Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 11:52   #1
BANNED

Aftermarket 360-degree parking camera for my car?

Folks,

Have seen some of the newer cars present driver with view from all sides easing drive and parking.
How do I get such for Tata Manza in Bangalore. TIA.
Old 26th December 2019, 12:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Aftermarket 360-degree parking camera for my car?

Even myself and my Dad have been looking for something similar for my Dad's new Baleno and my Triber.

Contacted one Vig Auto Accessories in New Delhi after seeing their video on an Innova, he gave an estimate of Rs.16K (the cheapest unit) for installation of the 360 Degree Camera and an Android Head Unit to support it.

Their contact number is 9820803155 and contact person is Mr. Tanveer.

But seeing cheaper alternatives on AliExpress is making me to look there before spending 16K in New Delhi.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2019, 12:32   #3
BHPian

re: Aftermarket 360-degree parking camera for my car?

Be aware of such promises. 360deg vision requires careful placement of cameras on either side of the vehicle. Generally no vehicle has this provision unless factory fitted variants are also offered. So it would be difficult to mount this feature. The camera may end up being an eyesore when vehicle is seen from the sides.

Also I’d suggest you avoid any drilling work in the wing mirrors. These are designed to withstand impacts from passers by and survive. Reckless drilling work to mount camera may cause them to weaken considerably and disintegrate in slight impact.
Old 27th December 2019, 14:00   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Aftermarket 360-degree parking camera for my car?

Two suggestions for you:

1. Wait for a while. I first saw the 360-degree camera in the S-Class, then recently in the Hector & Seltos. In a matter of months, you'll see Chinese suppliers latch on to this new concept and flood the after-market with solutions. Just wait.

2. IMHO, a car the size of a Manza doesn't need a 360-degree camera. Sure, it's nice to have, but I feel you can make do with a reversing cam.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 14:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
... present driver with view from all sides easing drive and parking.
Why not go with just front and rear parking sensors? I find them very useful for parking in Yaris. Front parking sensors can be annoying in traffic, but Toyota has given facility to switch it off when required.

Last edited by Simhi : 27th December 2019 at 14:08. Reason: case
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 23:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is the cheapest unit I have found till now, costs a shade over 2K. You'll need to spend on 4 cameras to go with this, and installation at a reliable car accessories shop.

I contacted one in Dehradun, and they will charge Rs.1500 for fitment if I bring my own system. Hope it helps.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 09:45   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
2. IMHO, a car the size of a Manza doesn't need a 360-degree camera. Sure, it's nice to have, but I feel you can make do with a reversing cam.
Some like me, require it more as parking security camera that triggers recording on movement. There are jerks who love to take a key and scratch the new paint on a car. Catching them red handed in a building parking lot matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Their contact number is 9820803155 and contact person is Mr. Tanveer.
Youtube has quite a few 360 Cam installation pointers but I am looking for someone who can do it in Kolkata.

Will update this thread, if I find any.
OneLivingLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 11:46   #8
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Have anybody in and around Hyderabad checked the Carsonics shop. Apparently he fixes 360 camera in stock systems. Any feedback on his products and services will be much appreciated. I'm sharing a link of a video where he is adding a 360 camera to Safari's stock system from his Youtube channel: -

Moreover do we have any similar vendor in Bangalore
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 10:16   #9
BHPian

I have recently installed the Front Camera which is integrated with the Stock HU of Scross through an interface. It serves the purpose effectively but the UI integration is not as smooth as the OE.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 16:15   #10
BHPian

I do not see any good branded options for 360, noticed one from dhc - https://dhcindia.com/birdview-camera-system.html

need something like 70mai did with 800s, not sure if just using that and adding separate on side mirror will work.
Old 16th August 2022, 11:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
I have recently installed the Front Camera which is integrated with the Stock HU of Scross through an interface. It serves the purpose effectively but the UI integration is not as smooth as the OE.
I am worried about how can I judge left side or front left tyre on hills when there is few inches of space at left while giving pass to car in opposite direction. can this front camera help ? or should go with fender mirror or 360 cam is must. don't want to spent 50k+ rupees for after market 360 camera.
Old 9th October 2022, 21:32   #12

I am also looking for a front view camera, could you kindly share the details such as brand, price and performance so far.
Thank you in advance
Old 13th December 2022, 20:05   #13
y2k
BHPian

Wondering what happened to tis thread. Did anybody try any of the after-market solutions?

Aliexpress doesn't ship to India anymore. With the new Baleno having this feature only in the top variant, I was wondering if it is possible to have this in the Zeta variant.

Maruti offers front camera on the Zeta for about 6K-7K. It is understandable that they don't want to offer the 360 degree camera as that will close in one of the two features that are strong differentiators in the zeta and alpha variant.
Old 17th March 2023, 12:29   #14
BHPian

Any suggestions for a 360 degree camera for Kia Seltos? I have a GTX that did not come with 360 cam and having used this feature in my other car, I realise the usefulness and would like to get one for my 3+ year old Seltos.

Please help!
Old 6th May 2023, 15:00   #15

360 degree camera without comprimising Stock Headunti in Venue SX Plus

Hello Sir, I require upgrading my reverse camera to 360 degrees as the area where I had to enter my flat is too congested, but wherever I enquire in places like HotTracks, AutoStyle, etc., they say that the head unit has to be changed. Is there a way I can retain the stock head unit to have all the Bluelink function intact and still have 360-degree camera input - Is there a possibility at all to do this?

Model 2019 venue SX+ Turbo DCT

Many thanks for considering my request.
srivatchsan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks