Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2006, 07:01   #1

Dear All,

I have an esteem vxi, 2005 january model. I have a 10 CD changer and alloy wheels on it. Need some pointers about the modifications I can do for better performance and handling on the road. Also can you please advice on the cost for new hood with air openings?

If someone is from Pune and knows some dependable shop where I can get the modifications done, please let me know.

I have a budget of 70-80K and would also like to go for CNG / LPG, but am confused after reading the arguments on this forum.

Cheers,
Ashraf
Old 3rd September 2006, 12:15   #2
BHPian

Its wiser to keep you car o Petrol than getting yourself into the pain of CNG/LPG cos the installation and then the Cost of LPG and then the mileage all round to the same thing of having a petrol car.

Get your self a Nice K&N filter, you could check out their wensite for dealers in pune.

Cheers
M516
Old 3rd September 2006, 19:12   #3
BHPian

The money you will spend on the Kit and simple modification you want will recover soon , with CNG. Cost is 19.20 for 1 Kg which gives me a mileage of around 16 considering I have a 1.4 Indica XETA.

For 70 K, I suggest, Go in for a Free Flow ( That is if you like the sound, and will keep the system clean enough so that your PUC is normal)Exhaust system, CNG kit with Lamda controller or Advanced Timer.

For the Hood system you need to get in touch with our Mumbai members, Also you could get the Bumpers and Headlights modified..That is if you want to spend the entire 70 K nahin toh use kam mein basic mod jaise CNG Kit and Free Flow Exhaust toh ho Jaega.
Old 3rd September 2006, 23:02   #4

Thanks for the advice M516, car_crazy_kid and Wolfinstein.

Any pointers to reliable and reasonable cost modifiers in Pune or Mumbai will be welcome.

Cheers,
Ashraf
Old 12th September 2006, 16:02   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M516
Get your self a Nice K&N filter
M516
Using the K&N filter, will FE reduct due to that??? Please correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited by willy : 12th September 2006 at 16:04.
Old 13th September 2006, 06:25   #6
BHPian

hey buddy..well the esteem is a beautiful car to mod and work on..i would advise you that the cng/lpg kit is an absolute no no..well with basic mods such as a 4" conical filter and a 4x2x1 header to tailend free flow..along with iridium plugs and an upgraded msd blaster ss coil should so the trick for you..we had good mileage results..under standard driving conditions and the car moved beautifully with very noticable power increase..do pm me if you need any other info..cheers..happy revvin..!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks