Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2004, 17:30   #1
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Finally decided to buy the Santro (wife decided to keep the 800 and hence had to rebudget my purchase.... the discount helped too )

On the accessories front, will be putting in a security system and a music system apart from the other stuff like floor mats and likes to start with. What is the preferred place to get these? Dealer or outside? The dealer was quoting prices that were way over the top for some items (Pioneer DEH-P4650MP for 9K!!!!). Any suggestions for a place in bangalore that I can go to for these?

Any suggestions as far as the security system is concerned? My other cars have autocop but this guy was pushing hyundai cobra which is more expensive than autocop.... Any advantages?
Old 16th November 2004, 18:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nevewr buy Accessories from the dealer. Theyre an absolute rip off. 9k for the DEH-4650MP? Is that only for the head panel?

I got my 4650 last week for 6700/-. Though I dont know the prices in Bangalore. Browse around some accessory shops to get the best deal

Dippy
Old 17th November 2004, 15:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ Nov. 16 2004,15:43)]Nevewr buy Accessories from the dealer. Theyre an absolute rip off. 9k for the DEH-4650MP? Is that only for the head panel?

a set of 4 Maruti alloy rims for the zen cost 16k.
i got my entire set of rims and tires for 16k from outside.
Old 17th November 2004, 15:55   #4
BHPian

Thought so...... So no accessories from the dealer! Do the Bangaloreans here know any good accessory shop that sells genuine stuff and will do a clean install (Without messing up the electricals)??
Old 17th November 2004, 23:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey mohit,
in case of maruti ,when u fit MGA(maruti genuine accessories) ,i feel its okay to pay a little more ,as u dont have the tension of anything interfering with warranty.
when i fitted the latest Autocop in 2001,it was 6.5k at the maruti dealer while it was only 5k outside.so to save the 1.5 k , i got it fitted outside.
when u get it from the maruti dealer,there is no cutting of wires or drilling holes its only plugging.
so for autocop,the headlight relays u can go for hyundai accessories .and for others like the music system,speakers ,alloys shop outside

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks