Team-BHP - Your favourite number-plate font
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Your favourite number-plate font (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/181242-your-favourite-number-plate-font-7.html)

With Official plates with official fonts is not the whole discussion becoming academic. You get what you get. I do not think there is any choice of the font. In nay case in my Ulta Pradesh the 'official' plates are somewhere in the future.

I'm planning to go on another path. I plan to install metal embossed license plates with the JDM Japanese font on my car and my bike. Fortunately, my vehicles are not HSRP fitted, so I can experiment with them till the compulsory HSRP fitting law comes in place.

Does anyone based in Pune know a dealer (Preferably around Wanowrie, NIBM-Kondhwa or Camp) who can help with this?

Changed the number plates to this. This is from Orbiz - they offer top quality plates.

Your favourite number-plate font-dsc090261.jpg

DC font was my favourite one.

Polo GT TDI

Your favourite number-plate font-9559d9de76c5469b9ae9ef391fb14394.jpeg

Grey foil had been wrapped on the surface of adhesive sheet to bring down the white tone followed by slapping of DC font.

I don't know how this dude is running it (taxi???), but black plates look totally bad ass :thumbs up. I hated it when the government moved private cars over to white plates.

Your favourite number-plate font-20210328-12.51.19.jpg

Agree with SG IIT that this discussion is mostly academic with the new regulation plates coming into the picture. Ideally this thread should be closed because if the law mandates a fixed plate then we should no longer be discussing what other plates work best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 5032624)
I don't know how this dude is running it (taxi???), but black plates look totally bad ass :thumbs up.

It’s registered as a rental clearly. Although I am surprised how a rental car is sporting a (presumably) paid for 7777 plate. Unless a private user has taken this as a full time private ride using a rental agency through a specific leasing structure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 5032735)
It’s registered as a rental clearly. Although I am surprised how a rental car is sporting a (presumably) paid for 7777 plate. Unless a private user has taken this as a full time private ride using a rental agency through a specific leasing structure.

Might belong to a fancy hotel. Lot of hotels here in Chennai flaunt fancy numbers. Car numbers might have been added on to the star ratings of the hotel over the years :D
We deal with a lot of car rental agencies. According to them, these hotels sometimes make requests for some specific numbers which they oblige to if they are blocked in for a long term contract.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 4677576)
Changed the number plates to this. This is from Orbiz - they offer top quality plates.

Attachment 1924571

This looks neat, just one question how are these bolted on as they seem like they are stuck in place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblackshark (Post 5033495)
This looks neat, just one question how are these bolted on as they seem like they are stuck in place.

Thanks. This is fixed using 3M double sided adhesive tape. It won't get dislodged with time. The number plates in my other car serves as proof, they were fixed a decade ago!

Extremely frustrated with Bangalore Traffic police!

I have had a tastefully done, but clean pair of number plates for both my cars, white plates, with clear legible numbers! Sourced from Orbiz.

However, in the last one month, I was frequently flagged for Number plate deviation. I refused to budge, but just in the last 1 week I have been stopped by the traffic police more than 6-7 times and threatened with heavy fines. My argument was that the number plate I had was clearly legal. But the traffic cops had something to say about my font size being raised and a bit narrow and hence its illegal! Believe me, my font was not anything fancy at all! When I argued that the number plates which most cars use with a distinct blue colour rectangle in the corner, the traffic cops just refused to listen.

I finally gave up and tried to source the Government approved HSRP plates, but to my surprise most folks I contacted stated that you can get these only for new cars. So ended up getting the regular IND font, but no IND wording and neither the hologram. Now each time I look back at my car after parking, the new number plate feels like an eyesore!

Absolutely love this Lamborghini's number-plate font & style :thumbs up

Your favourite number-plate font-img7121.jpg