Team-BHP - Signal Mirrors - How do I get my hands on this ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Signal Mirrors - How do I get my hands on this ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/20502-signal-mirrors-how-do-i-get-my-hands.html)

Hi Everyone,

I want to know where I can get signal mirrors for the outside rear view mirror, that has a strobbing chevron indicator in Chennai.
it strobes while turning, braking and while the car is armed.
if u want to know wht i mean...pls look at this link.
Muth Mirror Systems, LLC - MultiFunction Module
thanks

Interesting device! Is any one using this device in India?

hey have any one seen skoda luaras rear view mirror...soo cooooool

Yeah, it is indeed a cool device.
It is available at Pete's. Go to any dealer who does Pete's products in Chennai. They'll be able to source it for you.

Havent seen such a thing , if you find it then please tell me also ......

I am wondering the purpose of this device. Who does this indicate to? Drivers behind? They work *along with* the other regular indicators. So, what the point? Am I missing something so obvious here?

Show off ! Nothing else. I guess.

Moreover it distracts the driver especially in night.

Id rather get a pair of these.

Iv seen a couple of swifts with these mirrors installed..

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAFI (Post 355251)
hey have any one seen skoda luaras rear view mirror...soo cooooool

Whats so special about the Laura's rear view mirror?

Quote:

Originally Posted by determinus (Post 357250)
So, what the point?

So the manufacturers can charge you more every time you hit your mirror, which is every other day in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 357299)
Id rather get a pair of these.

Iv seen a couple of swifts with these mirrors installed..

Where can one source these? I think these are nices compared to the others on this thread....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 357301)
So the manufacturers can charge you more every time you hit your mirror, which is every other day in India.

Come to think of it, there can be a use: we see them all the time, probably are so used to ignore the blinkers, something happening at an unexpected place might actually catch your attention.

When the C class came with those indicators behind the rear view mirrors, a friend literally stopped in the middle of the road. He actually went after the car to make sure that it was for real (ok, or so he told)

Somewhat related story, OT nevertheless -- is about the digital speedo of Civic. A friend booked one yesterday, and after the test drive the only complaint was that the display was too distracting -- for one km change in speed, which happens all the time, 4-5 elements change and they are in your visual horizon. I thought it was an interesting angle to ergonomics/ usability.

DT

Quote:

Originally Posted by determinus (Post 357362)
after the test drive the only complaint was that the display was too distracting --

DT

That is exactily I mentioned in my post. It distracts the driver at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanapli (Post 358028)
That is exactily I mentioned in my post. It distracts the driver at night.

it distracts the other people on the road too. they keep peeking at it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarchist (Post 357330)
Where can one source these? I think these are nices compared to the others on this thread....

iv seen these on a swift so I guess you get them here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 357299)
Whats so special about the Laura's rear view mirror?

Maybe he's refering to the "Coming Home Lights" as Skoda calls them...its nothing but a light on the rear view mirror, which stays on for sometime after the door is closed...its supposed to guide you home in the night :Frustrati ...but it sure is cool...and i think i've read something like this elsewhere - Puddle light??? in Scorpio :confused: