Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 21:21   #1
BHPian

Can anyone tell me where can I find genuine suspension parts in Delhi? Im looking for front shockers, ball joints and tie-rod ends for my OHC Type 1.

I have had a horrible experience recently. About 5-6 months ago I went to Kashmere Gate to source for these parts, I got genuine parts (supposedly) at someone's recommendation as the majority of the parts are only bad quality Chinese ones,and got them fixed (unfortunately I was not around when this was done). I do not know if the garage conned me by changing the parts or if they were fake but now, about more than a month back, the ghad ghad sound is back.
Guess what, I need new front shockers, ball joints and tie-rod ends I never went back to that garage again but gave him a good piece of my mind! The service centre where I give my car for servicing is charging me about 7.5K with labour and guarantees the parts. I can easily save on a good 1-2K if I can get my own spares.

Can anyone tell me where can I find these or advise me a good garage that can repair or arrange this for me in Delhi / NCR / Anywhere?

Last edited by ported_head : 8th November 2006 at 02:30.
Old 8th November 2006, 09:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Got to Rakesh Motors on the Sheetla Mata Road, Gurgaon. He will do an excellant job and put genuine spares as well and is reasonable. Call Rakesh Sharma on 9811580697.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja
Can anyone tell me where can I find genuine suspension parts in Delhi? Im looking for front shockers, ball joints and tie-rod ends for my OHC Type 1.

I have had a horrible experience recently. About 5-6 months ago I went to Kashmere Gate to source for these parts, I got genuine parts (supposedly) at someone's recommendation as the majority of the parts are only bad quality Chinese ones,and got them fixed (unfortunately I was not around when this was done). I do not know if the garage conned me by changing the parts or if they were fake but now, about more than a month back, the ghad ghad sound is back.
Guess what, I need new front shockers, ball joints and tie-rod ends I never went back to that garage again but gave him a good piece of my mind! The service centre where I give my car for servicing is charging me about 7.5K with labour and guarantees the parts. I can easily save on a good 1-2K if I can get my own spares.

Can anyone tell me where can I find these or advise me a good garage that can repair or arrange this for me in Delhi / NCR / Anywhere?
Old 9th November 2006, 06:38   #3

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

its better to be safe tha sorry.get genuine stuff from a dealer .i know you will end up spending 1-2k more but atleast you will have peace of mind and wont end up sourcing the same stuff after a couple of months.and you can never be sure of spares bought outside the dealer.
Old 9th November 2006, 14:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
its better to be safe tha sorry.get genuine stuff from a dealer .i know you will end up spending 1-2k more but atleast you will have peace of mind and wont end up sourcing the same stuff after a couple of months.and you can never be sure of spares bought outside the dealer.
Thanks man but the service centre Im talking about is not a Honda dealer. Its a petrol pump cum service centre who obviously undertake work for all other cars. I asked Prime Honda before and they quoted 12k - 16K which is CRAZY
So do you still think its worth getting it done from these people, the only guarantee I'll have verbal. Would you happen to know any good workshop in Noida?
Old 11th November 2006, 19:26   #5
BHPian

Try Batra Autombiles at Ashram Chowk, Reasonable guy and stockist of BOSCH products.
Old 30th April 2007, 18:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ankit here are a few people you can try:

1. Pandit & Co., Okhla Ph: 41612844. Talk to Mr. Pradeep/Prakul & give them my reference they would be able to offer you some genuine advice. But they will not be very cheap, they'll be much cheaper than Honda for sure but some smaller garages can undercut them. I use them for most of my car's work.

2. Jagdish's garage at Chanakyapuri, opp. Chanakya Cinema.
He's reputed to be good & did a decent job on a friend's 1st gen OHC. You can give him a shot too.
Old 30th April 2007, 21:18   #7
BHPian

Thanks Ishan,

Going to call Pandit & Co. (any link to the Pandit & Co in CP?) and will visit Jagdish's garage tomorrow to find out for sure and update. Would they stock all genuine parts though?
Old 30th April 2007, 21:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Going to call Pandit & Co. (any link to the Pandit & Co in CP
Yeah real brothers!

Quote:
Would they stock all genuine parts though?
Pandit I can vouch for regarding original parts, if there is anything else being used he'll inform you beforehand. With Jagdish, you'll have to check with him I'm not completely sure.
Old 30th April 2007, 21:35   #9
BHPian

Great!

I will find out and be back for more! (finally someone's helping!) ;-)

Later
Old 14th May 2007, 00:37   #10
BHPian

Finally got time to update.

I had gone to Pandit & Co about 10-12 days back and got the car inspected. Mr Pradeep told me the car has some good suspension work to be done and the shocks are the only thing which are possibly working! The engine on the other hand is in a fantastic condition so I plan to keep this 9 year old.

Its estimated to cost about 30k - 40k for this job and I need new rubber (been about 5-6 years now since the footwear was changed)

I will be sending the car in a couple of days, need to know what tyre options I have. Need to spend not more than 3k per tyre and upsize. Do I get the rubber first or get the job done before I do this??

Last edited by ankitahuja : 14th May 2007 at 00:38.
Old 20th May 2007, 02:18   #11
BHPian

Got a lot of work done on the car today after the much awaited tyre change to Michelin XM1'S - 185/70/R13

With useful inputs from Sam's Lancer's spa treatment thread, I too got down to getting done a few things at over 90k.

1. Engine Flash
2. Oil - Castrol Magnatec. Fliter - HONDA OE
3. Radiator Flush - Some desi jugaad
4. TVS Girling coolant and distilled water
5. Gear Oil drain and change
6. Injector Cleaning
7. Spark Plugs replaced - NGK (normal ones)

Plus the usual washing, cleaning, vacuum, polish etc.
The service guys refused to drain the brake oil and replace it and insisted it was in good condition so I didn't force them.

It's a gleaming beauty now!

EDIT: Thanks Ishan for the tyre recommendation and source!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 20th May 2007 at 02:19.
Old 20th May 2007, 02:27   #12
BHPian

Few pictures of the products used:

All these were bought and supplied on my own and everything was done under my observation.

Last edited by ankitahuja : 20th May 2007 at 02:33.
Old 20th May 2007, 09:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me, mr. ahuja, but is this the Pandit & Co. in CP. Never gone to them, but have heard they are good but slightly premium. I intend to get my leather upholstery cleaned on say a 3-4 month basis +the usual cleaning.
You said gleaming. I am also a partially do it yourself person, and hat products are great for thorough cleaning and shining of interriors. I really do like a clean car, and cannot stand black patches on the interiors.
Old 20th May 2007, 11:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a lot of work done on the car today after the much awaited tyre change to Michelin XM1'S - 185/70/R13

EDIT: Thanks Ishan for the tyre recommendation and source!
No problem, glad to know you're satisifed with the service & purchase. I'm most probably going to be at Pandit on Mon/Tue if you're around drop in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Pardon me, mr. ahuja, but is this the Pandit & Co. in CP. Never gone to them, but have heard they are good but slightly premium.
There are two branches of Pandit & Co. One is in CP & the other is in Okhla. You could go to any but I recommend the Okhla branch because I know them very well personally and get work done there. As for the interior cleaning, he's the best on car finishing/detailing so he would be the best choice for you. The owner is also very, very anal about clean interiors (And cringes everytime he sits in my car for a TD!!) so I think he'll understand very well what standards you want on your car. But yes as you mentioned they are on the premium side so charge more than your average road side garage but still less then the authorised rip-offs.
Old 20th May 2007, 12:45   #15
BHPian

@Vasudeva - Pandit & Co. in Okhla is the place for you then, i've seen the amount of genuine interest the owner takes.

It'll be worth the premium you pay, plus there would be nothing to worry about because I totally understand your deportment for the glinting interiors that you like!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks