Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2017, 21:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Review: Osram LED Ambient Lighting Kit

I had planned for interior lighting in my Manza, so I had gone through the e-tail sites which showed all sorts of LED tubes, neon etc. But my requirement was only for lighting the 4 footwells in side the cars.

So I got it made out of small 3 bulb LED strips connected to the door open indicator so that they light up when I open the door and turn off on closing. The LED strips are fixed by 3M double sided tape to the underside of the dashboard in the front and under the front seats for rear lighting. They give off a bluish white light ....looks nice at night.

The job was done at my local car decoration shop. Cost me about Rs 400/- for the whole job as far as I remember.

This is the type I bought....

http://www.amazon.in/strips-Waterpro...YC2EQ0KZPKM7MA
TheStranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 18:23   #17
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I have this installed in two of my cars, plug and play into the 12v socket. took 10 mins to install and works very well. Even being a Chinese product, it is still functional 2 years on!
You won't be disappointed, here is the product link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pcs...16891.101496.0

There are 4 led strips, for the 4 footwells. I have put the front two footwell strips and then a third in the centre console of my Honda Jazz. Thus illuminating the cup holders, gear console and handbrake. The 4th led strip is centrally installed in between the rear seats illuminating the entire rear footwell. Cost Rs800 when I bought it, seems like it's cheaper now.

Last edited by lemedico : 8th July 2018 at 18:27. Reason: added another sentence
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 20:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I have this installed in two of my cars, plug and play into the 12v socket. took 10 mins to install and works very well. Even being a Chinese product, it is still functional 2 years on!
You won't be disappointed, here is the product link:
Is it always ON? I am planning to buy the USB version, as I already have a twin USB which acts as bluetooth FM receiver, so have to use it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298...AbTest=ae803_4

I am just curious, is there any off button or are they all day ON?

Last edited by ani_meher : 29th June 2019 at 20:29.
Old 30th June 2019, 17:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hi friends. I have Hyundai i20 (old gen 2012). Recently I went for a test drive of Innova Crysta and I fell in love with the ambient lighting on the headliner. Is it possible to source and fit it on my i20 headliner?

It is. I had done the same for my Chevrolet Beat. Ofcourse my method may not be the most inspiring. I fixed a LED strip light between the roof and headliner and then had a small section cut out in a straight line.

It did the job but looked ugly. The headliner was to replaced anyways so I took the risk.

Also, I found the light to be a little distracting when driving at night.
Old 1st July 2019, 18:39   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is it always ON? I am planning to buy the USB version, as I already have a twin USB which acts as bluetooth FM receiver, so have to use it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298...AbTest=ae803_4

I am just curious, is there any off button or are they all day ON?
yes, there is an on/off physical button on the bit that is put into the 12v socket and an on/off control on the remote as well
Old 27th October 2023, 13:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. Any recent experiences on this? Are they available locally now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks