Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2006, 15:46   #1
BHPian

The hot just got hotter...my Formula Red GTX!

Hi Guys,

A little update from this side of the world (Yeeees! I miss Bombay) by me…just got my beauty redelivered repainted in formula Red yesterday. I know this does not sound like a good decision from resale point of view but who cares!

I bought this 1.6 GTX directly from Fiat in September 2004 on special request (they had stopped making 1.6 for a while), the color was Flame Red and I wanted Formula Red. Anyways…after 1.5 yrs I noticed some color fading on hatch and upper side of doors etc. I approached Fiat with the problem, first they tried to shrug it away telling me that this was a special order and I was made clear that they would not honor warranty on specially ordered car etc but eventually, they gave in 

So I enquired the dealer here (Samyak) regarding cost of repainting the entire car, they quoted Rs. 24500/- to me, obviously Fiat agreed for a much lesser amount (for affected panels only) so I offered to bear the rest and go in for a color change…the result is amazing, I also got the stoneguards painted in body color and car looks very different. In fact I enjoyed some good attention (of course to my car only) on traffic signals from lady co-drivers and envious looks from the drivers  The Autowallahs seem to be extra keen on kissing the bumper.

So…it was well worth it. The job was carried out well. The beauty looks stunning. I am sure I would have to fight with wife to take the car to office on Fridays! (its her car and not mine). For Beige interiors quote was 40K…well cant afford that.

I shall post the pictures shortly.

By the way…I plan to take a letter from Fiat stating that the color change was only for aesthetic reason and not due to any accident so that I may use it if I (IF I) ever sell my GTX.

Apology for not posting often due to my new assignment which is really on my nerves right now!

Cheers!
-Rishi
Old 2nd August 2006, 15:47   #2
BHPian

By the way...guys this is a repost from FiatClubIndia
Old 2nd August 2006, 16:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rishi, congrats on the new paint job! Yeah, the autos & the call center cabs are in a class of their own aren't they what with everyone trying to climb over everyone else, especially if you happen to have a car that looks new or well maintained!

I have a hell of a time keeping my BP & temper under control, sometimes I do give in to temptation and act indisciplined as well!
Old 2nd August 2006, 17:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

How about some pics ???
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
How about some pics ???
Hi Pictures have been uploaded in gallery:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=view&g=416
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Hey Rishi, congrats on the new paint job! Yeah, the autos & the call center cabs are in a class of their own aren't they what with everyone trying to climb over everyone else, especially if you happen to have a car that looks new or well maintained!

I have a hell of a time keeping my BP & temper under control, sometimes I do give in to temptation and act indisciplined as well!
Thanks Suman, Gurgaon traffic is driving me nuts too! Almost everyday I am forced to share a piece of my mind with some bugger or other.
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:44   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Thanks Suman, Gurgaon traffic is driving me nuts too! Almost everyday I am forced to share a piece of my mind with some bugger or other.
Yep, Damn right, Esp in the local area, the rikshaw walas rule... lol... BTW the new red colour owns!!!

Last edited by angad777 : 3rd August 2006 at 15:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks