Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2016, 13:45   #16
BHPian

Re: My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors

Fantastic work! those seats look awesome. Very very premium!

I also liked the fact that you decided to go with black as the seat color. Beige seats are a pain to maintain. Sadly, most Indian cars come with beige seats, though I must say that there seems to be a slight change now with a few of the newer releases sporting black interiors.
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:39   #17
BHPian

Congratulations- Stupendous interiors indeed, as rightly pointed by most in this thread.

Quick questions: Does it come with a warranty? Also, how does one clean these premium interiors? I remember reading somewhere that it's fire-resistant as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd March 2016, 23:00   #18
BHPian

Great work PatchyBoy!
Your 5+ year old T-Jet looks smashing with those alacantara. Love the Alacantara in the armrest and handbrake! Is maintaining it difficult when compared to leather seat covers?
Tojo_GotBhp
Old 31st March 2016, 19:53   #19
BHPian

Wow, the Alcantara interiors really look so beautiful and classy! And that's wonderful work done by Ceralli as well. Congratulations on the interior facelift of your Linea
Though asking the same question as asked before in this thread, how much maintenance work do these command? Is it very difficult to maintain?
Old 7th January 2017, 12:41   #20
BHPian

guys I'm posting updates on my new pearl white jet.

a) I am a military aviator by profession and 24 months of my terra jet ownership and the 14500 kms have been thrilling. no problems so far.

b) experience with FASS has been satisfactory to good (future cars nasik to jaika motors nagpur), roger that and affirmative. my only suggestion to them has been to improve their spare inventory management.

c) driving the car on a black strip of tarmac vanishing into the distance is like riding a 12.7 mm slug and 98% of my drives are on open desolate highways for pleasure (I'm driven to work in a gypsy or i prefer my 9 mm RE that goes like a bullet. my other drive is an old and beloved 2001 ikon 1.6.)

d) i currently stay close to Nagpur and frequently drive to my parents in Bhilai.
the stretch of ah 46 from Nagpur to Bhilai is 240 kms of 4 lane and after Bhandara the road is empty with rolling hills and sweeping curves as it traverses the desolate and thickly forested regions of central india. IMO it is one of the best roads I've driven on in india and I've driven through most of the country. Roads like these are almost trips back in time with the bonus of the 4 lanes of modernity. my last trip in Feb was to Nagzira tiger reserve. the 4 days spent far (i mean really far) from the maddening crowd resulted in automotive nirvana and back to back leopard and tiger sightings. so much for being jet set.

e) I've done a complete transformation to my interiors. my jet is now all black inside and it feels so much more focussed than 'premium' (whatever that means in our country). I've blacked out the excess chrome too on the exterior with 3M vinyl. after 10500 kms i have finally junked the eagle nct5s for continental contimax 205/60 r16s which have really transformed the car and also replaced the stock air filter with a K&N panel job. i had also changed the stock speakers a year back (they were sheer crap) with polk audio db series speakers and have been happy since then.

sitting inside now feels like being in the bat mobile

next year after the warranty expires I'm going to Wolfmoto for that 140 horse trail.

im posting also the images of my first love, my 2001 ikon 1.6. she has done 110000 km and still runs without a hitch. ive have kept her the best i could and she has rewarded me in more ways than i can thank her. she thrills me in ways no one else can. at around 80000 kms i had given her a proper overhaul ie new tyres, shockers, clutch plate, engine decarbonisation, fuel pump, brake rotors and pads, a no of rubber components, new ice, a rosso corsa paint job, new glass headlamps, new upholstery and trims, draining and cleaning of all oils and fluids and underbody rubberised coating. i also did a i/e port polishing, complete custom catback stainless steel exhaust and a k&n filter job. she continues to run like a doosey.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-388244_272183432845485_1146986178_n.jpg  

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-398446_272182996178862_1621498066_n.jpg  

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-406556_272183202845508_376802987_n.jpg  

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-406811_272183712845457_1390529930_n.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th January 2017 at 15:01. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use the edit option when replying within 30mins. Thanks,
Air Cav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 13:39   #21
BHPian

guys I'm reposting as the photos did not get uploaded owing to their size.

a) I am a military aviator by profession and 24 months of my terra jet ownership and the 14500 kms have been thrilling. no problems so far.

b) experience with FASS has been satisfactory to good (future cars nasik to jaika motors nagpur), roger that and affirmative. my only suggestion to them has been to improve their spare inventory management.

c) driving the car on a black strip of tarmac vanishing into the distance is like riding a 12.7 mm slug and 98% of my drives are on open desolate highways for pleasure (I'm driven to work in a gypsy or i prefer my 9 mm RE that goes like a bullet. my other drive is an old and beloved 2001 ikon 1.6.)

d) i currently stay close to Nagpur and frequently drive to my parents in Bhilai.
the stretch of ah 46 from Nagpur to Bhilai is 240 kms of 4 lane and after Bhandara the road is empty with rolling hills and sweeping curves as it traverses the desolate and thickly forested regions of central india. IMO it is one of the best roads I've driven on in india and I've driven through most of the country. Roads like these are almost trips back in time with the bonus of the 4 lanes of modernity. my last trip in Feb was to Nagzira tiger reserve. the 4 days spent far (i mean really far) from the maddening crowd resulted in automotive nirvana and back to back leopard and tiger sightings. so much for being jet set.

e) I've done a complete transformation to my interiors. my jet is now all black inside and it feels so much more focussed than 'premium' (whatever that means in our country). I've blacked out the excess chrome too on the exterior with 3M vinyl. after 10500 kms i have finally junked the eagle nct5s for continental contimax 205/60 r16s which have really transformed the car and also replaced the stock air filter with a K&N panel job. i had also changed the stock speakers a year back (they were sheer crap) with polk audio db series speakers and have been happy since then.

sitting inside now feels like being in the bat mobile

next year after the warranty expires I'm going to Wolfmoto for that 140 horse trail.

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-img_0729min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-img_0734min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-img_0765min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-img_0894min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0004min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0006min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0009min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0014min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0015min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0019min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0020min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0021min3.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0022min.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-t4.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-t5.jpg

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-t7.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th January 2017 at 15:00. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use the edit option when replying within 30mins. Thanks,
Old 7th January 2017, 18:46   #22
BHPian

Here is a juicy little detail. My wife has been driving the Ikon for the last 2 years.
Last year in november it completed 15 years, so even though I have never wanted to part with it i was toying around with the idea of disposing it off.
To my surprise wifey firmly put her foot down that she would have no other car in her garage except the Ikon unless of course I bought her a brand new Ikon 1.6 which she knew would require me to buy a time machine first.
She was emphatic. "I dont want any other dull tin can." She roared "you should not have given me the Ikon. Now I have been spoilt." It was indeed a performance . I even bought a brand new Chevvy beat LT. She drove it and said "I like it but the Ikon stays as long as it can."
So now I have manged to re register it for the next 5 years and it took me quite some effort to transfer the vehicle from Karnataka to Maharashtra and renew the registration thanks to some sarkari contacts. But each time I look at and drive the 1.6 I am happy I did it and I thank my wife for pushing me to it. She just smiles. The Chevvy I have gifted to my dad as his car was getting long in the tooth and even though he did not want to part with his old drive now he is happy. All is well that ends well I guess with my son handing over the chevvy keys to his granddad on a surprise visit home. Buying the Beat is another chapter altogether.
Attached Thumbnails
My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0039_2.jpg  

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0040.jpg  

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0043.jpg  

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0045.jpg  

My Fiat Linea T-Jet gets Alcantara & Leather interiors-dsc_0049.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks