Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2006, 04:27   #1
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I have recently booked a Indica Xeta. The only problem with Xeta is poor thigh support for the front seat ( I am 6.1 feet ). I have inquired about the possibility of fitting Indigo seats in the Indica. Has anyone done this? If yes could you please share your experience.

-Adi
Old 10th September 2006, 11:36   #2
BHPian

well, I'm 6 ft Tall, and find the seats comfortable enough..in my XETA, although not comparable to the support from my lancer..! I suggest you go for customised seats made by Recaro.
Old 10th September 2006, 20:53   #3
BHPian

Adi, Speedworks in Chennai have a couple of Recaro seats. He had 4 sets and now he is left with only 1. PM me if you are interested.
Old 10th September 2006, 21:03   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys, from what I learned from the net Recaro seats would be expensive, please correct me if I am wrong. If they are not I will check in Pune.

The dealer guy told me that I can go to Tata Johnson ( located in Pune) and get the seats changed. They were unaware of the difference in Price and I have requested them to check the difference.

-Adi
Old 10th September 2006, 21:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k
Thanks guys, from what I learned from the net Recaro seats would be expensive, please correct me if I am wrong. If they are not I will check in Pune.

The dealer guy told me that I can go to Tata Johnson ( located in Pune) and get the seats changed. They were unaware of the difference in Price and I have requested them to check the difference.

-Adi
Adi I suggest you call the guy at Speedworks and find out the rates of the seats. You are right, these are a bit expensive. Do check with him if he can get replicas of the same if possible. PM me if you need his contact number.

Last edited by harmon_bro : 10th September 2006 at 21:21.
Old 9th July 2008, 13:51   #6

Gents, please don't replace seats as you wish or with speedworks or with Recaro. TJC will not be in a position to supply or fit INDIGO seats in INDICA. There is a safety element attached to seat frame design and it is not recommended to modify or fit any other seats. Please visit CMVR or ARAI websites for the tests done on seats for the occupant safety in case of a crash ( seats connects occupant with BIW)
Old 9th July 2008, 17:53   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Please visit CMVR or ARAI websites for the tests done on seats for the occupant safety in case of a crash ( seats connects occupant with BIW)
You mean submarine seats? Interesting viewpoint you put forward.
Old 9th July 2008, 18:04   #8
BANNED

The Indica / go series already has anti-submarine seats. I always feel that the Indigo seats are slightly shorter (in terms of under thigh support) but taller (in height) than the Indica seats.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:52   #9

Gents, Indica or Indigo seat are not anti-submarine seats for sure. Active anti-submarine is a mechanism which will stop occupant slipping through lap/shoulder belt. Anyhow, who cares when 1 lakh people are dying on roads in India every year and many more becoming physically handicapped with faulty design of seats / no airbags / faulty seat belts / retractors / belt anchorages / BIW bolts / non-collapsable steering wheels and what not? Do we follow any traffic rules?
Old 17th July 2008, 19:46   #10
BANNED

So you think the Tata website is dishing out false information? Check out the section on safety. What about other manufacturers?
Old 17th July 2008, 20:36   #11
BHPian

I am 6.1 and using the XETA for past 28 months. Never had any issues with the seat. Have you tried changing your seat position? I prefer using the notch lower than the max setting (max. pull back).

Also you need to adjust the pedal heights during your first service, else you might end up getting pain in your calves.
Old 17th July 2008, 20:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

yep, even I've found that a very laid back position to be suitable when driving
only negative is that you have to lean forward when maneuvering through tight traffic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks