Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: My VW Jetta: 175 BHP with a Racechip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvigneshbhasker View Post
I already had the chip as I was using it on my c250 cdi. The same box could be used in the jetta with different settings. All I needed was the cable :-),
That is precisely why I would get a remap or a box specifically made for the car, and not a universal box like the racechip. Would suggest you get a remap and then see the difference for yourself.

Congrats on the car btw, great choice.
Old 3rd January 2015, 06:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Hi!

As far as I know, the DQ 250's limit is 420 nm, so the racing chip still operates well within the gearboxes limits. I'd recommend you don't remap/chip it to 420nm as it will mean you're operating on the edge of what the transmission can handle.

Nice mod Vignesh! I'm more inclined for a remap than a racing chip, but I have to admit you got great value for money with the chip. Any particular reason you went for it over a remap?
I have been trying to search for the specifications of the DG250 Gearbox on the internet.

I did manage to download a VW 6-speed Automatic Gearbox 09/09M - Design & Function Manual and the 09M gearbox has a max torque of 450 N-m. Is the B7 Passat fitted with this gearbox??
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Jetta: 175 BHP with a Racechip-screen-shot-20150103-6.21.18-am.png  

Old 4th January 2015, 12:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
I have been trying to search for the specifications of the DG250 Gearbox on the internet.

I did manage to download a VW 6-speed Automatic Gearbox 09/09M - Design & Function Manual and the 09M gearbox has a max torque of 450 N-m. Is the B7 Passat fitted with this gearbox??
I'm not sure about that man, sorry. I'm not sure it is though, the alternate codename I've heard for the gearbox is 02E.
Old 16th April 2015, 12:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hello kvigneshbhasker,

How is your jetta doing with the race chip installed?
I was planning to get the race chip pro 2 for my jetta,Any specific reason you got the Racechip one instead of racechip pro? I could make out racechip ultimate isn't worth the money just for that extra one Bhp over racechip pro.
What about the 0-100 Timing ?
Your inputs over it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Tanveer Shaikh.
Old 23rd April 2015, 20:36   #20
BHPian

What is the torque limit for the 6 speed manual gearbox ? Also what is the limit for the dual mass flywheel ? Can anyone share this info ?
Old 23rd April 2015, 21:19   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello kvigneshbhasker,

How is your jetta doing with the race chip installed?
I was planning to get the race chip pro 2 for my jetta,Any specific reason you got the Racechip one instead of racechip pro? I could make out racechip ultimate isn't worth the money just for that extra one Bhp over racechip pro.
What about the 0-100 Timing ?
Your inputs over it would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Tanveer Shaikh.
For reasons mentioned earlier in the thread, if you care about the long term reliability of your engine avoid a Racehip and get something else.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
For reasons mentioned earlier in the thread, if you care about the long term reliability of your engine avoid a Racehip and get something else.

That was the sole reason i wanted to get a feedback from bhaskar about it, the main reason i was attracted to it was the peace of removing it any time you want to, specially before giving the car for servicing as volkswagen specializes in denying any warranty claim giving any stupid reasons,
Though i am still thinking to take the plunge and get a remap from kirrus or tuner tronics maybe.
Old 24th April 2015, 09:49   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That was the sole reason i wanted to get a feedback from bhaskar about it, the main reason i was attracted to it was the peace of removing it any time you want to, specially before giving the car for servicing as volkswagen specializes in denying any warranty claim giving any stupid reasons,
Though i am still thinking to take the plunge and get a remap from kirrus or tuner tronics maybe.
There are a lot of other options available which make boxes with specific maps for those cars only. Racedynamics is a good option, at a good price. Tune O Tronics is also good, I have used them on a car of mine. Unfortunately I haven't heard good things about Kiirus.
Old 24th April 2015, 16:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are a lot of other options available which make boxes with specific maps for those cars only. Racedynamics is a good option, at a good price. Tune O Tronics is also good, I have used them on a car of mine. Unfortunately I haven't heard good things about Kiirus.
Yeah have heard about tune o tronics being really good, ill check about racedynamics if not I will go ahead with tune o tronics then
Besides which car did you use tune or tronics on?

Thanks
Tanveer
Old 24th April 2015, 20:19   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah have heard about tune o tronics being really good, ill check about racedynamics if not I will go ahead with tune o tronics then
Besides which car did you use tune or tronics on?

Thanks
Tanveer
Using the Tune-O-Tronics on the Laura vRS, its been about 20k kms since I got the remap. No issues caused by the remap. Another member here Lamborghini is running a ToT remap on his Laura DSG, may be worth asking him for his impressions.

Though if you want something removable before services, a race dynamics dual channel box is the way to go.

But, the service guys generally can't (or don't bother to) detect a remap unless its a serious engine issue.
Old 24th April 2015, 22:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Using the Tune-O-Tronics on the Laura vRS, its been about 20k kms since I got the remap. No issues caused by the remap. Another member here Lamborghini is running a ToT remap on his Laura DSG, may be worth asking him for his impressions.

Though if you want something removable before services, a race dynamics dual channel box is the way to go.

But, the service guys generally can't (or don't bother to) detect a remap unless its a serious engine issue.

Agreed the service guys dont really bother, but my recent experience with vw service centre when they tried to blame the rattling noise which was coming from the rear parcel tray to the boot lip spoiler i had installed!
Lateron they agreed and fixed it, they dint even get me the warranty for my spare key which never worked in the first place giving me stupid reasons, i dont want them to give even 1% chance lateron for any reason, so i think ill digup information on racedynamics only though i too prefer the proper remapping just do it once and forget it.
Old 15th July 2015, 10:47   #27
BHPian

Hi there.I know its an old post, but i am planning to buy the same race chip from the same dealer, so thought of asking you about your buying experience.
I own a 2008 1.4 Tdi skoda fabia, and planning to buy a race chip one for my car. How prompt was the delivery.? and how accurate was the product as explained by the dealer.? did you do any dyno testing, to check the performance upgrades?
Old 18th July 2015, 23:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hello, How is the jetta performing with the racechip? I am planning to get the racechip pro 2 for my Jetta. Would be highly appreciated if you can shed a few more details about your race chipped jetta, Also an in-gear acceleration and 0-100 video would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2016, 20:47   #29
BHPian

I'm planning to take a plunge for my Jetta 2.0 and if I'm satisfied then on XUV 500 also. From what I could gather I've 3 shortlisted options
1. Tune O Tronics
2. Racechip
3. RaceDynamics
They are not in any preference order, will like help from members to finalize.
Old 28th August 2016, 14:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm planning to take a plunge for my Jetta 2.0 and if I'm satisfied then on XUV 500 also. From what I could gather I've 3 shortlisted options
1. Tune O Tronics
2. Racechip
3. RaceDynamics
They are not in any preference order, will like help from members to finalize.
Hey, Petes has an offer running on custom remaps, 20,000 INR for the tune. Me along with 2 others Jetta' are going in together, PM me if you want to join in, Seems your from Mumbai too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks