Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 11:23   #16
aZa
Senior - BHPian

They are PU bro... but cheaper quality, single color and not enough padding
Old 5th September 2006, 11:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Cheaper variants of PU leather tend to start peeling & cracking. In that case go for PVC or fabric... but if you have a decent budget then source out the better type of PU leather.
Old 5th September 2006, 22:49   #18

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey aza,the ones that we buy,are those pu or pvc.how long has it been since u got ur seat covers.i hope they havent started peeling or cracking as yet.cos i got the same design and material.
Old 6th September 2006, 00:09   #19
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm ... no peeling on any of the seat covers at my end. The santro ones have been on for around 8months now and the omni/qualis ones for more than an year
Old 6th September 2006, 00:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

u can get the fake leather seats done form BASS.COM near 4bunglows in mumbai..give him a design and colour and he wil make to your cars seats...should cost around 3000/- or less.
Old 4th November 2007, 20:07   #21
khaitanp

Question

Hey- Can you pass on this guy's contact no in Sampangiramnagar?

Thanks,
Prashant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Finally got the Art leather seat covers done up for the Zen. Expect the cost be somewhere around 3-3.5K (It is a combined deal for 2 Zens and one WagonR you see )

Really pleased with fit and finish. This was done by a couple of people operating out of a non descript location in Sampangiramnagar, B'lore (One of them is ex- Stanley guy I suppose)

Will post pics shortly..

regards
Arun

Old 8th September 2008, 14:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Having checked out previous threads on Seat covers I have pretty much decided to go for Art leather seats for my new Zen and G sport seems to be good visible brand.

Recently have been making enquiries at Sprocket (G Sport dealer) Koramangala Bangalore. He has quoted the following rates for Art leather Seat covers only

Rs 7500/- for their top quality material with a bit of foam (very thin) backing
Rs 7500/- Again good quality material with breathable holes
Rs 6500/- The next quality available.

Also Rs 1200/- was quoted for stitched art leather cover on to the Steering wheel.

Are these reasonable prices ? Or should I bargain a bit more considering even my friend wants to fit the same kind of covers as well....

Help me to decide by the coming weekend..

Thanks
Hi Bullfrog,
Did you went with G Sports. Any feedback on the same. I am also thinking for my SX4. They are offering 5% discount on 8.5K
Old 8th September 2008, 15:57   #23
BHPian

Go for the holes (Perforated)

Go for the seats with holes (Perforated seats). They look cool and they also allow some level of breath ability. They even have a better look to them then plain seats.

I would recommend perforated seats any day.
Old 8th September 2008, 16:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Go for the seats with holes (Perforated seats). They look cool and they also allow some level of breath ability. They even have a better look to them then plain seats.

I would recommend perforated seats any day.
Hi Mikem,
So you have tried G Sports brand? Please pass your feedback if you have got for your car.They have 5 ranges i guess.Perforated is one of them(middle range)
Old 10th September 2008, 17:23   #25
RAC
BHPian

Hi aka iitd. I have gsport art leather seat covers in my alto. Got them done about 6 months back. Its the one with a layer of foam at the back. I am quite happy with the quality. No issues tillnow.

You can also search for "Ceralli" on the forum. These guys are in BSK. The price range is almost the same. The difference is that they use a 2mm thick fabric instead of 1.2 mm thick fabric used by gsport.

I got my work done directly from the factory in JP nagar. The prices were slightly more than what i was offered by the dealers since the dealers enjoy discounts on bulk purchases.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Hi aka iitd. I have gsport art leather seat covers in my alto. Got them done about 6 months back. Its the one with a layer of foam at the back. I am quite happy with the quality. No issues tillnow.

You can also search for "Ceralli" on the forum. These guys are in BSK. The price range is almost the same. The difference is that they use a 2mm thick fabric instead of 1.2 mm thick fabric used by gsport.

I got my work done directly from the factory in JP nagar. The prices were slightly more than what i was offered by the dealers since the dealers enjoy discounts on bulk purchases.
Do you mean direct from factory it is costly
Ceralli quote is 15K. I was looking below 10K. Dealers are giving 5% discount. Did they gave you warranty card.
Old 11th September 2008, 15:33   #27
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Do you mean direct from factory it is costly
Ceralli quote is 15K. I was looking below 10K. Dealers are giving 5% discount. Did they gave you warranty card.
I dont mean that it is costly at the factory. It's just that the dealers offered better prices.
The logic by the person (not named) was simple, you can pick gsport at the dealer if the prices are better. Finally, it's gsport which is sold.
Still went ahead with the install at the factory premises.

No I did not get any warranty card. Will probably check with them.

Ceralli is double that of gsport?
Old 11th September 2008, 16:56   #28
BHPian

If you are looking for art leather seat covers, try with Car Plus. This shop is in Rajajinagar on West of Chord Road. He will stitch the seat covers based on the color and pattern you select.

It cost me Rs.6000 for my Toyota Innova.

The final decision is yours, but i suggest you go and have a look at the work he does.
Old 4th October 2008, 22:58   #29
BHPian

G-sport seat covers are good. I got red and black ones for my swift. It cost me 7500 Rs
Old 29th December 2008, 20:52   #30
BHPian

how much would it cost for fitting seat covers and door trims in a fiesta?
and how long does the work take??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks