Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 23:40   #1
BHPian

Dealer for Xenos Security System in chennai

Hi,
Iam looking for following information abt the Xenos security system.

1. Good place to buy Xenos Keyless Remote/Security system & get it fitted in the car. If any one have already done in your car in chennai. Please share the information.

You can get the list dealers in chennai from the following link
http://www.xenos.co.in/storelocator_dealer.html

2. What model of the Xenos security system you have and how much is the price. Share your review & comments on the product.

Xenos have the following different security system. I got this information from this website http://www.xenos.co.in/products.html

Firewall 50
Firewall 100
Firewall 150
Firewall 250
Firewall 350
Firewall 1000
DP 110

Thanks,
Rajesh

Last edited by nrajeshkumar : 25th July 2006 at 23:44.
Old 27th July 2006, 16:17   #2
BHPian

I use Xenos on my OHC VTEC. Have had no problems until now.

I got this installed in Mumbai. Chose this over other products just because I know about Pricol quite well.

I cant help you with the dealers in Chennai. Sorry.

The Firewall 350, that I have cost me Rs. 4500/-

This one has a Shock/vibration sensor. I had to reset this to its lowest setting 'cause everytime a water tanker revs up my society's ramp to deliver water (the water is for construction purposes unlike Chennai) the alarm goes.

Else everything has been working smooth even after parking the vehicle in pouring Mumbai rain for 2 days until my stilt parking work was completed.
Old 17th August 2006, 09:35   #3
BHPian

Check out the site www.xenos.co.in I got xenos firewall 350 installed in my swift vxi. Actual cost of security system is 5,500. If your car already have factory fitted power windows & central locking like mine you can ask for discounts from the dealer. I got it installed in mahavir automobiles in GP road. Some small kid installed the unit. I had some problem initially. I mailed customer service, very good response from them. Area manager called me and get that issue fixed on the same day. He would have called atleast couple of times to make sure everything ok. After that everything is ok. No doubt the product is very good only thing is that need to take care to find a proper place to get it installed.

Last edited by nrajeshkumar : 17th August 2006 at 09:38.
Old 18th August 2006, 10:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
Check out the site www.xenos.co.in I got xenos firewall 350 installed in my swift vxi.
The xenos India site is not working i think. I tried yesterday whole day and today. Did they change the site or is it just me?
Old 18th August 2006, 17:08   #5
BHPian

Hi,
I guess its temporarily not working. I checked in the last week it was working..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee
The xenos India site is not working i think. I tried yesterday whole day and today. Did they change the site or is it just me?
Old 9th December 2008, 10:20   #6
BHPian

Hi ... My ford Ikon was given for repair and service (met with an accident) to Chennai Ford - Poonamallee. Just couple of days back i got a call from Chennai ford saying that they had lost my key! So i gave them the spare key & remote. They had promptly made a duplicate key and gave it to me. Now the problem is that i have only one remote control.

When i bought the car it didnt come with remote lock, so i had put remote lock (Xenos) system outside. Is it possible to get a duplicate remote control of Xenos? Is there any shop in chennai which does that? Please let me know.

@mod: I was not able to find a similar thread so i had opened 2 years old thread.
Old 10th December 2008, 05:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
When i bought the car it didnt come with remote lock, so i had put remote lock (Xenos) system outside. Is it possible to get a duplicate remote control of Xenos?
Dealers are useless in such cases. Call the company directly for help. Will be a piece of cake.
Old 10th December 2008, 07:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Dealers are useless in such cases. Call the company directly for help. Will be a piece of cake.
Thanks for your prompt response, i'll speak to the company.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ... My ford Ikon was given for repair and service (met with an accident) to Chennai Ford - Poonamallee. Just couple of days back i got a call from Chennai ford saying that they had lost my key! So i gave them the spare key & remote. They had promptly made a duplicate key and gave it to me. Now the problem is that i have only one remote control.

When i bought the car it didnt come with remote lock, so i had put remote lock (Xenos) system outside. Is it possible to get a duplicate remote control of Xenos? Is there any shop in chennai which does that? Please let me know.
You need to get the Ford to replace this for you. Even if Xenos gives you a replacement remote, Ford needs to bear the costs. If you haven't already given them hell for this and told them they have to foot the bill, please do so immediately. The more time goes by, the less chances you have of getting Ford to cough up.
Old 10th December 2008, 15:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
You need to get the Ford to replace this for you. Even if Xenos gives you a replacement remote, Ford needs to bear the costs. If you haven't already given them hell for this and told them they have to foot the bill, please do so immediately. The more time goes by, the less chances you have of getting Ford to cough up.
The Ford's Service experience this time was extremely bad, altogether after lots of issues / fighting / complains i had the car delivered ( nearly 1-and-a-half months in the service center) 2 days back in the night. When we tried to start the car next morning it refused to start and Battery has completely drained. Another round of fighting happened and they had promised to take the car back to check without any cost.

Below is the list of items that were missing / not working:

1) Remote Key
2) Mud flaps on four wheels
3) Stereo was not working
4) Remote lock doesn't close the glass automatically etc..

Last edited by mail4loys : 10th December 2008 at 15:51.
Old 16th December 2008, 11:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
I sent a mail to city@xenos.co.in, got a prompt response in an hours time with a technical expert mobile number. Spoke to him he said that it is possible to recode and give us spare remotes which would cost approx Rs.675/-. He gave Xenos shop address in chennai. Will be taking it tomorrow and will be getting spare remotes.
Old 28th January 2009, 15:38   #12
BHPian

:Forgot to update this thread

Took the car to Xenos office at T.Nagar, chennai. The service mechanic gave us a spare key for Rs.675/- , he also corrected few wiring problem (Siren, auto closure of window etc) and charged Rs 250/- for Labour.

Thanks to GTO-Touring for the suggestion, everything went on smooth!
Old 9th April 2016, 23:33   #13
BHPian

Re: Dealer for Xenos Security System in chennai

Quote:
:Forgot to update this thread

Took the car to Xenos office at T.Nagar, chennai. The service mechanic gave us a spare key for Rs.675/- , he also corrected few wiring problem (Siren, auto closure of window etc) and charged Rs 250/- for Labour.

Thanks to GTO-Touring for the suggestion, everything went on smooth!
Waking up an almost-dead thread..

I had installed power-window (Xenos) when I had bought my Alto in 2008. For the past couple of months, they are not working at all. I've tried a couple of mechanics and everyone says that I might have to go for a new P/W assembly. The point is, they are not even ready to open and see what the problem could be.

I strongly have a feeling that the issue is not serious at all. Just some loose contact or a cut wire.

I'm trying very hard to locate Xenos dealer/service center in Chennai but in vain. Any pointers?

TIA!
Old 30th May 2016, 22:59   #14
BHPian

Re: Dealer for Xenos Security System in chennai

I am in dire need of information regarding xenos security system.

I had retained the xenos remote lock from my 2008 Estilo (for obvious reasons). Cars that I used after it had remote already installed and was never able to use the xenos.

I now need to install it on my friend's car and am stuck.
Can somebody advice if the components in pictures are all that is needed?
I am unable to trace xenos dealers in chennai.

Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Dealer for Xenos Security System in chennai-xenos.jpg  

Old 30th May 2016, 23:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
I am in dire need of information regarding xenos security system.

I am unable to trace xenos dealers in chennai.

Please advice.
Google out for Creative Automotive @ Thousand Lights area, Chennai. They are the authorized service guys for Xenos.

Also, you can find a toll free number (1800 xxx) if you google for "Xenos Technologies".

BTW, though I had got the numbers and spoke to them, I did not go to them for rectifying the issue I had. I went to a car accessories shop near my house and got it done.
callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks