Team-BHP - Suspension and engine Mods for Alto LX!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Suspension and engine Mods for Alto LX! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/16388-suspension-engine-mods-alto-lx.html)

Guys!

Here goes another crazy thought for my Alto. Yes, I'm planning to get Koni shocks for my alto w/o strut bars.

I am informed that it comes in two varieties: Soft (special) and Sport.
The prices are around 23k-24k for the whole set which includes 2 in the front and 2 for the rear.

I am plannning to go for the sporty version. Does anybody own/use these in their cars?
How do you rate them?

Experts! Please shed some light on this.

Ayyyooooo,speedzak what next?a nitro kit plus a bi-turbo for the alto?lol:

anyway this is one mod which i am dying to test!!because i am planning it on my palio too!!

havent used them but have heard a lot about them. i am currently using tokico blue shocks on my crx and the ride has hardened and become hard to drive on potholes fileed mumbai roads. the sport version i think would be excellent for track use if you are gonna use your alto for track use.

Hey Speedzak,

Thats a good thing that you are doing. I was planning about it but not enough dough.. First thing in mind is headers and free flow exuast.

Keep us posted. Very intresting. Since you said that you are going for Sports version, would like to know how does it feel on bad roads. Please keep us updated.

Guys! When you've got a car, modify it to the max!
That's my theory!
And I'm sad that my poor Alto is the one suffering from my madness for the moment.
I've got myself a freeflow kit from Automech & will be fitting it in soon. I've made the muffler soft so that it does'nt become a showoff.
Now, it's time for some shox! And what else but a Koni!
But wanna hear some experience of those. Anybody?

Get in touch with TURBO INDIA or Peter (PM him or me if you want his number).... He will fix you up with some very interesting suspension options... and a brake upgrade too (THIS you are going to need in case if you want to max out the experience)

My two cents - Sport is a bad idea!... you will be able to tell the "Hastha-rekha" of the guy who laid the road!!:D

Alternatively Contact PSYCHO.... he will do exteremely interesting things to your existing shocks that they will inturn set your adrenalin coursing! - not to mention will keep your accountant happy! ... A few ppl here have tried this and are extrememly happy!

Your 2 cents were EXXTREMELY (cant shout more) helpful!

Pete's dont have any brake upgrades for Alto.:Frustrati

hey buddy i dont think koni's are going to solve your problem ..why dont you just try mods on your current suspension..if you have a good turner around or something..they increase the temper in the springs hence they get stiffer..also the piston inside the shock absorber is forged..makes a big difference..i cant give you 100% technical info..but this has been tried before and it does work..just my two bits..do let me know if this does materialise...thnx..cheers...!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragger
hey buddy i dont think koni's are going to solve your problem ..why dont you just try mods on your current suspension..if you have a good turner around or something..they increase the temper in the springs hence they get stiffer..also the piston inside the shock absorber is forged..makes a big difference..i cant give you 100% technical info..but this has been tried before and it does work..just my two bits..do let me know if this does materialise...thnx..cheers...!!

Hey dragger can you please throw some more light on this, the process, the time required & approx costing

Dragger!!! that was really nice. Like to hear more from you.

So, KONI is just some hype after all or what?

PM Psycho...He knows EGGGJAAAAACtly what to do!!... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100
PM Psycho...He knows EGGGJAAAAACtly what to do!!... :)

I have that in my mind for some time now.
I'm counting some options here before I start troubling Mr. Psycho Uncle!

You could just get a strut na. It'll also help and do its bit to improve handling. I think Peter also deals with Neuspeed stuff.

BTW, arn't the suspensions on cars adjustable??

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
You could just get a strut na. It'll also help and do its bit to improve handling. I think Peter also deals with Neuspeed stuff.

BTW, arn't the suspensions on cars adjustable??

Yaa man! Struts are great to improve the way car handles.
Pete's have many exotic stuff! But only catering to mid segment cars and higher end ones. They dont have kits for smaller segment cars.:Frustrati

Suspensions in Indian cars are not much adjustable I think! Yes, it's a thinking! What does experts say on this?

emm, emm... so you got the freeflow to eh? how abt sourcing a 1.1 engine? or maybe turboed alto? no joke. I haev seen turboed M800 and hence :D you knw...

next time I am driving teh car and you sit and watch some movie.

I remember reading a thread abt struts, even had pix.