Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:46   #1

Hi,

I have recently (31st July 2006 to be precise) fitted LonGAS LPG kit to my Zen. Well RTO stuff is still pending but will be done by weekend. I have converted it for 18.5K (including RTO) form a local vendor (well exists for last 6 yrs and have converted more than 100 cars). Here are few exp..and queries..

Exp
1) Cost reduced by half (i mean it as I drive 45kms daily)
2) Additional noise while staring the car
3) Well pick up has dropped (its very very evident while driving uphill, I stay in M'bai and have to take a few flyovers)
4) At times can here few noises form the engine while driving
5) drive not as smooth as on petrol...
6) Well takes a lot of time to fill LPG, also theer is some sound while LPG is getting filled (My LPG mechanic said he will get this fixed)

queries
1) Can I get the same pick-up as petrol on LPG wth some fine tunning
2) while racing why the engine is not as smooth as on petrol
3) I hope the sound while filling LPG is of no major concern
4) Do I need to inform the Insurance company abt this??
5) How long does it normally takes to full the tank (60 lts capacity)
6) Are there any specific checks that I need to follow on regular basis
7) Well the indicator provided for level of LPG on my dashborad does not work..mechnic says he will fix it along with the LPG filling proble. I hope this is not a major concern??

Well all said and done I except for some crancky noises and drop in pick-up I am happy with the LPG conversion. i expect to get the amt recovered in 8-10 mnths time. If you are not too crazy abt speed then converting LPG seem sto be the BEST available option...

Well friends anyone who can help me with my queries
Old 3rd August 2006, 15:58   #2

Dad had a Cielo which he had gotten converted into LPG. Well we had some tuning problems as well, It seems the tuning would be perfect on one of the fuels only if it was set to be on LPG it would be jerky and less responsive in Petrol and vice versa. Though I guess that was a long time back, These days the kits are really advanced. Maybe with some better tuning and upkeep you can have same performance on LPG as u used to have on Petrol before the conversion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks