Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2004, 20:09   #1
BHPian

Here is da pic of my shiny new Ferrari Red (ok Im stretching a bit) Zen Vxi with da tach on A-Pillar.. I will get some more pics...Wait till sat/Sun...

How'z it got it for 800 (750 for the tach+50 Installation charge)

So if u see this car----

Please be understanding if i cut you off in ur lane... Riding bikes for 2 years in Chennai does that to you.... Moreover I'm lil outta touch with cars..(I have the crawling traffic in chennai where u are the God if u are on the bike...an accent GLS is a horrible car to drive in chennai, u get a sensation of navigating titanic through a canal, slow and out of space). Over all this i have not driven a small car before (Except when i was in driving school where we learned on 800),
Old 11th August 2004, 20:39   #2
BANNED

hey that is kewl. where did u get a tach for 750 Rs ? Even I want one .... Is it an indian make or is it imported ?
Old 11th August 2004, 21:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

nice pics,
but seems like u getting a lless mileage.from wat ur fuel gauge shows ,u have abt 12 litres approximately remaining.so u have u have travelled 204kms in about 25 liters ,which is very less for a zen .
Old 12th August 2004, 01:57   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (khaadu75 @ Aug. 11 2004,19:09)]hey that is kewl. where did u get a tach for 750 Rs ? Even I want one .... *Is it an indian make or is it imported ?
I remember Pricol selling a 4cyl tach for Rs 800/- asking price at opera house a few years ago.
Im sure there are a lot more makes available now.

cheers
R
Old 12th August 2004, 02:52   #5
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I have a WagonR Lxi.. and I don't have a tach in. I really would like one but... but I would be only interested in the electronic one that comes with the Vxi.
So I asked the dealer about changing the whole of the speedo panel to the white Vxi one.
The guy says, to tap the rpm they'll have to open the engine deep!... so it is not recommended to get one..... ***... lol
and the next moment the same person is showing me the statistics of the engine through their palmtop like computer.... and it was showing rpm there...(and didn't even have to open the hood for it)

So then i dropped the idea... to get tach .. (because wagonR doesn't have a distributor ignition...lol)
Old 12th August 2004, 10:41   #6
BHPian

Well Wagon R and other cars that have tacho in one of their trim should have a Tach Port on their ECU. so u should check that aspect.... Ask the local mechanics (@ Andheri and Sion 'n' all ) as they would have done it...
Ok this imported!, from tiwan( LOL... but its written 'Made In Tiwan'.:6laughs: )
Its Electronic Tacho..
Its got MUCH faster response than factory fitted tacho. (@least faster than esteem,accent,Alto,wagonR and my very own pulsar:cheer: ).

Well milege issue... Its b'coz its done only 268Kms (milege will improve eventually) and becoz during delivery time we put only 25Liters.(+1 from Dealer)
so if u said is true (that is 12Ltrs) then consumption is 204/(26-12) = 14Kmpl...
Not bad for a rookie...

Ok more about this tacho.. If any of u guys have 6-8 Cyl engines, u can still connect this thing (So if u have Sonata V6 or Mercs u can still use it, though i see no reason how on earth would you be convinced to put a 750 bucks cheapo stuff on those premium cars). Its got a cyl Selector for 4-6-8 Cyl.

anyways daytime pics commin soon...

Old 12th August 2004, 12:11   #7
SLK
Senior - BHPian

So is Zen's Speedo and ODO Electronic?....
that is... if u turn the engine off while doing some speed the speedo shows "0".... and while reversing the car the milage doesn't go down?

I think an electronic tach would be one that is directly connected to the ECU... is that the case with your zen?

just a suggestion .... your car has hardly done any kms... so better not try out tach responses so soon!!

ps: sorry I had to copy your sig!
Old 12th August 2004, 15:56   #8
BHPian

looks gr8.... gives an international feeling as in Fast and Furious and 2 fast 2 furious

2f2f
Old 12th August 2004, 15:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey guys i have a old pricol rpm meter, it was in our esttem and stopped working abt 6 years back after we put a new engine, where can i get it repaired? and where do you connect it to carubrrated esteem?
Old 12th August 2004, 18:48   #10
BHPian

u'll get this tacho newhere in opera house,

but the needle jumps around a lot, not stable at all, so if your road racing its dificult to find your optimum shift point since it jumps around so much

i had this in my car too, now got an autometer with a shift light
Old 12th August 2004, 21:08   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Aug. 12 2004,14:28)]and where do you connect it to carubrrated esteem?
It will connect to the distributor.

(I dont know why..but my memory says something about a yellow wire)

cheers
R
Old 12th August 2004, 22:09   #12
BHPian

well green wire goes to distributor.. @least in mine..
I dont know if i have an electronic speedo(Cuz i didnt reverse for a km to see if its gone backwards :6Laughs: ). on a more Serious note, i have no clue..
Well guys dont worry i havent taken it 6k to see its response... Im talkin when give da clutch to shift gears, the rate @ which tacho falls whey cut off the throttle (for the change) is amazing..
Well its not directly connceted to ECU, (connected to distributor), But i have the connection diagram which says it can be connected to diagnostic terminal of G.M vehicle...
Old 12th August 2004, 22:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (2fast2furious @ Aug. 12 2004,14:26)]looks gr8.... gives an international feeling as in Fast and Furious and 2 fast 2 furious

2f2f
Yeah.. Actuallly thats where i got inspired from( I lost count of how many times have i seen 2f2f..Have the 2CD 3-pass Divx5 Rip of the movie from an original DVD!).
Old 13th August 2004, 12:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

SLK,
i have fitted a pricol 4 cylinder tacho in my mpfi zen .u can get it for 800rs in mumbai.
any roadside garage walah can do it for ur wagon r in ur wagon r .
u can get expensive ones from autometer with shift lites .

speedsatya
Old 13th August 2004, 20:58   #15
BHPian

Ok.. here are the full set of pics of a New Red Zen..(The First set of pics in this forum of New Zen if im not wrong...) I decided to spare u guys, so instead of posting all the pics straight in the forum i have shared the pics in photos.yahoo.com U can access it by clicking the link below
Pics of My Zen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks