Team-BHP - Which Steering lock and Gear lock to buy?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Which Steering lock and Gear lock to buy? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/16088-steering-lock-gear-lock-buy.html)

Can any one please tell me which is the best Steering lock and Gear lock? I need it for my Esteem (2004) model. It will be a great help if you can also tell me where i will be able to get that in Bangalore.

I did not get this specific information in the whole forum. I did search.

Thanks in advance.

Try Autocop brand. comes with warranty and should be reliable.

Do not go for steering lock... it is of no use as it takes a few seconds to break the steering and remove the lock... go for a gear lock only from a good car accessories shop.

Terminator (Autocop).

There are numerous brands. Go for the one which gives you a longer warranty period. I'm using BLACKCAT. No problems so far. And coz its a simple hardware device, it surely doesnt give any reasons to worry about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
Terminator (Autocop).

How much will this cost any idea?

I got Auto-Cop Gear Lock with 3 yr Warranty, Billed for Rs.1200...some promotional offer, But I understand that it retails for around 1600 or so...! Its good and pretty strong compared with Silicon and other cheaper ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein
I got Auto-Cop Gear Lock with 3 yr Warranty, Billed for Rs.1200...some promotional offer, But I understand that it retails for around 1600 or so...! Its good and pretty strong compared with Silicon and other cheaper ones.

That's great, I really wonder if this is available in Bangalore. I asked few autocop dealers over here, they said they will get back to me. But they have not. :mad:

Any idea people from Bangalore?

See if you can go to some good Car Accessories shop...I' really doubt the dealers wanting to sell it compared to selling Auto Cop Electronic Alarms..!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfinstein
See if you can go to some good Car Accessories shop...I' really doubt the dealers wanting to sell it compared to selling Auto Cop Electronic Alarms..!

There you are! That really makes sense....

Last time I searched for a gear lock for my friend's car, there were many brands. But the interesting thing was that they were manufactured by the same company in Taiwan, but retailed at different prices in India(according to the brand name), with Autocop being the costliest.

Check out Xenos if you are from Bangalore. The product is from Coimbatore in fact. Will surely have a dealership there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars
Check out Xenos if you are from Bangalore. The product is from Coimbatore in fact. Will surely have a dealership there.

Thank you! Does Xenos make gear locks?

Yes they do make Gear locks. But when I went hunting around for the 'pin' type lock which would have been aesthetic, I did not get one, and I did not want to wait.

Hence I now have a U-type lock, though bulky, it serves as a visual deterent too.

Unfortunately their website is not reachable now. No idea why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars
Yes they do make Gear locks. But when I went hunting around for the 'pin' type lock which would have been aesthetic, I did not get one, and I did not want to wait.

Hence I now have a U-type lock, though bulky, it serves as a visual deterent too.

Unfortunately their website is not reachable now. No idea why.

Ok, since you have a U-Type lock, i have a question for you.
Will this be fixed on the rubber just under the gear knob? if yes, will it not damage that rubber when it is locked? I will be glad if you can post a pic. To get an idea.