Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2019, 18:36   #31
ike
BHPian

Re: Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review

I got the deelifr TPMS with internal sensors for $50 from Ali express. The package arrived fairly quickly in less than 2 weeks. I chose the internal ones because I felt they were likely to be more accurate (Just my feeling, I have been wrong before) and also less vulnerable to theft/vandalism.

The installation was done by the friendly and efficient folks at tyrestore (more about them in the link under). I was charged an eye watering 2500 bucks for installation, WA & WB.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenn...ml#post4552870 (TyreStore (Chennai))
Attached Thumbnails
Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-img_20190910_073403.jpg  

Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-img_20190910_081138.jpg  

Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-img_20190914_100354.jpg  

Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-img_20190914_100406.jpg  

Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-img_20190914_104516.jpg  

Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-img_20190914_121009.jpg  

Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-img_20190914_121236.jpg  

ike is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 10:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
The installation was done by the friendly and efficient folks at tyrestore (more about them in the link under). I was charged an eye watering 2500 bucks for installation, WA & WB.
Congratulations on the new purchase! Do provide your feedback on the Internal TPMS and keep us updated. Given the safety aspect - the price is justified I guess.

In other updates, I recommended the same External TPMS to my Uncle and cousins who went for it. We had ordered a set of two together and the customs guys held it for many days (2 months +) and levied customs on it. So, better to order a single unit.

Also my Uncle has fit this on his Jeep Compass and recently shared his experience where the car tire got punctured and the Deelife TPMS gave the alarm and also displayed the Tire Pressure at 21 PSI. Based on this feedback he was able to stop the car comfortably and get the puncture fixed.

In one of the units we got, one sensor did not work and we later realized the battery had run out on it. Maybe since the customs held it for long and the set was unused it might have drained out. Purchased the battery locally and we were able to get the sensor to work after a battery change. It is straightforward to change the battery on the Internal sensor and can be done as a D-I-Y.

Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-batt01.png
External Sensor - Parts removed for Battery Change
vsrivatsa is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 21:19   #33
BHPian

Hi All,
The question might sound silly, but I am concerned about the long term reliability of these external sensors, considering the fact the they have to face high temperature and frequent submergence in water (during flood like situations in our cities).
Please share your views/experience about the same.
Amith_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 23:30   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amith_kumar View Post
Hi All,
The question might sound silly, but I am concerned about the long term reliability of these external sensors, considering the fact the they have to face high temperature and frequent submergence in water (during flood like situations in our cities).
Please share your views/experience about the same.
With the external sensors and weekly pressure top-ups, one of my car tyres started loosing air slowly and it turned out to be the lock nut that wont sit right! Prior to figuring this out, I re-fixed an earlier puncture and unmounted, checked, remounted at least a couple of times!

Though this was fixed by turning the lock nut properly, the issue recurs on that particular hex nut since then.

I have now ordered a set of internal sensors!
Old 15th October 2019, 00:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
With the external sensors and weekly pressure top-ups, one of my car tyres started loosing air slowly and it turned out to be the lock nut that wont sit right! Prior to figuring this out, I re-fixed an earlier puncture and unmounted, checked, remounted at least a couple of times!

Though this was fixed by turning the lock nut properly, the issue recurs on that particular hex nut since then.

I have now ordered a set of internal sensors!
Thanks a lot for your response.

Internal sensors are better for such situations, but don't you think there would be an issue whenever you rotate tyres?
Old 15th October 2019, 00:15   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Internal sensors are better for such situations, but don't you think there would be an issue whenever you rotate tyres?
Not at all. It is pretty easy actually and can be done through the App (I'm using SensAiry TPMS - 5 sensors type).

The sensors can be re-positioned after tyre rotation is done so it reads correctly.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 00:24   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not at all. It is pretty easy actually and can be done through the App (I'm using SensAiry TPMS - 5 sensors type).

The sensors can be re-positioned after tyre rotation is done so it reads correctly.
Thanks for the response. I understand this can be done for SensAiry. But how about these Chinese TPMS? Do they have this option?
Old 15th October 2019, 09:04   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I understand this can be done for SensAiry. But how about these Chinese TPMS? Do they have this option?
I think you'll have to re-learn the sensors to their 'new' positions each time from the main the unit after tyre rotation is done.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 10:25   #39
ike
BHPian

So my internal TPMS has been doing a good job so far. The other day, I topped up air and I got an alarm saying all tires have too much pressure (each Tyre had around 70psi). The tyre shop was in denial initially but I had a digital gauge with me which showed the same pressure that TPMS showed. Turns out the tyre shop's calibration is off by a long way. Luckily I didn't drive with 70 psi, deflated the tyres to the correct pressure.
ike is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 13:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I think you'll have to re-learn the sensors to their 'new' positions each time from the main the unit after tyre rotation is done.
Thanks. In that case Internal sensors are certainly better. At least you dont have to worry about flooded streets.
Old 11th November 2019, 16:44   #41

Hi, I had a small doubt. Is it possible to install the new sensor caps without installing the anti-theft bolt? I feel it would be a pain to remove the bolt every time air needs to be filled... So might as well take the risk and install the caps, hoping no one is stupid enough to nick them.
Old 15th November 2019, 21:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
Hi, I had a small doubt. Is it possible to install the new sensor caps without installing the anti-theft bolt? I feel it would be a pain to remove the bolt every time air needs to be filled... So might as well take the risk and install the caps, hoping no one is stupid enough to nick them.
Yes - the External Sensor will work perfectly fine without the Anti-Theft Nuts.

Also I have tried to see if its possible to detect these same sensors using some other generic Bluetooth apps on Mobile but none of the apps work. So it possibly would be worthless if someone were to flick it also unless they have a display from the same brand. At most they can make some small change from the button cells inside the sensor.
vsrivatsa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 19:47   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Here is the AliExpress Link to the product: URL
Hi, thank you for the really informational post. The link which you have provided above shows that the item is unavailable. Can you take a look at the below link and tell me if it’s the same product? (This product is showing available on their app)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d62F5Yb
Old 20th May 2020, 21:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi, thank you for the really informational post. The link which you have provided above shows that the item is unavailable. Can you take a look at the below link and tell me if it’s the same product? (This product is showing available on their app)
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d62F5Yb
No this is not the same - this is lower end. Check the Image below:
Deelife External TPMS : Installation & Review-deelife_products.png

The one I have reviewed on this article is M62G. I would recommend emailing the seller and asking when that model would be available. If you cannot wait then go for the M87E (URL) model which is slightly better.
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:20   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I had read about TPMS systems sometime back and had given a thought. Recently started following the TPMS thread related to SensAiry > (SensAiry : An app-based TPMS) on TeamBHP and was impressed with the capability and safety that a TPMS system offers.
Dear BHPIAN

unfortunately my solar TPMS internal has gone all zero value and unable reset.Is there any reset button to go back to factory setting. Please help if you can.

ravindran353

Last edited by Aditya : 17th August 2020 at 17:40. Reason: Quoted text trimmed for the benefit of small screen users

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks