Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 13:33   #1
BHPian

K & N Filter for M800 5Speed

Hi

I would like to fit a K & N Filter for my M800 5Speed.
It cost Rs.3500 can any body tell me the advantages and is it worthy?

Also let me know the advantage of free flow exhaust and the approximate price of it.
Old 11th January 2007, 18:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Our chennai member 'Mridul' who has a 5speed 800 has been using the K&N filter and free-flow exhaust for a long time.
Old 12th January 2007, 00:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Our chennai member 'Mridul' who has a 5speed 800 has been using the K&N filter and free-flow exhaust for a long time.

Hey Nitrous ... any links of where i can find this thread about Mridul m800
Old 12th January 2007, 00:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

god, i have never heard of this mridul. only someone like nitrous the mighty could conjure up someone like that.
Old 12th January 2007, 13:00   #5
BANNED

hey mileage and pickup will definitly increase..try the conical one..it will certainly increase the performance of the engine...
Old 12th January 2007, 13:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi

I would like to fit a K & N Filter for my M800 5Speed.
It cost Rs.3500 can any body tell me the advantages and is it worthy?

Also let me know the advantage of free flow exhaust and the approximate price of it.
search for shibujp's posts. he owns a m800 5 speed with automech freeflow + k&n

automech costs 5k

once you add a freeflow and a k&n( no replacement) then its music to your ears after 4k and hence you maybe tempted to add volume and hence drive your car above 4k rpm and hence an drop in mileage

else you should get a decent improvement in mileage (1-2kmpl)
Old 12th January 2007, 14:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

KN - Maruti 5 spd - MPFI

Hi suresh,

I think the performance and the driveability is worth the money spend for a free flow + KN Conical setup.

K&N
The engine responsiveness increases a lot and so does top end power. the 5 spd already has good low end. Mileage if you drive as you are doing now will increase by around 1 kmpl

Free flow
Please read my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post112948

On the whole the free flow can reduce your low end but give you a simply great top end. Since in the three pot M800 the idea of a 3-2-1 (3 pipes into two pipes into a single pipe) header might be overkill(is it possible?) the backpressure depends mostly on your muffler...so when you get the muffler make sure you retain some of the back pressure. I am now using the free flow headers and expansion chamber with the stock muffler. Ideally the muffler should be a wee bit more free flowing but i'm happy with the combo.
The one thing i really miss though is the sound..:>

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 12th January 2007, 15:10   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

It will surely will be worth it , and you will feel the change in the low end performance to a great extent .............
Old 12th January 2007, 15:35   #9
BHPian

If you are looking for sound, k&n will not be the ultimate option, However free flow will work wonders in terms of sound and perfomance, I drive an alto with k&n extreme filter and complete free flow, First I installed k&n and to be frank, did not experience a complete change in terms of perfomance, However after getting the FFE done, It has been much better

Best of luck
Old 13th January 2007, 19:51   #10
BHPian

Yap after reading these articles I have decided to put K & N Filters on my car, but I'm worried if FFE is banned in Chennai City, any idea team?

Also will fitting the filter alone increase my low end performance?

Today i was searching for a spoiler for my car(M800) through-out GP road in Chennai but could'nt find, can anybosy get me an address where I can get spoiler for M800
Old 20th January 2007, 22:05   #11
BHPian

how much does automech free flow cost for zen mpfi ... ?? plz help wer in chennai can it be done ???
Old 21st January 2007, 15:00   #12
BHPian

Before going with FFE, we should first find whether it is legal in Chennai. Otherwise it will be a total loss, since already the COPS are bugging everyone. Can anyone help on this????
Old 29th January 2007, 15:21   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Hi suresh,

I think the performance and the driveability is worth the money spend for a free flow + KN Conical setup.

K&N
The engine responsiveness increases a lot and so does top end power. the 5 spd already has good low end. Mileage if you drive as you are doing now will increase by around 1 kmpl

Free flow
Please read my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post112948

On the whole the free flow can reduce your low end but give you a simply great top end. Since in the three pot M800 the idea of a 3-2-1 (3 pipes into two pipes into a single pipe) header might be overkill(is it possible?) the backpressure depends mostly on your muffler...so when you get the muffler make sure you retain some of the back pressure. I am now using the free flow headers and expansion chamber with the stock muffler. Ideally the muffler should be a wee bit more free flowing but i'm happy with the combo.
The one thing i really miss though is the sound..:>

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Hey man,

Thanks for your suggestions on sound, I have installed the K&N, NGK Plugs and a free flow, this makes some sound which irritates my dad, will my sound decrease on using stock muffler while retaining my header not doing away with the performance.
pls let me know?
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what the model no of the Alto LXi K&N replacement filter? It cost about 3K here.

I am travelling to US in April and planning to get it there. Let me know if anyone in chennai would need this. I need the model or part number though.
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by men_in_jean View Post
Before going with FFE, we should first find whether it is legal in Chennai. Otherwise it will be a total loss, since already the COPS are bugging everyone. Can anyone help on this????
Ban or not it is illegal to modify a vehicle which results in, it not meeting manufacturer specifications.

cant believe I have typed this.

P.S. Suresh, Search the forum. There are millions of discussions on this topic.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd March 2007 at 17:46.

Most Viewed