Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2006, 11:37   #1
BHPian

Repainting a Car - seeking advise

HiMy white 800 has turned pale and would like to go for a repaint. Have the following queries:1. When is it advisable to go for repaint ?2. What RTO formalities are there if I repaint in mettalic silver?3. How much does it cost?4. How long will it take?5. Any workshop you would recommend for doing this job, at Bangalore?
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:50   #2
BHPian

[quote=ravradha;342095] Your questions are in bold

1. When is it advisable to go for repaint ?
When there is a considerable amount of tin work on the car and it needs an overcoat & also as in your case, when you want to change the colour of the car.
2. What RTO formalities are there if I repaint in mettalic silver?
Get the colour changed in the R.C. Write an official letter & take the RTO stamp & signature of the officer incharge where the changes have been made.
3. How much does it cost?
Approximately about Rs. 15,000
4. How long will it take?
A competent garage should not take more than a week.
5. Any workshop you would recommend for doing this job, at Bangalore?
Banglore members could help out with this.

All the best!
az
Old 24th December 2006, 00:16   #3
BHPian

I think If you opt for ICI Dulux Auto paints, Some insurance companies pay for it...! Do check this with your Insurance Agency. + Spend more and get it done at a Paint Booth.
Old 24th December 2006, 03:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

you can go in for a repaint when ever you like...as you please....changing the colour will create problems during selling the car...repaint it the same colour..no rto problems...
Old 25th December 2006, 18:55   #5
BHPian

While selling, buyer may think car has undergone some serious accident, so underwent whole body painting.
Old 26th December 2006, 22:51   #6
elf
BANNED

The cost of getting a Maruti 800 painted in Bombay, using Standox / 2K paint & a paint booth would be about 15k. This would exclude the cost of any tinwork that your car may have.

You should contact Bangalore members (Rudra's got a great job on his Ambassador) for good people.
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:47   #7
BHPian

hey guys, my query is on the same lines....i got my maroon colored M-1000 repainted to silver grey and I havent got the change in color endorsed in the RC as yet. Now if my car has had an accident and if I had to present photos of the damaged car to the Insurance company, is there a chance they could deny honoring the claim due to mismatch of car color with RC ?
Old 2nd January 2007, 16:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

You kick them in the backside & tell them to look at the engine & chassis numbers. those are the things that should not be tampered with. repainting your car & endorsing it in the RC is entirely at your discretion.
Old 2nd January 2007, 18:12   #9
elf
BANNED

Reading the small print in your insurance contract would be a good idea before repainting the vehicle or kicking their backsides.
Old 9th January 2007, 01:22   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
hey guys, my query is on the same lines....i got my maroon colored M-1000 repainted to silver grey and I havent got the change in color endorsed in the RC as yet. Now if my car has had an accident and if I had to present photos of the damaged car to the Insurance company, is there a chance they could deny honoring the claim due to mismatch of car color with RC ?
I have had a similar experience like what you have stated. My 800 was originally white and I had it painted Red and after a few months the car met with an accident just outside my door. The insurance company did not reject the claim because of the change in colour but while settling the claim advised me to change the colour in the RC book. This was Oriental Insurance, Chennai by the way.
Old 9th January 2007, 12:34   #11
BHPian

I just had a friend of mines's 800 painted white in Kotla (Delhi). The guy has done a good job, gave the car back in 3 days and charged 4.5k including denting and interior care. My pal is thrilled coz his is a ten year old car and he did'nt want to increase the total cost of ownership by a fat margin .. I have no idea about changing the color and RTO formalities though .
dMH
Old 9th January 2007, 18:24   #12
BANNED

repaint

i had my palio repainted...i did it in a local paint booth situated in town..it costed me around 12k...and is a very neat job.
Old 12th January 2007, 02:33   #13

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@hafi:did you just get it repainted or did the car involve some tinwork also.
Old 1st April 2008, 00:46   #14
LLL
BHPian

Anyone changed the exterior paint

Just wondering, has anyone got their car painted in a different color? How much would it cost to change and what are the legal formalities (RC includes original car color).

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st April 2008 at 06:21. Reason: threads merged.
Old 1st April 2008, 02:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

For my OHC had got a quote of about 25-30k for a full repaint. The same colour (exteriors only, no stripping off of seats etc) was about 18k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks