Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2007, 12:52   #1

Climate Control Unit for the Verna CRDi

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, though have been a lurker for ages. Have the twin passions of aviation and cars.

Will be posting shortly on my dirving impressions of the Fiesta TDci , Verna CRDi and the Swift Diesel. Forgot to get my price lists for all three.

Had a quick question for the experts out here , the Verna Petrol XXI comes with automatic climate control. Is it possible to fit this in a Verna CRDi ? Theoritically it seems possible.Also if it can be done what would the approximate costs be like.

Thanks in Advance
Old 30th January 2007, 14:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Speak My mind !

Just what i had in my mind also , i asked the showroom guys about the same mod, they they literally freaked out ! and told me that it will void the warranty , which i dont belive will happen ...anyways but could somebody clarify on this and of course the cost in volved !
Old 30th January 2007, 14:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I am sure this is possible. All it would need is the climate control external unit and the corresponding electronics internal unit. I have no idea what the cost is.
My Verna CRDi has a standard AC unit and it's fairly electronically controlled. It has features like MAX ac, which is excellent for cooling the car when it's hot. I don't think I would want to spend for additional for the Climate control unit.

The AC on-off is an electronic switch, not a mechanical one.
Old 31st January 2007, 12:59   #4

Thanks Sam. Why I was looking for this and motorized ORVM's was for the fact that after paying almost 800000 for a car, these are things my screwed up head wants, specially considering the fact that even the Swift ZXi has this option (Beautiful Car btw).
The Hyundai showroom agreed to the motorized ORVM for an additional 7000 bucks, but failed to answer my question about the climate control. Will still try to bug them for it though.

Regards
Old 31st January 2007, 14:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

im sure even if they can fit the climate control (which they will be too lazy to do) they will charge you loads for it and probably void your warranty.
Old 17th August 2007, 00:28   #6
BHPian

Hyundai is not offering upgrade to climate control from normal air-conditioners for Verna.
I had made a inquiry on net and they replied with their regional office numbers.
I called up Mumbai office and asked about it.
The Guy said it is not advisable nor offered to do so.
He said the whole system has to be changed and no such parts are supplied to dealers.
Does anyone know about custom fitted climate control systems.
Please reply.
Old 17th August 2007, 09:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallkat View Post
things my screwed up head wants, specially considering the fact that even the Swift ZXi has this option (Beautiful Car btw).

Regards

err... swift ZXI has elec mirrors???
Old 17th August 2007, 09:33   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

NO i think he means to say that the swift Zxi has climate control. Does it? I dunno.
Old 17th August 2007, 09:35   #9
BHPian

Yes the swift zxi has auto climate control
Old 17th August 2007, 10:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

For setting up climate control,I think u'll have to get the dashboard changed too.

Last edited by kpzen : 17th August 2007 at 10:12.
Old 17th August 2007, 10:08   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO setting up climate control as an retrofitment is as difficult as setting up ABS as an afterthought.
Impossible? No. But darned inconvenient and expensive.

Honestly I still cannot understand why you'd do it. I can understand electric mirrors. It's quite convenient.
But the base version AC is excellent and the temperature control works beautifully. SO what do you actually need the climate control for??
I mean sure, it would have been great if it was there, but is the need so strong that you would retrofit it?
Old 17th August 2007, 10:39   #12
BHPian

Is it because the thread is old that no one is discussing Verna CRDi SX? This is the fully loaded version with Auto climate control and motorized mirrors. If I am not wrong it is 50K over the old price.
Old 17th August 2007, 11:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well, no point discussing this anymore - better to close this this thread MODS - Verna CRDi SX now comes with clima control & electric operated RVM's.

CLOSE THIS THREAD MODS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks