Team-BHP - My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/170850-my-turbo-r18-honda-civic-edit-not-end-era-8.html)

Thanks to Kryptonite in the Laura VRS, I have a video of my lap around the race track with telemetry from the VBOX.

I wonder if the lateral Gs shown are accurate! :p I seem to be pulling 0.9g at one point of time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--e8DlQ3fV0

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 4100256)
Wow, Nikhil, bravo to run the car even after the fire incident! I for sure would have given up. Had the smoke/flame ignited on public road or highway, it would have been a closed call. If you have not invested in a good fire extinguisher, its about time.

I understand your point, but it is highly unlikely on public roads as I will not be flogging the car so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepfreak15 (Post 4100282)
It isn't enough your car spits flames through the exhaust..it now belches fire.You have a geniune fire breathing Japanese dragon clap:

Hehe. I wish I had videos of my car spitting flames. Maybe next time I'll install my GoPro in your car

Quote:

Originally Posted by balenopower (Post 4100825)
HAhahahahah, the Veyron comparo with the 'close enough' character got me rolling on the floor. Phenomenal track session and good save on that oversteer. Ill be at the track next week in a Polo GTI..hopefully will be as much fun.

The GTI should be much more fun. Given that it is stock, it will be much more reliable and that DSG will make things ridiculously fast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4100980)
Mission accomplished?? :D

You were able to belt the car on track and have done long highway runs too. Kudos to Blackworks and this just shows the reliability.

Never knew that turboed Civic with fire on hood transforms into Veyron :uncontrol

Well, mission will be accomplished only when the car logs significantly more kilometres with this setup. I know my car is living on borrowed time. Let's see how much I am able to push this car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkkkkaran (Post 4101829)
The other civic at the end is Bhuvan's car right?
You have a great build. Wishing you a few million miles more lol:

Yes, it's Bhuvan's car. That is going to be a whole new level of epic-ness. If it can pass a month of me beating on it, then it will be certified "Nikhil-proof"!

Some small updates:

1. Got a Dashcam and installed it. Blackworks and my friend Sunnyboi came up with a good solution. Installed a fuse splitter and created another cigarette lighter socket below the dashboard and plugged in the charger for the dashcam permanently there. So, every time I switch on the car, the dashcam starts up. The wire is conveniently hidden behind the trim panel along the A pillar and the roof.

2. Removed the BBS wheels from my car and installed the stock 15" wheels and 205/65-15 Bridgestone B250 tyres that I used last year on my Leh trip.

I wanted to give my car for a full paintjob and didnt want to give my precious BBS wheels with it. I also felt the BBS deserved some long overdue TLC.

The second bathroom in the ground floor of my house got converted into a wheel washing centre for 3 hours one evening! Used a toilet brush (dont worry, it was brand new!) to scrub the insides of the wheels. Months of grease, brake dust, moisture, occasional oil spills (while working on the car) had coated the insides of 2 wheels with a lot of gunk.

Washing the wheels myself also gave me a chance to inspect them closely and find out how badly they have been damaged over the past 18 months.

You can see for yourself below the damages.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7353.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7355.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7356.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7358.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7360.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7361.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7362.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7364.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7365.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7366.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7367.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7368.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7370.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7371.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7372.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7376.jpg

The entire set after round one of cleaning!

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7377.jpg
I'm quite satisfied with the wheels. It has seen a lot of driving (upwards of 50k kms in 18 months) and I'm ashamed to say, I have been hard on them unnecessarily. There have been multiple times I have missed a speedbreaker at highway speeds and taken off and landed hard. In spite of that, they seem to be in good shape.

I have made an extra effort while parking close to kerbs not to scratch the wheels and that has shown up.

3. Gave my car to Sai Colorium for a full paintjob.

As you can see in see in past pictures, my car was looking really bad. I had allowed various small scratches to accumulate (because I was planning to repaint the car in July, but due to the head failure, I had to postpone it). I normally dont leave my car liek this, but this time, the priority was on sorting out the mechanical stuff.

With the hood too burnt, it was definitely time. Bharath from Sai Colorium very helpfully arranged another hood from the gujri. It is in good shape but mildly dented at the front. He also offered a brand new hood but a Taiwan hood. I was not keen on compromising the OEM quality. The hood is a very important part of the structure of the car. It has strengthening ribs below which might prove critical.

So, a bit of mild denting can be taken care of but I dont want to compromise by getting a cheap hood.

Bharath understood my point and arranged for it.

I went there after returning Bhuvan's Civic's hood to it's rightful owner and installing a patched up hood on my Civic.

I also requested Bharath to change the windshield on the car as just a day prior to going to Sai Colorium, I was on the highway and a stone came in from nowhere and chipped the windshield. He got the insurance paperwork done in double quick time for me through New India.

Some pics of the work going on at Sai Colorium.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown14.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown13.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown12.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown11.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown9.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown10.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown8.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown7.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknown6.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-civic-paint-sai.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-unknownd12d4.jpg

Nothing much has happened in the past few weeks. My car got completely repainted at Sai Colorium. The wheels got properly cleaned and coated by our friendly neighbourhood Sunnyboi.

A full review of my experience at Sai Colorium is coming up but suffice to say that I'm not fully satisfied. I'm not angry or unhappy.

I went in for what Sai called a Scratch Resistant paint and unfortunately, the swirls caused during wet sanding were impossible to remove by polishing. Nirmal of Keystone Enterprises struggled a lot but finally gave up. I was left with a lot of swirls simply because the clear coat was too hard for the polisher. There are a lot of swirls on the bonnet, hood, rear quarterpanels.The hood specially was surprising as it was almost perfect a couple of days before I took delivery of the car. What they did afterwards ruined it. I am unable to understand what exactly happened.

Personally, I was very happy with the effort put in by Nirmal and Mr. Bharath and Mr. Ananth who own Sai were very nice to me and courteous all along. However, their quality of work has to improve. A lot of panels had to be painted 2 times to ensure a good finish and it still isnt perfect.

I still believe Sai Colorium is one of the best places in Bangalore to get a job done, but I was aiming for perfection and I didnt get it.

There was also a big horrible, ugly stain left on my dashboard which I am very upset with. Also a similar stain near the gear lever.

Nirmal has promised to sort out all these issues soon and I have utmost confidence that it will be dealt with... however, how am I going to be compensated for the extra time that my car will be away from me? My time is being taken for granted. I really wish Sai Colorium had better quality control and could do the job once perfectly instead of repeatedly painting panel after panel.

It is my faith in Nirmal, Ananth and Bharath that I still continue to patronise Sai Colorium. Sent my mom's i20 there yesterday and a friends ANHC for a full paintjob last week.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8162.jpg

The swirls present on repainted and completely polished panels.
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8374.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8378.jpg

Clearly, the painter isnt paying attention to the details. This is just nitpicking and I'm ok with this finish but not so much with the stuff above.
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8381.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8382.jpg

Spare wheel well also painted. Glad to see that done as many people would have just ignored it.
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8385.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8390.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8391.jpg\

The ugly interior stain on the dashboard.
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8395.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8400.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8401.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8402.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8403.jpg

Another ugly stain near the gear lever.
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8472.jpg

A big block of tar on the inside of the alloy wheel.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-concrete.jpg

The coating that was used on my wheels.
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-cquartz-wheels.jpg

The finished wheels. They look absolutely FANTASTIC! Thanks Sunnyboi!
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_2165.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_5792.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_7222.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8032.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_4869.jpg

Been on two long drives thanks to TBHP Quick meets and the car performed flawlessly. I wasnt easy on the car either. Trying to keep up with some super quick cars on the drive, I had to really push it!

Thanks Nikhil for posting the pics. I was advised by SAG to go to SAI when I planned my paintjob. Since it was kind of far away, went to Yousuf's garage in HSR (based on Vinay_Vtec's recommendation).
But overall detail on the paint was satisfactory. Only over time, paint chipped off at edges. With reference to your paint defects at the door beadings is clearly lack of paying attention. I was advised by another paint garage guy in Peenya not to go for ceramic or any hard clear coat due to the pain involved in finishing. The only way out is to use filler wax type coating to get a good finish.

After getting the car repainted, it was time to log some serious miles on the car.

However, before that, it was time to re-install the sexy BBS wheels on the car. I was waiting for something really special and it arrived a couple of days prior to this.

Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R in 205/55-16 91V. I absolutely love these tyres. I have used the previous generation of AD07s and my friends know how much I love these tyres. They are too expensive, too extreme, too noisy and too hard for normal use, but then this whole thread is evidence of me having lost my marbles anyway! When did I ever think or act logically when it comes to a mod-unfriendly car?

Got them installed on the 25th, Wednesday at around 1,65,800 kms.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8652.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8653.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8654.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8656.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8760.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8762.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8763.jpg

Went for a drive on the 26th of January with a friend and after about 200 kms or so, I felt the brakes letting go. Checked and realized that the brake pads had reached their EOL.

Before this moment (somewhere a little beyond Anantapur), the car was just BEEYYOOOTTIIFFOOOL! It was cornering on RAILS. Even at the highest speeds I could manage legally ;) .

The tyres and suspension working together create magic in your hands. The turbo also was on song and the cool early morning air was creating mega explosions inside the engine and overall, the entire drive was simply breathtaking. I’ve rarely enjoyed a drive so much. The car is quite analogue and the lovely steering feel just makes everything so much more pleasurable.

PS: For my love story with Neovas, check this out.... this is where it all began. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1085451

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1779985

Decided to take a U turn and proceed cautiously back to the city. Stopped a couple of times for some nice photos.

I know I *might* be a bit biased lol:, but I think my Civic is the sexiest looking car on Indian roads..... The design is absolutely timeless and the BBS wheels really improve on that sharp, clean design. It's hard to imagine that this design is more than 10 years old!

This is the main reason, I didnt go for any fancy bodykit or bright shiny colours during the paint job. My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8787.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8804.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8805.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8811.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8827.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8830.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8831.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8833.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-wyil8663.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-tzdz9366.jpg

A quick look at the tread design of the AD08Rs on the car.
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8834.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8837.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8855.jpg

Got back to the workshop and requested Chandru to install new rotors and new EBC Yellowstuff brake pads. Last time, we had only installed the brake pads and I was never fully happy. It felt wooden, the initial bite or sharpness was lacking and overall, I was just not happy. That set lasted just for 10k kms, but that 10,000 kms did include one track day of 100 kms.

Since we had another set of EBC pads lying around, I decided to give them a second chance.

I must say, with the new rotors and new pads and following EBC’s instructions for brake bedding in, the brakes now feel fantastic. Even at slow speeds, the pedal has that typical Honda bite to it. I’ve always loved the OEM brake feel and bite and now, it feels exactly like that but stronger.

On the 27th of January, I went in to Karlsson leather and got the entire interior of my car redone! It was long overdue for certain parts like the centre armrest and driver’s door armrest. The driver’s seat was also quite worn near the side bolsters. However, it felt like a shame throwing away the rest of the seat covers which were in very good shape, albeit a bit dirty.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8866.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8869.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8867.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8868.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8872.jpg

The seat itself was in pretty good shape. It has taken the abuse of 1,65,000 kms quite well.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8874.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8877.jpg

The car completely stripped out. Including the steering wheel.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8879.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8881.jpg

The finished steering wheel looks quite nice and feels very good to hold. But truth be told, I prefer the leather than Honda gave with the car.... It had a sort of perforated leather feel and somehow felt a lot sportier. However, it was worn quite badly and I decided to get it changed.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8887.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8888.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8890.jpg

I had mixed feelings on the black and beige combination, but in my opinion, that was the best possible option. My dad had tried to match an aftermarket Beige shade of leather to the OEM beige on the plastic trim and it didn’t look very good. It didn’t age well and I didn’t like it one bit.

The perfect option would have been to get the exact shade of beige that Honda used when it made the car, but in the aftermarket, it will be difficult to find.

Secondly, I never even looked at other options. Karlsson comes highly recommended by TBHP-ians and more importantly, my friends who I trusted. Bottle, MA5K, Robimahanta all swore by Karlsson and it’s owner Sajith. Having met Sajith at my store a few months back, I felt I would be comfortable with him as well.

I had spoken to him a week ago and fixed up the appointment. I chose the top of the line Nappa Leather in black with beige stitching. I was very demanding in that I didn’t want the shape or size of the seats to change. In my dad’s car, when the leather upholstery was changed, the entire shape and size of the seat changed as well and I was never truly comfortable in that car (PS: That wasn’t done at Karlssons). Sajith assured me that he will ensure the work is done to my satisfaction.

It was a pleasure talking to Sajith and listening to him explain the difference between Scandinavian Leather, Nappa and other grades of leather. He explained that the Scandinavian is also genuine leather but at a slightly more affordable price point.

I got a great deal for my car which I cant divulge here. He ensured that each and every bit of leather in the car was changed to new ones. The bit surrounding the gear knob, the steering wheel, the doorpads, etc were changed and I was very impressed with the quality of the leather and the quality of fitment. The shape and size of the seat didn’t change even a little bit. And the end result is quite nice in my opinion.

In an ideal world, I would change the beige trim pieces to black as well to have a perfectly matching interior or get the exact shade of beige Honda used!

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8904.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8906.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8907.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8909.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8910.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8912.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8915.jpg
My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8921.jpg

Very nicely put together log and equally good pics in the post above, Nikhil.

Suddenly I got reminded of these pics in my ownership thread. clap:

Same car combo too! :thumbs up

I guess this is now the perfect sleeper/Q car? Almost no show, except for the nice alloys and the "well maintained" interiors. And all the go, thanks to the turbo charged engine. It now just looks like a well maintained stock Civic. And most certainly doesn't go like one ;)

So, what's next with this car? Adding lightness?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 4138446)

I know I *might* be a bit biased lol:, but I think my Civic is the sexiest looking car on Indian roads..... The design is absolutely timeless and the BBS wheels really improve on that sharp, clean design.

Personally Nikhil, I also feel the exact same way and honestly think that Civic was arguably THE BEST LOOKING CAR that was available within 50 lakhs during its time, and to a large extent still is clap:

Its silhouette was so influential to me that it made me drool over the 2015 Elantra, coz of its uncanny resemblance to the Civic.

I am sure you have thought about this, but in case you have not, PLEASE get a boot spoiler to complete the 'Lambo Look' bro.

Quote:

The shape and size of the seat didn’t change even a little bit. And the end result is quite nice in my opinion.

I would go so far to say that this looks better than the OEM fitment.

With this, I have a strong feeling that your Turbo R18 is all set to clock another 1.6L Kms :D

Wish you a very happy and fuss free mile-munching.

Drive Safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace F355 (Post 4138469)
Very nicely put together log and equally good pics in the post above, Nikhil.

Suddenly I got reminded of these pics in my ownership thread. clap:

Same car combo too! :thumbs up

Thanks! Your car looked great too. Hope the new owner is taking good care of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha (Post 4138603)
I guess this is now the perfect sleeper/Q car? Almost no show, except for the nice alloys and the "well maintained" interiors. And all the go, thanks to the turbo charged engine. It now just looks like a well maintained stock Civic. And most certainly doesn't go like one ;)

So, what's next with this car? Adding lightness?

Absolutely. Perfect sleeper. If I switch to 15" wheels and tyres, it's a bone stock look but can put quite a few faster cars to shame. That's what I am enjoying the most. Cruising happily on the highway and then a jackass in a 320d or something driving like a maniac starts honking and flashing lights at me. I just downshift a couple of gears, put my foot hard down and I take off! Of course, he will eventually catch up but not easily! It's always fun to see their sheepish face when they do get past me!

Adding lightness? Well, yes. ME. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vik0728 (Post 4138641)
Personally Nikhil, I also feel the exact same way and honestly think that Civic was arguably THE BEST LOOKING CAR that was available within 50 lakhs during its time, and to a large extent still is clap:

Its silhouette was so influential to me that it made me drool over the 2015 Elantra, coz of its uncanny resemblance to the Civic.

I am sure you have thought about this, but in case you have not, PLEASE get a boot spoiler to complete the 'Lambo Look' bro.

I would go so far to say that this looks better than the OEM fitment.

With this, I have a strong feeling that your Turbo R18 is all set to clock another 1.6L Kms :D

Wish you a very happy and fuss free mile-munching.

Drive Safe.

Thanks Vik! Spoiler? I'm very iffy on that. A slightly wrong design can spoil the look of the car.... And it doesnt add anything in terms of actual performance. It's purely a cosmetic mod which I am not keen on.

I hope I can last another 1.6 lakhs :D That would absolutely a dream come true!

I made a quick timeline of this build.

Just to summarise how much driving has been done.

I do think this is probably the best used aftermarket Turbo car in India... I dont know of many cars who have logged this many kms in such a short period of time.

Turbo build started at 1,29,xxx kms.

OE clutch replaced with new OE clutch at 1,41,xxx kms.

Fake disco Potato replaced at 1,42,000 kms and car was delivered on 17th April Sunday. I returned from Chennai and picked up the car.

21st April: Day Trip to Hyderabad and back: 1208kms.

24th April to 1st May: BLR-Goa-Pune-BLR. 2268 kms.

13th May 2016: Coimbatore RRP Dyno Session @1,47,7xx kms.

26th May: Departed for Kanyakumari @1,48,961 kms. Crossed 1,50,000 kms on 27th May.

29th May 2016 returned to bangalore. Total: 1921kms and odo reading: 1,50,882 kms.

18th June 2016: Left for Mahabalipuram 1,51,600 kms - Chennai - and returned on 23rd June. Final reading: 1,52,625 kms. Distance: 1025 kms.

29th June: Brisk Racing spark plugs installed. Car feeling even better!

Head blew at 1,54,700 or so. July 17th 2016. Black day!

Car returned to me on August 28th.

Left to Europe in 1st week of September. Minimal running. Got Reveltronics screen in Germany.

1,56,561 on 28th September.

1,58,000 on 12th October.

Stainless steel bushings installed on lower arm on 26th October. Approximately 1,59,200 kms.

1,59,559 on 30th October.

1,60,000 kms on 1st November.

9th November new clutch installed. ACT clutch. Approximately same as 1st November… maybe a couple of hundred kms.

16th November drove to Chennai: Starting at 1,61,190 kms. Returned on 17th November. Approx: 700-800 kms.

18th November: Breakfast drive to Sai Sangeet Vaniyambadi with TBHP O’knighter gang and return. Approx 400 kms.

20th November: Trackday: 1,63,446 kms at the end of the track day back home.

16th December: Gave car to Sai Colorium for repainting. Around 1,64,7xx kms. Got car back on 13th January.

AD 08s installed at 1,65,800 or so.

New Brakes and rotors at 1,66,200

Right now, the reading is 1,67,xxx kms.

A total of 38,000 kms covered since we started this build.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 4139110)
Thanks! Your car looked great too. Hope the new owner is taking good care of it.

Actually if we are starting to talk about it... got to see my previous ride a couple of days back on road! Brought up a smile on my face... was like accidently bumping into an ex. lol.

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_5229.jpg

But I don't think new owner has been equally good to my Civic. I realized the rear of the car was unsually higher, may be he got desi lift kit for it! :Frustrati

Interiors looked dirty and he had one of those iPOP steering knobs! So the driving experience was ruined for sure. I was like sighhhhh... But then oh well, its his car now, he can do whatever he likes.

Went on a superb 900 kms drive to Food Pyramid on NH44 and back on Sunday.

With my Turbo Civic was a Stage 1 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI and a stock Cedia.

Just some pics from the drive.

The car performed flawlessly. I couldnt expect or demand more from the car given how much I've abused it. I completed a total of 1000 kms that day and a very small percentage of it was easy on the car.

We did get some nice sunrise pictures, but unfortunately my car was really dirty!

However, I can proudly claim that it is one of the best used aftermarket turbo cars in the country.

39,000 kms and counting now. 1,68,000 kms in total. :D

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_8516.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_0225.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_0269.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_0691.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_0772.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_1085.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_1121.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_1268.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_1390.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_1859.jpg

My Turbo R18 Honda Civic. EDIT: Not the end of an era...-img_2014.jpg