Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 19th August 2017, 21:45   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Review: Osram LED Ambient Lighting Kit

I had planned for interior lighting in my Manza, so I had gone through the e-tail sites which showed all sorts of LED tubes, neon etc. But my requirement was only for lighting the 4 footwells in side the cars.

So I got it made out of small 3 bulb LED strips connected to the door open indicator so that they light up when I open the door and turn off on closing. The LED strips are fixed by 3M double sided tape to the underside of the dashboard in the front and under the front seats for rear lighting. They give off a bluish white light ....looks nice at night.

The job was done at my local car decoration shop. Cost me about Rs 400/- for the whole job as far as I remember.

This is the type I bought....

http://www.amazon.in/strips-Waterpro...YC2EQ0KZPKM7MA
TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2018, 18:23   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Review: Osram LED Ambient Lighting Kit

I have this installed in two of my cars, plug and play into the 12v socket. took 10 mins to install and works very well. Even being a Chinese product, it is still functional 2 years on!
You won't be disappointed, here is the product link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pcs...16891.101496.0

There are 4 led strips, for the 4 footwells. I have put the front two footwell strips and then a third in the centre console of my Honda Jazz. Thus illuminating the cup holders, gear console and handbrake. The 4th led strip is centrally installed in between the rear seats illuminating the entire rear footwell. Cost Rs800 when I bought it, seems like it's cheaper now.

Last edited by lemedico : 8th July 2018 at 18:27. Reason: added another sentence
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote