Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 19:02   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Venture Shield: "Self-healing" paint protection film (PPF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimedico View Post
Noted. Thank You.

Also, I almost forgot that, adhesion is also not proper., peeling also started at about same time frame ( 6 months after ppf application)
Isnt peeling covered in warranty at least? Formation of those fingers point to improper stretching before installation and this is definitely not expected out of someone like 3M who are one of the largest players in the industry. Maybe they are better off doing smaller parts rather than the whole vehicle. It took more than three days for me to finish off my car but there was a lot of learning involved. I did mess up one of the door like this due to the lack of proper stretching but I redid and it turned out without any such fingers behind the door skin.

I would suggest it to get trimmed till the edge of where the fingers end. Thats the most practical way to solve this issue in case 3M refuses warranty. At least they would not continue to lift towards the door edge due to water and dust ingress.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 14:23   #17
BHPian

I got 3m ventudreshield for my whole car. I also noticed that they have wrapped the parking sensors which are on the bumpers. Is it how it's done? I could not find any advisory on this aspect. Would it impede the performance of parking sensors?
Old 24th July 2021, 16:43   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimedico View Post

Update Feb 2021 : Turns out, the whopping 2 Lakh Priced PPF pro, doesn't live up to the promises made by 3M, nor live up to the cost. I am not sure if this is 3M's fraud or a failure of quality check .
No resolution till now by 3M! Such FrauduIence

Coming across 3M v! ctim experiences in other platforms of Fb, G etc
Attached Thumbnails
3M Venture Shield: "Self-healing" paint protection film (PPF)-20210724.jpg  

Old 18th August 2021, 06:34   #19

Hello BHPians,

I am getting home a new Innova Crysta and have been wondering whether to go for PPF or Ceramic coating. My earlier vehicles had a package with 3M in Mumbai wherein I used to have the scheduled number of polishing and I was quite happy with that. However, even 3M now recommends to opt for Ceramic coating and install PPF in areas like bumper, handles and door corners. The other option of course is to go for PPF across which is expensive and with what I am reading here in terms of the aging I am a little unsure.

I am going for the Bronze coloured Innova and hence any suggestions / recommendations are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks