Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2006, 13:26   #1
BHPian

Beige Interiors

we have bought our New Honda City GXi and are quie happy with the caqr except that the beige interiors of the car are turning black ( our rubber factory gives out lot of carbon, which sticks on our shoes ).

i need to know of the cleaning solutions for the beige interiors. the carpet below can be washed and i have also brought clear plastic mats but the sides are getting black while getting in and out of the car. what cleaning solutions and from where can i buy them in mumbai.

also i need to know where can i get good seat covers and if you could give some good suggestions for the seat covers, type, colour should i opt for ?

many thks in advance.

shubbhi
Old 20th September 2006, 15:35   #2
BHPian

contact 28888888 for car interior cleaners. get proffesionals to get it done
Old 21st September 2006, 17:37   #3
BHPian

thks dragster for the no but i will have to clean it up atleast twice a week, so professional help is out of question.

yes professional help for which solutions to choose would be pf grt help.

shubbhi
Old 21st September 2006, 18:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

tough call! Try spraying some scotchgaurd on the carpets etc. That should provide some sort of protection and make it easier to clean. Also put newspaper in the footwells when it goes to the factory. Thats for the prevention.

As far as cleaning, I'm sure Rudra will suggest some novel way !
Old 21st September 2006, 18:31   #5
Team-BHP Support

get those clear thick polytene sheets and cover the sides atleast, by inserting to the door show beadings that run around the sill and some under the console so that spillage doesn reach the carpet while maintaining the visual appeal of biege carpeting

u can actually go one step ahead and make the same cover the whole carpeted area but that will make the floor slippery, especially if you put additional mats

or go for one more layer of mats so that all the side areas are also covered up

cleaning, well vacum, use tooth brush and mild-detergant and again vaccum, if you have time, over every weekend and patience to go along, touch situation
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:27   #6
BHPian

Hi Manna,
There is not much that you can do about this..
Some suggestions which i used in my Merc and saved it for 3 years..
I took transparent PVC ( Sticker material sheets) which are pre-glued.. And cut long strips of the desired thickness and stuck them on the beading and the sides..
U can change these once in 1 month ..
Its the most fool proof way to protect the lower side and skid plate of beige interios cars...
Cheers
Old 22nd September 2006, 23:02   #7
BHPian

for seat covers try sec.17 vashi, there are plenty of accessory dealers there.
Old 23rd September 2006, 23:35   #8
BHPian

Shubbhi, The best way i see is what jaggu recommended, take mild detergent, or say, any car shampoo, or even a hair shampoo wud do! and ask ur driver/cleaner to run a cloth dipped in this soap solution and scrub the area that has been dirtied. and after that he can make em dry by scrubbing a dry cloth on them.

If not, u can plan to go for some dark colored thin carpet material, and get the entire flooring and side panels near the foot covered with this. Any car seatcover maker will do this up for u.

Regarding Car Seat Covers, plenty of choices from fabric to Art Leather to Real Leather from Stanley etc. all depends how much u wanna spend.
Old 25th September 2006, 12:01   #9
BHPian

thks all of u for suiggesting homely remedies for the cleaning problems.

i m going to the domestic airport for some work tommorow, can u suggest good accesories shop at milan subway for seat covers etc.

shubbhi
Old 25th September 2006, 14:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Shubbhi ,

Not much you can do. Get the car cleaned from inside by professionals.

After that, try keeping the footwear you use in your factory and the footwear when going/ coming home seperate. Also try and park the car away from the gate/places where carbon can fly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks