Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2006, 22:12   #1
BANNED

dash lights ? ? ?

i want to know if we can change the existing lights that are behind the dash. my car is in the paint as of now so i want to change from the current dull green to electric blue. can anyone tell me what leds are used for the same ???
Old 30th October 2006, 22:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very simple dear Watson, only those LEDs that emit electric blue light...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
i want to know if we can change the existing lights that are behind the dash. my car is in the paint as of now so i want to change from the current dull green to electric blue. can anyone tell me what leds are used for the same ???
Old 30th October 2006, 22:24   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i think a thread does exist on the same topic and no conclusive answer was found.the leds that you need are not available in different colours and to change the colour of the light you also have to remove the instrument cluster,remove the reflective paint on the dials .
Old 30th October 2006, 22:30   #4
BANNED

i just want to change the leds whats it got to do with dials. on the net there are people who have done it. though problem is maruti zen is not what its called globally so its bugging to find stuff for it. also hellspawn how did u do ur grille i want to do the same.
Old 30th October 2006, 23:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

pm viper...he should know wht to do...or else drive down to moto world in bandra on carter road near crepp station..he might have led u want to change.
Old 30th October 2006, 23:51   #6

Quote:
i just want to change the leds whats it got to do with dials. on the net there are people who have done it. though problem is maruti zen is not what its called globally so its bugging to find stuff for it. also hellspawn how did u do ur grille i want to do the same.
oh my bad i thought you were talkin about the instrument cluster..
got an aluminium mesh grill from a hardware store,cut it to size and glued it with feviquick and sand.

Last edited by hellspawn : 30th October 2006 at 23:57.
Old 31st October 2006, 01:50   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
oh my bad i thought you were talkin about the instrument cluster..
got an aluminium mesh grill from a hardware store,cut it to size and glued it with feviquick and sand.

thanks did u cut the original grille ? ? ?
Old 31st October 2006, 13:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Memo and me are working on it...

Last edited by normally_crazy : 31st October 2006 at 13:47.
Old 31st October 2006, 14:48   #9

Quote:
thanks did u cut the original grille ? ? ?
the original grill is bolted to the plastic frame.just unscrew these nuts and the grill comes off.to get a flush fitting with the msh grill,you have to cut the grill in a size bigger than the original one since you will be bending the edges to glue them.the screws will come in the way but yo have to cut the grill accordingly.
Old 31st October 2006, 21:49   #10
BANNED

ok thanks hellspawn. viper what are u workin on again ? any updates with dash lights ?
Old 1st November 2006, 02:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Regarding this i went to this accessories shop.. from where i buy most of the stuff.. He keeps all indian and imported stuff(genuine) personally travels abroad to buy extra fittings...
I saw these dash lights with him and remembered this thread.. They are a direct fit for a Lancer.. White face plate with numbers wirtten in blue.. Blue LED lights which are controlled by a small remote which can be attached anywhere you like... The lights can be dimmed/ brightened to 3 stages..depending on the mood you are in... Costs a whopping 12 Grand...

Complete set for dashboard and speedometer.

Let me know if you need more Info.

Godfather
Old 1st November 2006, 12:28   #12
BHPian

Regarding changing the Speedometer Console lights, there is either a normal Bulb, or LED's. IF bulbs, can easily get them around, or can have them painted to ur choice of color, but have to see how long the paint lasts on them. Where LED's are in question, its a simple thing if u can reach to the LED bulbs safely. If u can, then its just a matter of replacing the LEDs with a new ones of a different color. They are locally available in small electronic shops or with these electronic device repairers, they will even fix it for u if u can remove the speedometer gauge and give it to them. or can fix it in teh car if its too much a hassle.

Search on the net for more info on the LEDs if u want to import them from somewhere else of some special type.

For ppl who own Hyundai's in india and want to replace their existing Gauges with different ones which are more sportier and alll check this out:

http://www.vtechware.com/interior.htm

A firm based in Singapore who sells these stuff. I can vouch for their excellent service.
Old 1st November 2006, 13:05   #13
BANNED

all i want to do is change the green stock backlights with blue ones. want to keep the dials as well. after the mod it should look like the ones in elantra gls model. black dials and electric blue backlight looks neat i feel. how difficult can it be for a zen ? ? ?
Old 2nd November 2006, 00:54   #14

its difficult to find those led's ....searched a lot didnt find one in blue.
Old 2nd November 2006, 11:46   #15
BHPian

Hey dude is it something like this wat you are talking bout??
Well this is installed in my Honda City, with these dial is have the options to keep it blue or green, and theres a small roller button where i can cange the color or increase or decrease the brightness of the light. Check it out..

Pic quality isint that clear.. looks better in real..

Cheers,
Ollie..

Last edited by ollie : 2nd November 2006 at 11:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks