Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2006, 01:30   #16
Team-BHP Support

white ohc, black tints, your present delvil lights, 15 inchers, a nice sweet sounding exhaust oooohhhlalala!!
best part is that itsnot in your face kinds like a lot of hondas i've seen.
i've seen a couple of saffire silver kitted ohc s as well, and they sure look good if the the job is clean. Infact there is a kitted 1.3 ohc that i ve seen with stock wheels. very simple kit and a vtec spoiler.

manson.
Old 19th August 2006, 01:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

@manson: i think you'll like my ride .. it just needs darker tints perhaps ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9424981...7594234364294/
Old 19th August 2006, 02:00   #18
Team-BHP Support

yep bro, darker tints. don't like the saffire silver, heather mist etc much, but don't look that bad if the car is shod with some nice wheels, and is reasonably clean from the exterior.
but thats a nice clean ride manveet.

btw, mine is a daffire silver with the most bling tints which i kinda dislike in absolute sunlight. got them put by mistake, now don't feel like ripping hard earned money off my windows

manson.

Last edited by manson : 19th August 2006 at 02:09.
Old 19th August 2006, 02:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
don't like the saffire silver, heather mist etc much, but don't look that bad if the car is shod with some nice wheels, and is reasonably clean from the exterior
well .. mine is called maharaja gold .. but ya .. given a choice i'd go for a maroon/red/blue/bottle green anyda.

and btw .. i think my wheels are sexy .. somehow inspite of being golden .. they still manage the classy look.

me thinking of a wire mesh grille now ?
Old 19th August 2006, 09:23   #20
BHPian

I would suggest 17's deep dish rims....Matte finish if possible as opposed to crome...

From the kits i have seen from RIO and everyone else in Bombay...the all look the same.......

assuming that you might really NOT want a BLING factor...Here is my suggestion.

Picture this.....
  • Candy apple red (pearlscent)
  • Black or Bronze rims
  • No Decal please.....every one does it...and its getting too boring!!
  • Delete your existing spoiler (if you have it)
  • Don't bother p[utting a new wing after that...just fill the holes up.
  • Get some non bling tail lights...LED'S if you can find them...
you should have something that may look like this...

Last edited by R32_GTR : 19th August 2006 at 09:25.
Old 19th August 2006, 11:10   #21
BHPian

I used to have darkest tint possible... ( Darkest Films and then doubled it )

But then there were COPS COPS everywhere....

so i removed those tints only from front windows
Rear Windshield and rear door windows still have those double dark tints...

Its almost impossible for me to take a reverse during night so im planning to get a little lighter tint on the rear windsheild...

COLOR ISSUE
If i stick with this Saffire Silver Color i dont think a decal will look good on this...

if i stay with this color i think then i'll have to maintain a clean and simple car with
Company Skirts
VTECH or Maybe a RIO Spoiler
Nice Rims
free flow with a nice sounding mufflers
K & N Filters...
Old 19th August 2006, 11:38   #22
BHPian

@ Manson - Dont get me started off on the Sapphire silver thingy :(
I hate it too. Dont you think you could have done so much more for less if the car was a white or black one?

I have a saphire silver ohc and have been deliberately avoiding any major body work. Planning to do all the body work ( i mean dents and scratches ) patched up and painting the car White. White with 15" bbs alloys, stage 1 mods, mild tints. That should be something!
Old 19th August 2006, 11:49   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~
COLOR ISSUE
If i stick with this Saffire Silver Color i dont think a decal will look good on this...

if i stay with this color i think then i'll have to maintain a clean and simple car with
Company Skirts
VTECH or Maybe a RIO Spoiler
Nice Rims
free flow with a nice sounding mufflers
K & N Filters...
i'll try and get you a couple of pics whenever i see the saffire silver kitted ohc again, it surely looks better than the wierd badly finished yellow, red and blue ohc s i have seen.

you can make vinyls and decals look good on any colour, just depends on how is it doen, but what is the fascination with the decals man.
just saw a santro in the bhp garage with enkei and bbs decals alongwith a few others, and the car was running on AURA.
Nothing wrong with the auras, but why would you put decals of some other company when you have wheels from another.

company skirts look alright as well, but have a look at the basic kit that rio provides for the ohc.
personally i ve never wanted to get skirts for any of my cars thanks to the quality of our roads.

manson.
Old 19th August 2006, 11:56   #24
BHPian

hey buddy as far as its a honda or a mitsubishi i would always suggest you to go to gautam (carmodernize) for that...they have the most minute parts also which add a very good effect to the whole modded car...simply too good at their job...seen a lot of lancer's and honda's done by gautam and the paint quality and finish on the kit is simply superb...rio is very very typical..you can just tell its a rio modded car in a second..also arush is in delhi and i havent seen any other interesting kits around...so yes my advise again to you is carmodernize and as everyone's already told you make sure you get a nice set of rims and very good rubber..xenon's definately make a vast difference in the overall look of the car..neon's arent gonna last you for too long so decide before you install them...because with indian driving conditions and the current bombay roads you are bound to crack them or blow them..that's again a waste right there..and yes basic stage 1 mods are a must..because otherwise it's gonna be an all show no go car..and that's no point...cheers..happy revvin...!!
Old 19th August 2006, 14:15   #25
BHPian

one more isuue is that i want a car with a nice sound but im worried bout the cops around...

my friend had it and god know how many times he must have been fined for the same....

i ve seen many mufflers with removable silencers will this work... coz they are just fitted with one bolt you can remove them whenever you want sound (maybe on a weekend) again bolt it on when sound is not required...

What do u think !!!
Old 19th August 2006, 14:19   #26
BHPian

Plz someone put more light on the type of muffler "HONDA" is saying.

Does the Automech guy has such type of Removable Mufflers...

Thanx...
Old 19th August 2006, 14:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone
Plz someone put more light on the type of muffler "HONDA" is saying.

Does the Automech guy has such type of Removable Mufflers...

Thanx...
Its not removable muffler....

Its just a removable silencer which is bolted on the muffler....
Old 19th August 2006, 14:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~
Its not removable muffler....

Its just a removable silencer which is bolted on the muffler....
Hey dude!

This is for the first time i am hearing of an removable silencer..
Do u mean something kinda plug-n-play silencer.. ??
Please let us know more of this.. i am sure alot of us would want to know bout this and the way it works, not only in terms of the silencer sound, but in performance also.

Cheers,
Ollie.
Old 19th August 2006, 15:03   #29
Team-BHP Support

What ~ honda ~ is talking about, does surely exist. Its like any other cat-back exhaust with a funnel kinda looking object on the inside. This funnel when bolted in (by a small nut) makes the exhaust as quiet as a stock one.

My cousin had got one of these in his accent a few months back. Infact i had taken him around to get it installed.
But these don't sound as nice and punchy as most desire. Good thing is that like most other cat-back exhausts these too open up after 2-2.5 k rpm. So even if you don't have the funnel bolted in, you most probably won't be pulled over for a loud exhaust.

I had a cat-back on my ohc and was never stopped even once in six months for it.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 19th August 2006 at 15:09.
Old 19th August 2006, 15:04   #30
BHPian

I donno in terms of performance does this affects or not...

here's the image for you if it helps u sort out the matter...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks