Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2006, 22:40   #1
BHPian

Of late,My Accnt Tornado 1.6 which has clocked 40K kms is giving me some freak problems.1st of all its giving me a poor mileage of 9.7km/pl with AC and 4ppl under sedate driving.Never been above 3000rpm.Wat concerns me more is the horrible sound my exhaust produces.Sounds very similar to a Tipper Lorry.Replaced the muffler 4 months before with the OE spec for Rs3000 but now the tail end is all rust and even more worrying is that there is a kind of MISSING experienced while driving....and literally there is no power under 3K rpm.I hav a replacement K&N filter installed,though honestly I dont experience any difference.Should i replace the Muffler once again.Is i because of the defective muffler iam experiencing poor acceleratioN??plzzzzz help

I would also like to know wether it is possible for me to order an automech Free flow and get it fitted at a local workshop in my city.Will that be possible?Does free flow system include muffler also?Can anyone please give me an approximate price for t he system.Another alternative I find is fitting REMUS mufflers....but if iam not wrong they cost 15K and my question is wether they are really worth sooo much??Will my mileage decrease if I install them?
I seek immediate advice from all gurus.

PSoes REMUS have an authorised dealer in KOCHIN?

Thanks in Advance,
VIJAY
Old 14th September 2006, 00:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

MAybe they messed with welding and hence thers a block

The full FF would contain the muffler. Order through teh automech website or call them up. Remus is just the muffler na? I guess FF for Accent from Automech should be less than 15k!

One tend to get addicted to teh sound of FF and hence floor the pedal for more nirvana! and hence lesser the FE, otherwise there should be an increase in FE.
Old 14th September 2006, 02:11   #3
BHPian

spoof it up!!!

missing is a normal problem with the tornados ive seen !! thats because of the wiring getting burnt ( well dthats wht the hyundai ppl say!) ! as far as the exhaust goes , go for the free flow man!! it would make your ride much quicker through the revs !! the company wiring would be quite expensive so then why not just go for better spark plugs(platinum ) and wiring !! that would improve performance and fe if u drive with a light foot !! i think its the best opportunity to get these mods!! ;-)
Old 14th September 2006, 07:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

OT; could you post a review on your car as Tornado owners are a rare find here
Old 14th September 2006, 14:44   #5
BHPian

THanks for the quick r eply guys but may I just know wether REMUS are just mufflers and cost wise getting t he ffe and Remus is t he s ame ie around 13-15K.but actually IAm not sure wether the automech s tuff costs 13K...heard it is around 10K..can anyone confirm..plzzzzz...so Iam just confused wether the REMUS is just Hype and wether it reduces FE and will giv the same boost of a ffe system....Experts plzzzzzzzzz help...looking forward to ur suggetions. speedOmanis: HOW much will better spark plugs cost??
Old 15th September 2006, 19:02   #6
BHPian

Guyss plzzzz help.Its urgent.Now about the missing part.I took up the matter to MUSTANG motors.Guys from Kerela may have heard this.The chief mechanic says that there is nothing wrong with the exhaust but problems are with the LEAD wires and some ignition coil.I was earlier planning to for automech but just because that I founnd it reliable and only they could send me the stuff down here and they had some dearler in kochin otherways if I w as in Mumbai I would have gone for VIPER PERFOMANCE especially after seeing the review from ELF.Now after reading the various discussions in the forum about Automech Iam confused wether I should go for it or not.I guess SS--is stainless steel and is MS-mild steel or wat??just confused....need ur advice very badly...thanks in adv.

best regards
VIJAY
Old 16th September 2006, 16:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

ss is stainless steel and ms: mild steel

pm viper or psycho for more abt FF. or just get automech.

iridium plugs cost 750/piece. do get the HD wire with it.

remus is just the muffler and they wont give the performance of a FF.
Check teh thread abt automech for more details

Last edited by jkdas : 16th September 2006 at 16:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks