Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2004, 15:57   #1
Vin
BHPian

Hey fellas, planning to buy a new gypsy, gotta have an ac so going in for a hard top, will use it an upcoming village in MP so offroading and on roading both will be there,

any sugestions on mods to it soon after purchase,
was planning to change the tyres first,

suggestions suggestions .........
Old 8th June 2004, 18:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

u bet tyres put bridgestone radials.. first thing when i got my gypsy.. hard top u can go in for ac, if u r not carrying much load remove one leaf from the rear spring set or put a sack of sand lol.. u want power go for a header, free flow n filters.. lol.. u want mileage put LPG
Old 8th June 2004, 19:29   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey, Congrats on your soon-to-be Gypsy!

Depending on your budget, you must eventually go for all of the following mods:

1. Aggressive looking alloys with meaty rubber. I have Michelins in my CJ, and they provide outstanding performance - on the road and off it.

2. Fogs - Look amazing in a Gypsy. Plus purposeful if you go off-roading and blow a headlight fuse. I still cant find the perfect place for fogs on my Classic.

3. Better seats - A Gypsy needs these badly. The ride quality is terrible, and the thin seats only make it worse. Get the seats done up with good padding at a local seat guy.

4. Chrome step-bar - What you use to step into the vehicle. Throw the standard one away, and get a pair custom built.

5. Better steering - Look aftermarket, but get something that does not get too slippery with your sweaty palms while off-roading.

6. Audio set-up - Luckily security is not a concern for you with the hard-top. Go for a sub and amp combo.

7. Extra gas tank - External kind, hinged on to the rear tailgate. Looks great, and provides function when off-roading in the middle of nowhere.

8. RPM Gauge - With that 1.3 MPFi engine, you need it bad.

9. High capacity tow-hook. You can find pro's who will do the install professionally.

10. A Pack of Marlboros - Just kidding

Dude, the list for modding a Gypsy or a Mahindra can just go on and on...its a never-ending process. I have eventually got like 50 mods in my Jeep compared to a regular Classic.

Personalisation is everything.

GTO
Old 8th June 2004, 19:43   #4
BHPian

hi,
please checkout the site www.zukiworld.com for some of the mods for suzuki samurai nee gypsy.
Old 10th June 2004, 01:19   #5
Vin
BHPian

thanks a ton guys ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks