Team-BHP - Webasto Sun roof for Scorpio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Webasto Sun roof for Scorpio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/16659-webasto-sun-roof-scorpio.html)

Hi,

The Webasto dealer next to the India Garage (Bangalore) showroom is charging 45k for a small sliding sunroof for my scorpio (at the front portion of the roof). This comes with a 2 year warranty. This is electrically operated. Wanted to know if this rate is ok and if there are any other brave souls with SUVs who have gone in for an after market sunroof and their experiences to help me make my mind?

Thanks

dude, i got a fully automatic sunroof in my Laura, and trust me, never used it! personally, imho, its a big waste putting 45k for the sunroof! rather put that money on better tyres/rim/ ICE! and u will make good use of ur money!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
dude, i got a fully automatic sunroof in my Laura, and trust me, never used it! personally, imho, its a big waste putting 45k for the sunroof! rather put that money on better tyres/rim/ ICE! and u will make good use of ur money!

agree: With Insane Devil.

Its Better To Spend Money On ICE,Tyres And Rims.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil

agree: why put money into something you cant even enjoy.cos personally speaking the weather here isnt that great .and for the wind in ur hair experience,instead of wind you'll end up with dust,smoke and bird poop.

The last time i opened my Sunroof , a nice evening, which was cloudy, and a few mins later a truck came in front of me, and its entire black smoke cam in my car! i had only the sunroof open, it spoiled the whole experience of it! the best u can use is just open the inside cover so that light comes thru. But that part too is only when its not sunny! coz then the sun hits inside on ur shoulders mostly and u start feeling being burnt!

A sun-roof in India is really not sensible, especially if you are living in a City.

Even the car which brought it in as standard equipment first here, had to sell it hard on the TV ads using a "Karva Chauth" situation :). No hard feelings, just that it makes me ROTFL anytime I see it.

Like everyone else on this thread,... I would recommend a good ICE, better footwear or there is lots more that can be done to a Scorpio.

And I have a friend, chose to install that on his Lancer, he had lot of issues with rusting and eventually a leak later in the monsoon here.

Sometime after market installs like this can get to be heart-breaking.

Take your best decision, you have a good car with you.

webasto is a very good company for sunroofs.to give an example the maybach comes with a webasto panorama sunroof.if you really want a sunroof and you find it to be of some use to you,then go for it and make sure you get it installed properly cos a badly installed sunroof can lead to leakages,rusting etc.whats the model number of the sunroof.i'l check it here in noida to make a comparison.

wht are the advantages of a sun roof....will it really make the interiors look roomy, or wht...also will it not mean more load on the AC, iam not sure of the advantages of it......yes a convertible is splendid...but wht are the adv of a sun roof

"A man will spen 2$ on a 1$ item he needs, and a woman will spend 1$ on a 2$ item which she does not need."....So said some one.
My wife too has been asking for this sunroof eversince she saw one corolla fitted with the Webasto in the autoexpo. I have been putting it off so long.

Is your case similar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharu
wht are the advantages of a sun roof....will it really make the interiors look roomy, or wht...also will it not mean more load on the AC, iam not sure of the advantages of it......yes a convertible is splendid...but wht are the adv of a sun roof

Advantages:

1. Extra airy feel to the interiors.
2. Fresh Air
3. Can be used for watching stars at night with girlfriend on a romantic night (Not while driving of course!)

Disadvantages:

1. Fresh Air - If you live in a city like Bangalore or Delhi then you know very well that fresh air in these cities can actually kill you!!
2. Extra heat due to larger glasshouse and thus more heat ingress & retention when you have the blind beneath the sunroof open.
3. Expense since the sunroofs available are quite expensive (You would be advised to spend the money on nice wheels/tyres/ICE etc.)
4. Free & Sudden showers - If travelling during the day in a heavy traffic then you can also have a free shower courtersy of a paan/guthka peek or spitting from the passengers/driver in the nearby local bus/truck :D

one more advantage is that the cooling efficiency of the ac in ur car will be higher.the reason being it allows the shorter wavelength radiation to escape.this short wavelenght radiation is what heats up ur car in the summers when u keep it parked under the sun.but that can be achieved by switchin on the ac at full and opening all the doors and windows before strating off.so apart from a style quotient a sunroof doesnt offer any significant advantages.

i put a pop-up sunroof in my zen, bought it used here in canada for $30 ($1000 rupees) and paid a shop $300 to install it..did a ver good job, sorry no pic

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogermann (Post 448942)
$30 ($1000 rupees) and paid a shop $300

looks like you haven't left Canada, spiritually. :)
what brand was your sunroof - how'd you get the measurements, etc. to make sure it'd fit your Zen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbpscars (Post 285689)
Even the car which brought it in as standard equipment first here, had to sell it hard on the TV ads using a "Karva Chauth" situation :). No hard feelings, just that it makes me ROTFL anytime I see it.

That would be the Optra, right? But if I'm not mistaken the first car to offer it as std equipment was the Opel Astra Club. Correct me if I'm wrong of course guys!

Btw, here's a silly question for you bright folks... what's the difference between a sun-roof and a moon-roof? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aah78 (Post 448980)
looks like you haven't left Canada, spiritually. :)
what brand was your sunroof - how'd you get the measurements, etc. to make sure it'd fit your Zen?

I don't remeber the brand of sunroof, but I went to a auto wreaking yard here and took it out of a car, it was very easy-just some screws and seals and i had an idea of the size of the zen roof. its the same as the small cars here and then i took it to a maruti dealer and they measured the size and cut the roof....