Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2007, 21:08   #1
BHPian

Locking/Unlocking the doors from inside of Honda City

Hi,

I've a NHC ZX GXi. For locking/unlocking the doors from outside, we've the remote. But from inside, there is a lever that can be pushed down for locking and pulled up for unlocking, on the door near the bottom right corner of the window glass. Its position is so awkward for reaching and it makes difficult to lock/unlock the doors.

Even I tried with the remote buttons. Once the key is in the key slot, they do not function.

On some other cars, there is a button handy near the power windows buttons which can be used to lock/unlock the car. But it is not present in such a costly car. Is there any other way with which we can lock/unlock the doors from inside other than using the lever.

Thanks
Ramesh Chandra
Old 17th January 2007, 00:04   #2
BHPian

hey..i have a NHC CVT..yes,i agree..there should have been the switch near the power windows for locking/unlocking doors..
I have a Xenos security system fitted,and once i start the engine,all the doors get locked automatically within 1-2 seconds..
same way - once i switch off the engine after parking the car,the doors get unlocked..this feature because of the extra security system which I've got fitted(Xenos)..
I would suggest getting a security system fitted.

-sr
Old 17th January 2007, 01:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

Amazing?!!! As far as I know, all remote central locking mechanisms are so built that the moment you close all your doors they get passively armed in 30 seconds and in case if you start the engine before that the doors locks are actively armed (read locked) by themselves. Similarly stopping the engine again disarms the locks. This is supposed to happen automatically.
Old 17th January 2007, 02:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania View Post
hey..i have a NHC CVT..yes,i agree..there should have been the switch near the power windows for locking/unlocking doors..
I have a Xenos security system fitted,and once i start the engine,all the doors get locked automatically within 1-2 seconds..
same way - once i switch off the engine after parking the car,the doors get unlocked..this feature because of the extra security system which I've got fitted(Xenos)..
I would suggest getting a security system fitted.

-sr
Now that you have fitted the Xenos security system, have you done away with your original Honda keyless entry remote or do you use both. I propose to buy a VTEC when am back in India and this is one question thats baffling me. Correct me if am wrong but I think the NHC does not have a factory fitted security system. Sorry for the off-topic
Old 17th January 2007, 03:09   #5

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

yes the nhc vtec comes with only keyless entry and not the security sytem.there is no need for you to use the two seperate systems in parallel as the security system will also lock and unlock the doors.
Old 17th January 2007, 12:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
But from inside, there is a lever that can be pushed down for locking and pulled up for unlocking, on the door near the bottom right corner of the window glass. Its position is so awkward for reaching and it makes difficult to lock/unlock the doors.
I agree. The lever is quite hard to reach. I usuall lock with my right elbow & unlock with my left hand. I feel Honda should have provided the lock/unlock button near the power-window buttons or near the door open lever.
Old 17th January 2007, 12:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Amazing?!!! As far as I know, all remote central locking mechanisms are so built that the moment you close all your doors they get passively armed in 30 seconds and in case if you start the engine before that the doors locks are actively armed (read locked) by themselves. Similarly stopping the engine again disarms the locks. This is supposed to happen automatically.
What if I want to let the engine idle with doors closed & windows down?

PS: Stock NHC comes with only cental locking & remote keyless entry. There is no security system.
Old 18th September 2007, 18:20   #8
BHPian

which locking system did honda put in gxi and vtec
Old 18th September 2007, 18:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabheda View Post
which locking system did honda put in gxi and vtec
Its OMRON. Model: G8D-351H-A
Old 18th September 2007, 19:03   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes...
Right elbow to lock and left hand to unlock:-)
Old 18th September 2007, 20:07   #11
BHPian

Rectified ..

This issue has been rectified in the minor modifications done to NHC ZX that is released this month.

THis is the quote from the website.

"Central Door Lock Switches
To make life more convenient and safe for you and your family , City ZX comes with central door lock switch, placed on the door switch panel."

Last edited by vvrchandra : 18th September 2007 at 20:09.
Old 19th September 2007, 00:00   #12
BHPian

do we get omron in open market
Old 15th October 2007, 13:47   #13
BANNED

im gonna help u all do it with the elbow. sorted its easy that way. get in start the car and tap the elbow down on the lever sorted
Old 15th October 2007, 15:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Yes...
Right elbow to lock and left hand to unlock:-)
Yup, I do the same too.

It is indeed strange since my 1999 Esteem had that feature. Honda is introducing it in the NHC in 2007.
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:13   #15
Senior - BHPian

The New Honda City Comes With These Locks Near the Power Window Buttons by which you can get the doors to be locked or unlocked

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks