Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2004, 11:44   #16
Tom
BHPian

infant seat will fit perfectly....worst case scenario you may have to adjust he front seat a bit to ensure a perfect fit. Thats a good buy.
Old 2nd July 2004, 16:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (bugaboo @ July 02 2004,09:44)]What about speakers... what size? Are front (door) speakers of a different size than the rear ones? Is there a universal size for the rear speakers' opening/housing?
Hey BB,

I dont think it makes sense to lug back speakers when you can get a good set here.

Sizes of speakers also depends on which car you finally decide upon. If you are looking for a setup without extra amps and subs etc, it makes sense to have the 6"x9" speakers at the rear, and fit the largest possible components in the front.
Sometimes 6x9's dont fit in the provided rear speaker housing/hole, but a simple bit of rehsaping the speakertray takes care of that and is the standard procedure, so dont worry about it at all.

cheers
R
Old 6th July 2004, 16:46   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (bugaboo @ July 02 2004,09:56)]One more question...

If my wife needs to take my daughter in the car, I'd rather have my daughter sit securely in one place. So, is it worth bringing an infant car seat from the US? Will they fit in mid-sized cars like esteem, ikon, city etc?

Thanks again.

BB.
1. if you need help with car stereo in the US go to crutchfield.com. they will even suggest you models that can tune to even number FM stations. in the US FCC dictates 0.4Mhz seperation below 100MHz and 0.8Mhz seperation above 100Mhz.
2. some older model cars incl the ikon do not have rear seat belts so make sure you buy a car that does.

v got a graco and a britax. may i suggest the britax marathon (they make a special model for compact cars). it fits well. very well. in my wife's opel sail.

my suggestion would be the Esteem AT then upgrade to the City CVT when you are more confident. After using the larger US models the Hyundai will feel way too small.

BTW when i moved back after 11 years it did not take more than a week or so to adjust. So dont sweat this.
Old 6th July 2004, 16:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

remember the indian car alternator has enough load already so what i'd sugest is:
head unit, changer, 4/5 channel amp, 4" or 5" component speakers for the front, 6" component speakers for the rear, and a 10 or 12" sub or Bazooka (if you are getting a 4 channel amp).

In my days Alpine, MB Quart and Linear Power were what you got. I have not kept in touch with the new models.

BTW my Alpine 7385 (circa 1987) still runs fine.

Also Blaupunkt's Velocity series of speakers is quite good and available locally so if you are fearfull of not have speakers that fit you could just get the head unit and power amp.

besides if the speakers get knocked around and their basket voice-coil get damaged in transit you'll most probably loose the speakers (atleast you wont be able to restore them to their original specs). There is less of a chance of this happening with electronics.

So get the speakers only if you are looking at something exotic like Vifa, Focal, etc.
Old 6th July 2004, 22:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm....getting stereo from US, well, i think that u'll have to be careful here, maybe the Customs Dept. may charge u like crazy...i would say it would better to purchase one in India itself...but then, i'm no expert...what say guys??
Old 6th July 2004, 22:44   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Hmmm....getting stereo from US, well, i think that u'll have to be careful here, maybe the Customs Dept. may charge u like crazy...
The CD Player in my Jeep is actually "outsourced" from the Accord I used to drive in Boston. No issues at all with radio, wiring or customs.

GTO
Old 7th July 2004, 06:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

I believe customs lets you bring in Rs 12,000/- worth of stuff for personal use.
I personally have never had an issue with them.

R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks