Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2006, 10:15   #1
BHPian

Shift - Light Tachometer for Alto

I am planning to put a Shift - Light tachometer for my Alto Lxi. Would be great if you guys can help me with my queries.

1. Can it be fixed?
2. Type of Tacho that will go well with Alto..
3. Does it work as good as Alto Vxi one?
4. Cost factor
5. What does it take to fix? wiring etc etc
6. Place to fix it in Bangalore.
7. Does the tachometer need to be a 3 cylinder compatible or any specification will do? Some Gyan needed.
8. If i get the tacho from US, can it be fixed here?

Thanks!

Last edited by dsinz : 17th October 2006 at 10:29.
Old 17th October 2006, 11:37   #2
BHPian

dsinz,

1. Can it be fixed? Yes it can

2. Type of Tacho that will go well with Alto.. Depends on your taste, really, shouldn't be too big IMHO,

3. Does it work as good as Alto Vxi one? depends on the quality, brand, fitting etc.

4. Cost factor. I believe prices befin at roughly 2.5 k. I have no concrete idea though

5. What does it take to fix? wiring etc etc Usually all the required wiring etc. is included in the packaging along with installation instructions

6. Place to fix it in Bangalore.I'm from Mumbai, so no idea, someone else will come along and shed some light on this, I'm sure

7. Does the tachometer need to be a 3 cylinder compatible or any specification will do? Some Gyan needed.Yeah, the tachometer will have to be 3 cylinder compatible, the one I have fitted on my Zen has a slider switch at the back to choose between 4, 6 or 8 cylinders.

8. If i get the tacho from US, can it be fixed here?Yes, I got my tachometer in the U.S , actually my dad bought it for me !!

Installation was done by my regular mechanic, he did a pretty neat job, took a little under an hour.

Suhail

Last edited by swale84 : 17th October 2006 at 11:44.
Old 2nd December 2007, 17:34   #3
BHPian

where can i find one in Mumbai.. i have a new ALto LXi and am looking to install one.
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:20   #4
BHPian

well I guess my query has missed peoples eyes... its been a month now since i've asked.
Old 8th January 2008, 19:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd08 View Post
where can i find one in Mumbai.. i have a new ALto LXi and am looking to install one.
hello
yes can be done is ur engine a 3 cyl or 4 cyl as the tacho for 3 and 4 is different
Old 27th June 2008, 15:25   #6
BHPian

Suggestion on fitting tacho with shift indicators

I am planning to fit a tacho with shift light indicator. But I am not sure what are the pros and cons. Any issues with calibration. I was looking on amazon for few. But I am not sure whether it will fit in Baleno or not. Also what are the hassles of fitting one. Can it be a DIY task? It would be great if anyone can suggest. Here are some links of the tachos I was looking at.

Amazon.com: Black Digital Tachometer & Blue LED Shift Light: Automotive

Amazon.com: Proform 67005C Adjustable RPM Shift Light: Automotive

Amazon.com: Silver Digital Tachometer w/ Red LED Shift Light: Automotive

Note from mod: threads merged, please use search function before starting new threads

Last edited by tsk1979 : 27th June 2008 at 15:44.
Old 27th June 2008, 16:05   #7
BHPian

@Swale84: Can you tell me the make and model of your tacho? Also if you have some pics then it would b great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks