Team-BHP - Do you want a K&N for your car?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Do you want a K&N for your car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/1941-do-you-want-k-n-your-car.html)

I dont know why people spend so much money on advertising/marketing when they dont have a proper customer management system in place.

Scenario 1 : You pay for big flashy ads in Indian car magazines marketing your wares and announcing that you are now K&Ns Indian authorised distributor.

Then when a customer does contact you inquiring about your product and a potential purchase, you dont reply for almost two months!! What the heck is your point of advertising when you cant manage the resultant purchase inquiries?

I wrote to <a href="knfilters@methodsonline.com" target="_blank">knfilters@methodsonli ne.com </a> for details on a K&N for my Vtec in the first week of May. No reply. I wrote again on the 1st of June and received their reply today. NOTE : This is the email address provided in all their advertisements as the correspondence email.

Whats worsening their situation is that the email that I received today does not answer any of my queries.

Their reply : Dear Customer,

Greetings! If you have been contacted regarding your enquiry for K&N Filters please ignore this mail, if not please contact Mr. Aron Vijaykhar C at <aron@methodsonline.com>.

Thankyou

Team Methods

Tell me something. If you cannot contact the company for making your purchase, how on earth do you expect them to treat you when you need after sales customer service?

So much for Team Methods. What they really need is a strong METHODology in place to take care of their customers. And they need to learn a thing or two from K&N U.S.A. who are just so prompt in their communication.

GTO

true, but you dont have to sacrifice your cars performance waiting for them to reply. they are basically wholesalers who just supply to the dealers. let me know if you need anything and maybe i can help you.

hey GTO,
the same thing happened with me, i mailed them regarding the K&N filter in nov'03 and i got a reply in jan'04, and i got the same mail you recieved a few day back....a bit late, already installed my filter...no point in waiting for these twits to reply.
and i live in bangalore (methods is based in bangalore).
anoop

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] they are basically wholesalers who just supply to the dealers.

Thats more like an apology of an excuse. Whether they are wholesalers or dealers...I dont care. They advertise a product...they invite queries to an email address...and thats it. Nothing more than that, not even a response to purchase inquiries?

In my opinion, they wasted every rupee of their advertising money.

GTO

i checked the part no for my K&N replacement filter, mailed it to my friend in US, he went to the dealer in raliegh, alas it was not available off the shelf (thanks to Esteem vintage) this was on a satday, Monday evening the guy calls him up and informs him the filter has arrived and he can make a net payment and they delivered it at his apartment (no extra charges).

cutomer rules in USA i say, but india is also improving a lot on this front i guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 25 2004,13:11)]In my opinion, they wasted every rupee of their advertising money.

GTO

That's an under statement GTO.
I'm getting the same mail from them after fitting
K&N in my Maruti...45 days ago

hey,i thought i was the only one.i mailed ozzone enterprises for a k&n for my 800 and still no reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manx @ June 25 2004,18:49)]hey,i thought i was the only one.i mailed ozzone enterprises for a k&n for my 800 and still no reply

Hey Manx.
These people suck. Where are you from?
I can get it straight from the shop.
As I had posted before, it's carry a price tag of 3490/- for 800 Marurti. Let me know. We can work out the finance bit then.

Rudra,

How is the perfomance of ur car after you fixed in the air filter....Any Diff in the power......

After i got the free flow done i was having a lot of gear backlash probelm coz of the increased power had to get it fixed....now if i go in for Airfilter and there is major power increase will have the same problem again......

Regds
Kakx

even i got the same answer.
the delhi dealer Performance auto is a real pain.that $@$%^told me that a filter for the zen wud cost 5.5k and also said that he got it for the same price and was giving it to me as i had cum from mumbai,whereas i had got one for my mpfi zen for 3500rs here in mumbai.from ks motorsports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (kakx @ July 06 2004,00:07)],

After i got the free flow done i was having a lot of gear backlash probelm coz of the increased power had to get it fixed....
Regds
Kakx

kakx ,
what is this backlash

Message deleted by Admin. Please use the marketplace section to post your wares and contact details in the future. That section has been specifically created for this purpose.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (kakx @ July 06 2004,00:07)]Rudra,

How is the perfomance of ur car after you fixed in the air filter....Any Diff in the power......

After i got the free flow done i was having a lot of gear backlash probelm coz of the increased power had to get it fixed....now if i go in for Airfilter and there is major power increase will have the same problem again......

Regds
Kakx

Kakx.

My 800 is without any modification. I feel the car is more smooth than it used to be. Engine re-builded six months ago and not even completed 5000 km. My friend has put in K&N for his carb Esteem (modified with head job and free flow) and finding it good. He seems to get same power in lower rpm (2500) than what he was getting in 3500. However, He's not having any problem.
By the way I didn't get this gear backlash probelm.
What exactly is that?
Regards.

Hi guys Im back in India In Pune the car scene is reving seeing a lot of modified cars with heavy work done on the engines and with the looks well about these air filters I have instaled in my car a Simota air filter which performs well and give my 1980 Fiat enough of punch and power well air filters do make a change:(

Message deleted by the Admin.

Please use the "marketplace section" ONLY for sales/purchase information