Team-BHP - Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/166247-restored-1985-maruti-800-ss80-c-deluxe.html)

Recently restored a Maruti 800 ( SS80) AC Deluxe car of year 1985. It was the third car on the Streets of Kolkata and lovingly owned by a single owner for last 30 years.

The car had almost 99 % original parts including AM Radio, seat belts ( japanese make), Original seat covers, and factory fitted AC.

The compressor had been replaced by Maruti at no cost after the car completed 25 years.

The only thing new about the car is the battery and a full paint job. Plus some mechanical repairs.

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-1.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-6.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-4.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-3.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-5.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-9.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-7.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-10.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-14.jpg

Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe-12.jpg

Awesome !! Very nicely kept and congratulations.

A couple of very silly and OT questions ? Whom did you buy this car from ? Did this belong to a certain Mr. Chatterjee ? Also Which complex is this that you stay. Seems pretty familiar.

Amrit sir, the car looks excellent; very neat :) How does it drive? How does the engine feel?

One more question: Its a 1985 model, then how come its owned since 34 years?

-Bhargav

I assume the odometer has rolled over at least once -- what is the likely distance it has done? 187219 km? 287219? (Strange that Maruti didn't foresee the car having such longevity!)

Hi
@Altocumulus - This was someone else's car.

@ Octane-Power - Yes, you are right. Calculation error... I should have written 29 years.

@rsidd - the car has done 87,219 kms only. odometer did not roll over.

Regards
Amrit

Man, that is one drool-worthy car clap:clap:.

The restoration is fabulous! Looks like she just rolled out of the showroom. Definitely the best SS80 I've seen so far on Team-BHP.

Those interiors took me back in time. I've had many college dates in an '85 Maruti 800. Had even taken it for my driving test (belonged to my uncle).

Who restored it? Who owns it? You? If so, congratulations on both.

Superbly restored. I found this car's ad in our Team-BHP Classifieds section Any particular reason for letting her go?

I loved going by my friend's car to school and I still keep making him guilty for selling his mint-condition, red SS80 to upgrade to a mass market Santro! :D

Simply Fantastic ! Beautiful Should be the word :thumbs up

Respect

Is there any work done to the mechanicals too ? I mean the engine ? Or is it still the stock one ?

Amazing rebuild sir! Simply love the clean lines of this car. This car in my view is the only one to come with Metallic bumpers.

Looks great!

Awesome work. Does it still have leather seats under those seat covers? I've heard DX came with leather seats.

This is a beauty, I loved the partial back glass which opened instead of the complete rake. very nicely done and congratulations Sir for being the owner and keeping it updated with time.

Amazing work!! Paint job quality is flawless! :thumbs up

Such a timeless design this is!

Superb restoration job. Maruti 800 DX was my first car too and i have some fantastic memories. But the best one is when the car was fully submerged in the 26 July 2005 floods in Mumbai. I called mechanic next day. The car was absolute mess and i had lost all hope. It was looking complete garbage. And the mechanic did one amazing thing. He actually lifted the car from back side with both his hands and shook it vigorously. This definitely sounds weird but i saw this happening on that day. And voila, the water came out from every nook and corner, one key stroke and the car started. Just can't imagine this kind of thing happening with the current generation of cars :)

The rebuild has been done meticulously. The interior & the bodyline with that awesome paintwork makes the car stand out. As rightly said by GTO, it's just rolled out of the showroom. Congratulations to you on the beautiful job.:thumbs up

you've taken me 20 years back into my childhood. I remember those times when a distant relative had a Red Maruti 800 and every time he visited us, it was excitement. Maybe the Red colour bug hit me then.
A brilliantly executed job; Happy driving and take care of the beauty.