Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2006, 05:18   #1
BHPian

palio suspension help is needed

hi guys
i would like to install a koni's suspension kit on my palio 1.2 and one of my relative in uk is ready to give me a gift so i ask him to provide that i search in net and found a amazing site there wich has almost everything for modifying
i couldt find palio in their category there are almost 5,6 models of fiat but palio
plz help to choose one of these kit for my palio
here is the website
Fiat Koni Sport Kit Koni Suspension

cheers
Old 28th November 2006, 08:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

Payam, IMO you could do a lot of better to your car than a Koni suspension setup. I dont have much details about Koni's but I have heard that they are very stiff. The stock suspension of the Palio comes from Opac which is a Brazilian company. Fiat tried their luck to localize them but none of the manufacturers could match the specs. A friend who recently went to Brazil got some nice Gas filled struts for the fronts of his GTX. They are from Opac too. I drove his car and fell in love with the suspension setup compared to my stock.

Usually people prefer to do the following to their car to make it run better:
1) Iridium plugs and wires.
2) K&N Free Flow filter.
3) Better rubber.

Its difficult to recommend since we do not know what you currently have on your car. I would advice against the Koni's since for the price you would be able to do a lot more.
Old 28th November 2006, 23:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Payam, IMO you could do a lot of better to your car than a Koni suspension setup. I dont have much details about Koni's but I have heard that they are very stiff. The stock suspension of the Palio comes from Opac which is a Brazilian company. Fiat tried their luck to localize them but none of the manufacturers could match the specs. A friend who recently went to Brazil got some nice Gas filled struts for the fronts of his GTX. They are from Opac too. I drove his car and fell in love with the suspension setup compared to my stock.

Usually people prefer to do the following to their car to make it run better:
1) Iridium plugs and wires.
2) K&N Free Flow filter.
3) Better rubber.

Its difficult to recommend since we do not know what you currently have on your car. I would advice against the Koni's since for the price you would be able to do a lot more.

hi moral
thanks for reply but i already have k@n universal and an automech ff
this koni will be a gift from my uncle in uk so plz help me to choos
cheers
Old 29th November 2006, 08:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Lucky dude! That's some uncle. :-)
Old 29th November 2006, 09:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

How about some good ICE?
Old 29th November 2006, 14:06   #6

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

its understood that your uncle is going to gift you with konis but is it possible for you to ask him to get something else.why im saying this is because the palio 1.2's suspension is very good and i dont think the konis will make much of a difference.try asking for something else.and i dont think you will find koni's in uk for the palio so its better that you ask for something else.and from the link you have mentioned ,there is none for the palio and i dont think it can be fitted .and not to forget these are lowering kits,not advisable in india.for 400 pounds you can get a lot of better things.
Old 29th November 2006, 22:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
its understood that your uncle is going to gift you with konis but is it possible for you to ask him to get something else.why im saying this is because the palio 1.2's suspension is very good and i dont think the konis will make much of a difference.try asking for something else.and i dont think you will find koni's in uk for the palio so its better that you ask for something else.and from the link you have mentioned ,there is none for the palio and i dont think it can be fitted .and not to forget these are lowering kits,not advisable in india.for 400 pounds you can get a lot of better things.

hi hellspawn
thanks for ur advise yap i changed my mind instead i will go for some mods on my suspension but i am considering to lower my car what is bad about it?can u refer me to any post about that coz i couldnt fine
cheers
Old 10th June 2009, 15:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
One of my managers who owns a Palio 1.2 and he faced some tire problems which were solved by experts here and he is happy with the tires.
There is another problem and that with his suspension.
He claims they are stiff and make a noise even on the smallest speed braker.
He has shown the service guys. They did what they could in a paid service, but
the noise is recurring after a week or so.
His car is pretty old now, I suspect over 4 years.
What can be done? Please suggest.

Also the appraisal period is around the corner
Old 12th June 2009, 14:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Bump! Any idea of the above query. Looks like no one is interested in me getting a nice appraisal
Old 12th June 2009, 18:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hi guys,
One of my managers who owns a Palio 1.2 and he faced some tire problems which were solved by experts here and he is happy with the tires.
There is another problem and that with his suspension.
He claims they are stiff and make a noise even on the smallest speed braker.
He has shown the service guys. They did what they could in a paid service, but
the noise is recurring after a week or so.
His car is pretty old now, I suspect over 4 years.
What can be done? Please suggest.

Also the appraisal period is around the corner
@prince_pervez - What kind of noise are you referring to? 4 Years is not really that old in terms of car age. Do you have any info on how many Kms has he clocked? A lot of wear and tear is also dependant on driving styles and the kinds of roads that he generally uses. I know Suzuki Zen requires a change of Shocks @ 60K but i'm clocking about 65K with no issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks