Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 11:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Solar-powered Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. EDIT: Unreliable & waste of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Great buy at that price. Hope it is waterproof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10ent View Post
Considering the product is being sold all over I'm guessing the sensors would be waterproof.
I can now confirm that the sensors are waterproof.

UAE received unexpected heavy showers in the beginning of this week. I drove my car at speeds of above 100 kmph and the sensors did not malfunction or show any error. It has been 3 days after that and the system is working without any glitch.

Next test - High pressure car wash!
Old 6th January 2016, 11:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Solar-powered Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. EDIT: Unreliable & waste of money

What about the battery in the sensors themselves? Button cells??
Old 6th January 2016, 13:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What about the battery in the sensors themselves? Button cells??
Yes. And hence can be replaced at any normal watch repair store.
Old 30th March 2016, 13:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

A quick update on the TPMS.

One of the sensor was leaking air. Initially I suspected that the tyre had a puncture, but later the sensor was found to be faulty.

I contacted the seller in AliExpress and he immediately dispatched a replacement sensor free of cost. Had to do a small procedure for the unit to "learn" the new sensor, which is accurately mentioned in the user manual. Took barely a minute.

Fixed the new sensor and the unit is working like a charm, as before.

A couple of observations -
  • The sensors readings are quite accurate
  • Sensors are waterproof
  • Solar panel on display works well, I have never had the need to connect the display with the power outlet, even during extended night driving
  • The locking mechanism is not very fool proof, the sensors can be removed with brute force
P.S.: The seller has increased the price of this unit from 88 USD to 109 USD. Seems like it is doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Yes. And hence can be replaced at any normal watch repair store.
Correction - No need to go anywhere to replace the battery. A tool is provided in the box which can be used to open the sensor and the battery can be changed ourselves.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th March 2016 at 13:06.
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
A quick update on the TPMS.

One of the sensor was leaking air. Initially I suspected that the tyre had a puncture, but later the sensor was found to be faulty.
Update -

Please avoid buying this TPMS system.

One of the sensors started leaking a few days back. Since all the other sensors were working fine, I thought it can be a one off case and gave the unit a benefit of doubt!

That sensor was replaced under warranty and now another sensor has started leaking air.

In short, this unit is not dependable at all.

I have burnt my hands with this and I request all members to buy a better unit from a more reputed manufacturer or go for the one with internal sensors. I will request the MODS to update the thread title so that all members are cautioned against this product.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks