Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 23:07   #1
BHPian

Remote lock+Power windows-ZEN

Hai ,
am new out here, and need to know which remote lock and power windows to go for? a si reside in mumbai it would be of gr8 help if i know where & which 1 buy and how much would it cost.......
Help me Team Bhpians....
Old 12th January 2007, 22:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Am not too sure about power windows as I have them as OE on my car but you can go in for either the Xenos or Nippon for remote locking and security systems. It is better to go in for a complete security system instead of just getting a keyless entry fixed.
Old 12th January 2007, 22:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

you can also go for the oe power windows. just visit any authorised centres.
Old 13th January 2007, 00:59   #4
BHPian

that what?
i dont know where to go in mumbai...and would the cost be for the remote + power windows?
plz tell me the price tag attached to both...thz in advance.
Old 13th January 2007, 01:13   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH-WINS View Post
i dont know where to go in mumbai...and would the cost be for the remote + power windows?
plz tell me the price tag attached to both
  1. go to this website -> Maruti Udyog.
  2. on the left hand side below the car selection menu you will see a tab titled DEALER LOCATOR. click on it.
  3. enter your State and City on the following page to get your list of Dealer Showrooms, Workshops, etc.
  4. all results are displayed with Address & Telephone Number.
  5. alternatively, go to Sion Koliwada, Milan Subway or Opera House and ask around the shops there.
  6. many MGA dealers also install the products you're looking for. two of them are:
    a. Sundar Auto Parts, Worli - +91-22-244962039.
    b. Chandrika Automobiles, Dadar (W) - +91-22-24226120.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th January 2007 at 01:19.
Old 13th January 2007, 01:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

if your staying in the surburbs then its probably milan subway...just got mine done from shreenath motors, the first shop in that line..2500/- keyless entry...and had powerwindows on my indica dls done for 10g's..but i suggest you do your power windows from Maruti.
Old 27th February 2013, 10:43   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Remote lock+Power windows-ZEN

Hello FMs,

Reviving this old thread, obviously for an old car-Zen '02. As it is a Lx model, it has no power windows. I want to fit after market power windows. Please let me know if anyone has done this to their zens and any feedback on it will be of immense help.

Thanks & regards,
Saket
Old 27th February 2013, 20:49   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I got a quote of 11k from a dealer for power windows on all 4 doors. The equipment manufacturer is RD. I read somewhere in this forum that RD is/ was an OEM for maruti?
Please let me know how good (or bad) are RD products & have they been ever the OEMs for maruti?

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 08:17   #9
BHPian

Don't know about RD Brand, but I've seen a couple of old Zen's, Swift LDis with AUTOCOP powerwindows fixed.

I got this from vicky.in, I suppose it's universal and can be fitted onto any car without power windows.

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/Autocop-power-windows

Other brands,
http://www.vicky.in/shopping/car-power-windows

Didn't you go to any accessory shop?

Last edited by Eminenttismo : 1st March 2013 at 08:22.
Eminenttismo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 08:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Power windows can be fitted onto any car. All it requires is a power source to run the motor and space in the door panel to fit the motor if you do not want it exposed.

You generally even get the switches that come in a box so that the whole thing needs a hole in the panel but is a stand alone switch.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 10:13   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post
Don't know about RD Brand, but I've seen a couple of old Zen's, Swift LDis with AUTOCOP powerwindows fixed.

I got this from vicky.in, I suppose it's universal and can be fitted onto any car without power windows.

http://www.vicky.in/shopping/Autocop-power-windows

Other brands,
http://www.vicky.in/shopping/car-power-windows

Didn't you go to any accessory shop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Power windows can be fitted onto any car. All it requires is a power source to run the motor and space in the door panel to fit the motor if you do not want it exposed.

You generally even get the switches that come in a box so that the whole thing needs a hole in the panel but is a stand alone switch.

Thanks guys for your replies. I went to an accessory shop, where the dealer has quoted 11K for PW on all 4 for RD brand with Up module. It has individual controls on all doors and has a master control for all 4 on the driver's side. The guy told me that RD has been an OEM supplier for Maruti in past(??).
I will take a look at the system on may be Sunday & probably will get it fitted. That 's provided that I don't come across anything too discouraging about the particular brand.

Thanks,
Saket
Old 1st March 2013, 10:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post

Unless we change the door pads, the holes for the manual window levers would be exposed, since the power window switches came at a different position for the VX variant. Most of the aftermarket power window boxes fit in the slot for manual lever making it much more convenient to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I got a quote of 11k from a dealer for power windows on all 4 doors. The equipment manufacturer is RD. I read somewhere in this forum that RD is/ was an OEM for maruti?
Please let me know how good (or bad) are RD products & have they been ever the OEMs for maruti?
I don't think Zen ever came with power windows in the rear door. So its definitely aftermarket if you are planning for a 4 door model. Most players in this field are/were OEMs for some manufacturer or the other. So the quality aspect can be safely assumed for the trusted brands I guess. Infact, the cost cutting measures from manufacturers actually make it difficult for the quality stuff to be provided as OEMs.

Not sure about RD but I have heard good feedback regarding Autocop from friends, especially when it comes to servicing for central locking and power windows. Price seems to be in the same range for all these brands.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 10:35   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Unless we change the door pads, the holes for the manual window levers would be exposed, since the power window switches came at a different position for the VX variant. Most of the aftermarket power window boxes fit in the slot for manual lever making it much more convenient to fit.

I don't think Zen ever came with power windows in the rear door. So its definitely aftermarket if you are planning for a 4 door model. Most players in this field are/were OEMs for some manufacturer or the other. So the quality aspect can be safely assumed for the trusted brands I guess. Infact, the cost cutting measures from manufacturers actually make it difficult for the quality stuff to be provided as OEMs.

Not sure about RD but I have heard good feedback regarding Autocop from friends, especially when it comes to servicing for central locking and power windows. Price seems to be in the same range for all these brands.
Yes, you are right. Zen never came with power windows in the rear. As I don't plan to buy a new car in near future, I have decided to plonk the PW in all 4 doors.

And as you say, and as per the conversation I had with the seller, he said that the power window consoles will be fitted over the manual lever pad holes which would 'hide' them. Also, the system has an 'upmodule' which will automatically roll up the windows once the car is locked using the remote. Have not enquired about Autocop. Will give it a try though.
Old 10th March 2013, 21:54   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello BHPians,

So, today I got RD Power windows installed in my Zen for all 4 windows. The job took a good 5 hours!! It has individual switches on all doors and has a master control for all 4 windows for the driver side with a child lock. Thankfully the color of the consoles were grey which matches my interiors & the upholstery.

The total cost, as I said earlier came 11k which includes an up module which raises all windows one by one once the car is locked by the remote of my central lock system.
My next mod will be installing a rear wiper & washer in the car and will be done by a MASS. Will keep posted in appropriate thread.

Thanks,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 10th March 2013 at 21:59. Reason: Typo
Old 10th March 2013, 22:05   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats dude. Old Zen is such a nice car to own and drive.
BTW how about some snaps of power window switches?
I have seen a Zen LX getting aftermarket power windows installed from a dealer at Coimbatore, with the OE door pads with OE switches which gave a good look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My next mod will be installing a rear wiper & washer in the car and will be done by a MASS.
Why can't you try this as a DIY? Parts are readily available at A.S.S and other spare part dealers too.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks