Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2019, 11:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

My reasoning for getting the external sensors was based on the fact that in case of something going wrong I could just remove the sensor and carry on. In case of internal sensor going bad it would mean opening the tyre and taking the unit out. If you are traveling and the internal sensor leaks then you are stuck. With the external sensors you still use the original valve stems and it's much more reliable.
Traveler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 17:41   #17
BHPian

Re: Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
My reasoning for getting the external sensors was based on the fact that in case of something going wrong I could just remove the sensor and carry on. In case of internal sensor going bad it would mean opening the tyre and taking the unit out. If you are traveling and the internal sensor leaks then you are stuck. With the external sensors you still use the original valve stems and it's much more reliable.
I had installed external TPMS in my car sometimes back. The anti theft nut which is used to make the valve non-removable without the help of the special tool developed rust and was stuck.
Thank god it happened at my residence, And i was able to use WD-40 to unscrew the sensor to fill air in the tire.
Dhruv29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 19:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
I had installed external TPMS in my car sometimes back. The anti theft nut which is used to make the valve non-removable without the help of the special tool developed rust and was stuck.
Thank god it happened at my residence, And i was able to use WD-40 to unscrew the sensor to fill air in the tire.
The nuts supplied are generally quite thin and not of very good quality. I replaced the nuts with good quality nuts bought from a tyre dealer. These are same nuts used on tyre tubes. The tyre guy have them to me for free.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 20:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Deelife Store folks have also created a video on YouTube that provides a very good walk-through of unboxing and installation. Refer video below:

vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 07:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I have been using the external sensors on a similar unit, but not the same. The external sensors in my cars report 2 psi less than actual. This is true for both cars where I installed the TPMS. It almost 2 years and I just replaced the coin type battery in all 8 sensors after about 2 years. The unit otherwise is flawless and works fine. Being solar I have never had to charge it as well.
BTW, did the 2 PSI error change after changing batteries? Curious to know if the reading of these sensors is dependent on the battery voltage.
Old 14th April 2019, 08:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitnab View Post
BTW, did the 2 PSI error change after changing batteries? Curious to know if the reading of these sensors is dependent on the battery voltage.
No, the 2 psi error is standard on both my units and has no bearing with the battery. I think it is more of a design issue with the external sensors. However since it's a fixed 2 psi issue it is easy to compensate for.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 11:58   #22
BHPian

VSRIVATSA, congratulations on your purchase. Your original post contains good amount of information and details regarding the Deelife TPMS and its installation; thanks for sharing. Can you please update us whether you are facing any air leakage issues in the meanwhile?

The expressions in this thread encouraged me enough to take plunge and install TPMS on my car, which I have done so. However, my unit is of an unknown brand bought from Amazon at some 5300 INR. Amazon lists it as “Backber”, but this name does not appear anywhere on the box or other package contents. There exist several youtube videos showing the same / identical looking unit but with many other names. The unit is lightweight and the display is clear and bright even in broad day light.

I was a bit relieved to see all buttons performing exact same functions as designated in the manual and as shown in youtube videos. I am eager to see how it performs in the long run. Keeping fingers crossed.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 14:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Can you please update us whether you are facing any air leakage issues in the meanwhile?

The expressions in this thread encouraged me enough to take plunge and install TPMS on my car, which I have done so. However, my unit is of an unknown brand bought from Amazon at some 5300 INR.
No leakage issues faced so far - the TPMS kit is working fine as expected. I recently washed the car as well and left the TPMS sensors on the tires while washing. Did not face any issues with the TPMS sensors after washing. So they do seem to be effective in terms of water resistance.

I looked at the Backber Kit on Amazon and it seems to be rated highly. Do share your experiences as well over time.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 20:36   #24
BHPian

VSrivatsa - can you update on the performance of the TPMS?

Did you face any air leakage issue? Also, how about air refilling - any issues?

I am planning to buy the same TPMS for my City. I have few queries:

1. The TPMS has low and high pressure warning - is these values are set manually? Or based on normal tyre pressure these values are set automatically by the system?

2. If the values are set manually - what are typical values you have set for your car?

3. Also same question for higher temperature warning - what are the values set for this parameter?
Old 14th August 2019, 18:07   #25
BHPian

I am using Deelife TPMS unit from last two weeks.
Answers to queries:
Quote:
1. The TPMS has low and high pressure warning - is these values are set manually? Or based on normal tyre pressure these values are set automatically by the system?

2. If the values are set manually - what are typical values you have set for your car?
1. We can set low and high pressure warning values manually.
2. I set high pressure warning value to +5 and low pressure warning value to -5, offset to normal pressure value.

Quote:
3. Also same question for higher temperature warning - what are the values set for this parameter?
similar to pressure, we can set higher temperature warning value manually and I am currently using factory value 70d/158F.
truezealous is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 18:00   #26
BHPian

Attaching deelife tpms User Manual. I think it will be helpful for users and prospective buyers to understand what all configurations are available.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Deelife TPMS M62G English User Manual-compressed.pdf (3.39 MB, 1221 views)

Last edited by truezealous : 16th August 2019 at 18:01.
truezealous is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 20:42   #27
BHPian

Thanks for sharing the detailed review. One quick query, does it charge with Solar power?
Old 28th August 2019, 21:58   #28
ike
BHPian

What happens when we install internal sensors & rotate the tyres? Do the sensors also need to be swapped along with the tyres? I'm guessing in Sensairy you could drag the the indicators to their correct positions.
Old 29th August 2019, 11:29   #29
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
What happens when we install internal sensors & rotate the tyres? Do the sensors also need to be swapped along with the tyres? I'm guessing in Sensairy you could drag the the indicators to their correct positions.
Got in touch with the seller on Ali-express and he clarified that the tyre positions could be changed so bit the bullet and ordered the Internal sensor type. This is my first order on Ali-express, hoping everything goes smooth.
ike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 10:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Thanks for sharing the detailed review. One quick query, does it charge with Solar power?
Yes it has Solar Power as one option and there is also a micro-USB port on the side for charging via a micro USB charger. Usually the Solar Power should keep the unit charged unless you leave the car in a covered parking without sunlight for too long.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks