Team-BHP - Palio Engine Swap
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Palio Engine Swap (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/20780-palio-engine-swap.html)

Guys i am getting a flood affected Palio 1.2 dirt cheap. I was planing a engine swap and making it a pocked rocket. However can anyone help me out by telling me which engines will fit this car and how much will they cost. Also since i am planing to upgrade the engine i would have to upgrade the brakes as well. Somebody please give me the list of mods which i will have to execute in order to make the car running properly.

Will a Suzuki Twin Cam Engine fit the Palio. I have heard Viper does engine swaps so it will be nice if he could also throw some light on this.

how about a regular palio 1.6 engine....that should be far less complicated...nd its a DOHC too...

Why dont you look for a totalled GTX's engine? That might be a good fit.

Thanx for the prompt replies : -

A few points i would like to mention.

is the car in good condition?..if yes then why dont you try some performance mod for the same engine...it will save a lot of money from your pocket and also you will get a decent performance tooo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAFI (Post 361141)
is the car in good condition?..if yes then why dont you try some performance mod for the same engine...it will save a lot of money from your pocket and also you will get a decent performance tooo...

ITs a flood affected car so it will be better to change the engine i guess. Also with all the mods like filter exhaust its still not gonna match the performance of a 1.6

Why not go for a Palio 1.6 itself? It shouldnt be much of a price difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 361171)
Why not go for a Palio 1.6 itself? It shouldnt be much of a price difference.

hes getting a 1.2 at half the price of a 1.6.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 361132)
Thanx for the prompt replies : -

A few points i would like to mention.
  • Where will i find a 1.6 GTX engine and most mportantly for how much.
  • r??

heard you get 1.6 for 1.5lac in mumbai. I was told this by someone who came for last bangy meet

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 361177)
heard you get 1.6 for 1.5lac in mumbai. I was told this by someone who came for last bangy meet

Yes thats true your getting it for 1.5L but i am getting the 1.2 for half of that. Going to check out the car tommorrow. If at Rs.1.5L i can get a better and faster car then why not :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 361200)
Yes thats true your getting it for 1.5L but i am getting the 1.2 for half of that. Going to check out the car tommorrow. If at Rs.1.5L i can get a better and faster car then why not :p

Busa , to put this into serious perspective what would be the maximum bug that u would willing to splurge on an engine ?? I could check for the availability for 1.6gtx , 1.5 city , baleno engines or drag spec esteem engines for sale .. But it is to be understood that with these changes u would have to take into consideration making new mounts as twin cam suzi will surely have different mounts , gearbox issues et all .. Also the additional weight of the palio means u need additional torque also which a few of these engines might not suffice for .. Or else its better to buy a 1.6L fiat itself ..

just go in for a palio 1.6 cause by the time u finish working on the swap u might have spent more money than buying a 1.6.and as you say it is a flooded vehical there will be lots more problems than you con think of. [wiring and electricals] go in for a working 1.6 palio.

I suggested a second hand 1.6 GTX for a few reasons:

1) Plonking any engine will require atleast the balance 75k you save from buying the water soaked car.
2) Consider you get a 1.3L twin cam in the car, you will have to make mountings and a hell load of alterations to make the project a success.
3) Even if you get the above two successfully, you will have to mod the engine to torque the additional 100 kgs that the Palio has. I guess the Baleno is 975 kgs and the VTEC is 985kgs something. The Palio weighs 1080 kgs.
4) The GTX is a twin cam engine if that excites you.
5) Water soaked car is an invitation to rust on some parts.

Good luck if you still contemplate on buying the car and modding it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 361177)

@jkdas
the 1.6 u told...is it a flood affected car???

Thanx mclaren1885 and moralfibre - What ever you said makes a lot of sense.

My budget for the mods is around a Lac. So the car i am getting is for 70k + 1L on mods = 1.7L which hopefully should be a bit faster then a 1.6 GTX bought for 1.5L.

Quote:

the 1.6 u told...is it a flood affected car???
Its not a flood affected car. A flood affected 1.6 = non flooded 1.2 in performance.