Team-BHP - Possible to move driver's seat even more behind than stock?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Possible to move driver's seat even more behind than stock? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/18402-possible-move-drivers-seat-even-more-behind-than-stock.html)

Dear all,
I have been following Team BHP for sometime but this is my first post. I must admit that this is a great site where people have great knowledge about cars.... I have learnt a lot by following various threads.

I am planning to buy a new Scorpio but when I drove it I found leg room in drivers seat cramped... I am a 6'2" tall guy so need good leg room. I have been driving Indigo for sometime which has great leg room for a guy of my height.
My question is that can I get some modification done to the Scorpio driver seat to shift the seat further behind to get more leg room?
If yes then can you guide me to someone who can do it for me in Bangalore? How much should it cost?

Also if anyone has any idea if the new 2.2L Scorpio will have more design changes inside and more spacious or is it the same body with a new engine?

Thanks for your help...

I hope its just the engine change and none other, I have just booked my Scorpio.... and cant wait till next year.

Armyman, taking the driver seat back is possible! u just need the right person to do it. If u were in hyd, i would have got it done for u in a days time. but u in bangalore. I had taken back the centre row seats a good 1 feet back, so gave me almost 1.5-2 feet of legspace, lot more than the safari too! similarly the front seat adjustment is also possible. go to mechanic, and he might be able to suggest u more on it.

Hi,
I had the same problem when i bought the scorpio crde as i am also 6'3".
I went to a liner and rewelded the front seat in the slider a couple of inches back!
this will give you enough leg room ,but the rear seat passenger if your going to have one, will get cramped,mind it!

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a place to get this done in Bangalore?

i am 6.2 and i have been driving cramped for the past 6 months with a lancer, holy! you dont want to know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR (Post 316594)
Hi,
I had the same problem when i bought the scorpio crde as i am also 6'3".
I went to a liner and rewelded the front seat in the slider a couple of inches back!
this will give you enough leg room ,but the rear seat passenger if your going to have one, will get cramped,mind it!

I know for sure you are not enjoying each drive, I am 6'2". I do not have this problem in mHawk 2009, which has much leg space. For the same reason I waited for 4+ years to get my own. (Still the right arm space is bit cramped).

If you happen to come to Coimbatore, visit, Koyas - Upholstery Works and Car Accessories they have good infrastructure. Give a call, explain it, and almost they should be able to help you.

Scorpio is extremely cramped for the driver & co-passenger. I did not buy a Scorpio because of this problem.
Some of my friends have gone in for modifications by removing the last row seats, moving the 2nd row back by some distance & drivers seat by a few inches. This has helped the legroom in both front & middle rows but grabbing the gear & steering is a stretch now.

@AWD: I think it depends on your height and girth. If you are 6 or below with a normal BWI Index, I think it is fine. If you are a American Football player, it will be a living hell in the Scorpio :-).

Hi all,

I just got my 3rd row seat foam trimmed by 3 inches in my 2004 Scorpio.

Our legs feel far more comfortable after this trimming! This is because our leg calves, which were earlier restrained by the seat length, have some free space now.
Got this done by the same guy who changed my 3rd row seat from side facing to front facing. He's a chap in Frazer Town who does anything concerning seats.

Charges for the seat foam trimming and refixing covers : Rs. Two hundred.

Here are a few pics.

The first pic is the one before the seat foam trimming.
The next shot is after the trim.
The last shot shows the foam piece that was removed.

Possible to move driver's seat even more behind than stock?-img_1349.jpg

Possible to move driver's seat even more behind than stock?-img_1364.jpg

Possible to move driver's seat even more behind than stock?-img_1366.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWD (Post 1652262)
Scorpio is extremely cramped for the driver & co-passenger. I did not buy a Scorpio because of this problem.

Driven the Scorpio a few times and never had a problem with it being cramped. I am 6ft 4" so I guess you might be a bit taller than me.

Mooza,

Good to see that mod. With the limited space in the 3rd row do stop regularly during long drives if you have adults in the back, so they can stretch their legs and get their calf muscles pumping (good for cardio-vascular system).

Thanks bigman. I am planning on a couple of long drives (8 to 10 hours) next month, hence this mod. Will stop a couple of times on the way for "chai/pani/khana", during which I'll ask the backseaters to stretch a bit. Also, we'll try to rotate them to the other rows, if that's acceptable by consensus, so that all get the "privilege" of sitting at the far end :D

Hey, just a quick check if the middle seat row in the SCORP can be modified to slide even further towards the front seats and the backrest tilted full back to the level of the third-row to make a flatbed of sorts ?

Plan to take some long drives (@round bangalore) and this could be helpful in putting the 2 kids (aged 7 & 2) to lie / sleep, either directly or with a mattress.

Anyone knows if this can be done anywhere in Bangalore ?

Hope it should not affect the warranty.

Also, the driver's seat, can it be replaced for something more comfortable for long drives ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaKo (Post 1817489)
Plan to take some long drives (@round bangalore) and this could be helpful in putting the 2 kids (aged 7 & 2) to lie / sleep, either directly or with a mattress.

Don't, it could prove fatal for your kids. Even a small shunt will throw them around in an unpredictable manner. It's best for them to sit buckled up (with younger one in a proper child seat).

:thumbs up Thanks Mooza.
Can you please let me know the address of this chap in Frazzer town? Please PM me if you can or post it here.

I have a Scorpio Turbo (2004). When we bought it as new, we opted for the art leather seats. Now, the seats seems hard as its been almost 8 years. I am looking to add some cushioning to make it more fluffier. Is that possible?

Thanks in Advance.