Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2006, 00:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello folks,
I just joined. Got here thru google and couldn't believe what I'd been missing all along.

I drive a 4-year old Palio 1.2 (ELX). I have a reasonably good ICE system in my car. Now my problem is, the front doors have begun to rattle too much for me to enjoy any sort of bassy music. [I have Blau ODX662s (running off an amp) installed in the stock location in the front doors]. I've been grinning and bearing it for the past few months, but now its driving me nuts.

Do you folks have any suggestions about how I can get rid of the rattles? Have any of you folks from Kochi got a Dynamat job done (here in Kochi)? If so, where did you folks get it done? How much did it cost? Any other solution other than Dynamat?

Just for a self intro, this is what I have in my Palio (All Blaupunkt except for the Sub):

HU: Blaupunkt Casablanca coupled with an RC10 Remote control on the steering wheel.
CDC: CDC-A03 10 disc.
Amps: A GTA 250 and a GTA 450.
Speakers: ODX662s in front (door panel) and ODX693s in the back on a plank (all 4 fed by the GTA450).
Sub: Kenwood KFC-WF305 12" Sub in a ported Box in the boot (fed by the GTA250).
Nothing much else.

Thanks for listening.
hydrashok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2006, 06:49   #2
BANNED

Hi and welcome to Team-BHP.
Nice to know that more and more kochiites are moving in! welcome on board bro!

I think this thread should've been in the ICE section. Ya, that's the wicked and the most happening section in T-BHP.

Your car's ICE looks very good. Should be a kickass setup. Congratulations.
Regarding the rattling problem, it should be well avoided. Thaks to sound deadening materials like Dynamat, Fonomat, Wurth etc. The job is to get it done by an expert. Where did you have your ICE installed? I would sugest you get back to the same place if they can do this sort of job.
Otherwise you can count other options.

I've got an Alto which has some good ICE setup. Check my garage for more info. I did sound dampening through out the car and I tell you it was worth it. All my install job was done in Cochin itself.

MODS, please move this thread to the ICE section.
Old 25th August 2006, 10:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the welcome, speedzak! I like it here already

And sorry for posting in the wrong section. Will be careful in future.

I got my setup (except for the Sub) done at the Blaupunkt showroom on the Byepass road, (near Skoda) near Vyttila. The sub was a hangover from my old all Kenwood setup. Couldn't bear to let it go. The guy there doesn't have experience with sound deadening work. So I guess it is safe to take it to a guy who has done some dyna/fonomat/WURTH work.

Checked your garage. AWESOME!

Where did you get the WURTH job done? Emperor? How much did it cost ya? And how long did they take to do it? Is it holding up well enough with the Velocity sub pounding the @$$ off the car?

Cheers!
Old 25th August 2006, 16:44   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
Thanks for the welcome, speedzak! I like it here already

And sorry for posting in the wrong section. Will be careful in future.

I got my setup (except for the Sub) done at the Blaupunkt showroom on the Byepass road, (near Skoda) near Vyttila. The sub was a hangover from my old all Kenwood setup. Couldn't bear to let it go. The guy there doesn't have experience with sound deadening work. So I guess it is safe to take it to a guy who has done some dyna/fonomat/WURTH work.

Checked your garage. AWESOME!

Where did you get the WURTH job done? Emperor? How much did it cost ya? And how long did they take to do it? Is it holding up well enough with the Velocity sub pounding the @$$ off the car?

Cheers!
Blaupunkt showroom cant do some dampening???

Well, in that case your option is to get it done at Emperor who does my installs. Dampening my whole car took a heavy beating on my pocket as it was about 10k!!! It took us a whole day to finish the dampening job alone. And the Velocity kicks!! it can kick any A$$ in front of it.

PM me and I'll give you more details.

Mods, please move this thread to the ICE Section. (We'll have more fun discussing this over there).
Old 25th August 2006, 21:29   #5
BHPian

hi hydrashok,great to hear there is another palio user in team-bhp from cochin-you should come for the meet.
personally i have felt the road noise filters in too much in the palio.dont know if its due to the stock tyres,the poor insulation or the bad roads.especially i started feelin this after driving my uncle's fiesta-very quiet inside.have often wanted to experience that same feeling inside the palio.even i wanted to post a thread on this same topic,but you posted it before me.so its not an isolated case!!
Old 26th August 2006, 22:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hola, carfreak! When & where is the meet? I'd definitely like to come. Where are the meet details given?
And I agree that road noise is a bit of an issue. I just upgraded my tyres to Michelin Pilot Preceda 205/50 R15s and switched to alloys. I was crossing my fingers about road noise increase. Lucky for me, even though I went up from the stock 175s to 205s, there isn't any perceptible increase in road noise. So it must be the stock rubber that's causing the problem.

Speedzak, sad but true. The Blau folks have no experience with sound dampening work. I visited Emperor yesterday. Spoke to Anish. He says they will only do sound dampening work with a full install job. They can't do a take-it-apart-and-then-fix-it-back on job it seems. And he was cold as ice when he said it. Apparently he didn't like the fact that my install was done someplace else.

And 10K is a little bit steep for me if i'm spending it on dampening alone. I'd use the 10K (and some more) upgrade my sub and amp I just need to buy a buyer for my current sub and amp to add to that 10+ K. I have my eyes on a Velocity VB 300 (12" passive sub, in a Blau Ported Box 1200W Max) and a Blau THA1400 Amp (1 x 1000W max). I've kind of decided that I'm going to hang on to my Palio for another 2 years, so I guess there's not much harm in some more ICE ICE Baby... As a last ditch thing, I can do a dirty-fix on the front panel rattle with two well-placed screws and a drill. Will look ugly though, and that's the only thing that's keeping me back.
Old 27th August 2006, 00:32   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok
Speedzak, sad but true. The Blau folks have no experience with sound dampening work. I visited Emperor yesterday. Spoke to Anish. He says they will only do sound dampening work with a full install job. They can't do a take-it-apart-and-then-fix-it-back on job it seems. And he was cold as ice when he said it. Apparently he didn't like the fact that my install was done someplace else.

And 10K is a little bit steep for me if i'm spending it on dampening alone. I'd use the 10K (and some more) upgrade my sub and amp I just need to buy a buyer for my current sub and amp to add to that 10+ K. I have my eyes on a Velocity VB 300 (12" passive sub, in a Blau Ported Box 1200W Max) and a Blau THA1400 Amp (1 x 1000W max). I've kind of decided that I'm going to hang on to my Palio for another 2 years, so I guess there's not much harm in some more ICE ICE Baby... As a last ditch thing, I can do a dirty-fix on the front panel rattle with two well-placed screws and a drill. Will look ugly though, and that's the only thing that's keeping me back.
The answer you got from ANISH is the reason I asked you to go to your installer. And I told you to PM me for more details (before going to them). Anyway, they're quite infamous for their attitude problem. But the problem is to find somebody as good when it comes to installs. Check the market place for a Palio with ICE thread for the quality of their installs.
But, dont despair man! Your issue can be solved. I'm trying to get another dealer who will be willing to do jobs like these. But it'll cost some serious money for a decent job.
You can also try your service centre guys when you take your car for it's next visit. Ask them to remove all the rattling parts and put it back with some foam padding etc. It'll be sufficient in many cases.
It'll be a pleasure to see you in the meet. Go to the T-BHP meet section in SHIFTING GEARS and follow the thread there!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks