has been one happy customer of the Maruti product. He has an year old daughter for whom he has brought the child seats and installed on the rear bench. One of the issue he is facing is inability to monitor the child's movement at the rear since the child seat has been fixed exactly behind the co passenger seat. One of the options being explored was a child mirror which would something be very similar like the Inner rear view mirror. Upon googling we found a product on the Amazon website (link below).

1) Can this be used in a Ritz? if so what would be the suitable location?
2) Will this mirror hinder the normal IVRM viewing?
3) Are there any alternate methods to monitor child movement at the back?

Its known that this would be useful in the initial years of the baby/kids only.

http://www.amazon.in/Dreambaby-F209-...s_1953281031_1

Mods: Couldnt find any related thread. If exists pls merge.
Old 1st August 2014, 15:47   #2
BHPian

re: Baby Mirror for monitoring kids on the backseat

HI Ghodlur

I am not sure about this one but i have a mirror which i bought from mothercare (it is available in pretty much all mothercare shops and priced around 350 to 400 Rs) and it can be fixed on any vehicle directly on the windscreen. it is pretty useful in keeping an eye on the kids especially when you are taking them out alone
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 15:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Assume that the child seat is a front facing one and not a rear facing one?

If the former, will recommend that your friend either drops into a Mothercare store or goes to any large car accessory store. Can vouch that Mothercare is excellent quality and will last years - I have had 2 of these mirrors (one suction type, one clip type) fitted into my various cars over the last 10 years now and they still work perfectly.

If a rear-facing seat, he will need to buy the combo pack which consists of 2 mirrors, one fitted to front windscreen and the other to the rear one. When angled correctly, the driver/front pax can easily keep an eye on the face of the rear facing infant.

Hope this helps!
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 16:05   #4
BHPian

Never knew such a product existed. This is a problem I've faced too. My wife used to use the vanity mirror provided behind the sun shade to keep an eye on the baby while I was driving.
But having a baby monitor mirror would be good. I guess it's good even for the driver and not just for the passenger?
Old 1st August 2014, 17:17   #5
BHPian

You also have conversation mirrors that are slightly bigger and can be fitted above your rear view mirror. XUV500 has one (not sure about which variant) so we can check for similar products as well
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 17:21   #6
BHPian

We had used one in the US and this is immensely helpful when single parents are driving. Highly recommend it.

What we had had a double sided sticker type of thing that would be stuck on the windshield. However, the basic principle is quite simple, it is just a convex mirror so you can see a little more than a normal mirror.
Old 1st August 2014, 18:25   #7
BHPian

Re: Baby Mirror for monitoring kids on the backseat

There are lots of cars over here [in Holland] where I have seen such mirrors being fitted.
One of my colleagues too got it fitted after having a new baby. He has it fitted on the head rest of the back seat because the baby seat is facing that direction. It looks like how you see in this image.
Both versions of mirrors are available depending on how exactly your baby seat gets positioned and I believe it’s not that hard to fix it and tune it for perfect view. However I suggest buying from places where you can free-return it in case if it does not suit or work out the way you expect.
Old 1st August 2014, 20:08   #8
BHPian

Re: Baby Mirror for monitoring kids on the backseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Assume that the child seat is a front facing one and not a rear facing one?

If the former, will recommend that your friend either drops into a Mothercare store or goes to any large car accessory store. Can vouch that Mothercare is excellent quality and will last years - I have had 2 of these mirrors (one suction type, one clip type) fitted into my various cars over the last 10 years now and they still work perfectly.

If a rear-facing seat, he will need to buy the combo pack which consists of 2 mirrors, one fitted to front windscreen and the other to the rear one. When angled correctly, the driver/front pax can easily keep an eye on the face of the rear facing infant.

Hope this helps!
Is the combo pack , or individual mirrors for front and back ? I saw these at mothercare too.

In any case, as discussed mothercare products are worth the money.

Baby Mirror for monitoring kids on the backseat-lt4701_2.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks