Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2007, 13:46   #1
BHPian

Carb Esteem 97 model! Help

Well few days back i drove esteem limited, And i was surprised to feel the excellent pickup that car had. Well I love my car a lot, its a bit old bt i am attached to it emotionally like hell. I dont wanna sell it ever.

I want to increase its pickup and everything without much modifications to the engine as such. Well i can just tell you guys that when i am driving my car at 45km/hr its mostly on fourth gear and it doesnt go above 110km.

It may be because of poor maintance as it has just been a year i have been driving this car before it was under my dad's control. So cant say much about maintainace...Suggestions are welcomed...
Old 16th February 2007, 14:07   #2
BHPian

And ya my car has done 48K kms
Old 16th February 2007, 14:28   #3
BHPian

Dude The point is clear that ur vehicles engine(block-piston;crankcase;valves) has accumelated with lots of carbon deposits...
The reasons can be:
1)Using same engine oil for longer time(or more kms) rather than Recomended oil changes.
2)Improper Air tunings also helps in accumilatng more carbon.
3)Using improper petrol or improper petrol additives.

The only Solution Is Get ur Engine Overall done...(For carb maruti 800 it costs max RS 10,000...don kno for esteem maybe 20k) and ya get it done ONLY at maruti service station for best results....
Old 16th February 2007, 14:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Probably the carb is tuned for FE, so just open it up a little. your car is capable of much higher speeds without any alterations whatsoever.
you must be having the car's history with you. just check if all the services have been done on time.
Old 16th February 2007, 14:59   #5
Team-BHP Support

do a tune up.

do a compression test if ok or lil below normal then move to>

start with valve setting
clean distributor caps
clean change plugs
clean change air filter
strip carb and clean, take special care to see your secondary butterfly is opening
Old 17th February 2007, 01:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Low compression could be a root cause. i'd recommend a thorough check up of your car's engine and mechanicals. I have a '98 carb esteem and with the right carb settings and jets my car flies! i remember chasing a brand new mpfi esteem on the way to jaipur a couple of years back and managed to overtake him at 165kph! All you need is a proper check and tune up.
Old 17th February 2007, 12:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

The car has been put to sedate use by your dad i guess. Do what Jaggu had told you to. It needs a proper tune up. The secondary butterfly might be stuck.
Old 17th February 2007, 22:39   #8
BHPian

Thanks guys i'll note down the following points you gave me. Shall i go to maruti service station???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks