Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2007, 19:52   #1
BHPian

Sunroof for Swift

Hi All,

I walked into Popular Maruti showroom today to see a Swift fitted with a Sunroof (Webasto POP-UP 100). The sales guy gave a run down of the same. Its a Maruti Genuine Accessory. Cost is 10K and takes around 4 hours to fit.

I want to know whether anybody got this fitted. Any advantages / disadvantages?

Thanks in advance.
Brijesh.
Old 7th March 2007, 15:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

don't go for a after market sunroof they usually start to leak and how can you do such a painful thing to your car cutting its roof
Old 7th March 2007, 16:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
don't go for a after market sunroof they usually start to leak and how can you do such a painful thing to your car cutting its roof

I think Maruti sunroofs are actually webasto's, right/wrong guys???
Old 7th March 2007, 22:56   #4
BHPian

yup maruti and infact i haven't heard of any other oem sunroof other than webasto ! and i haven't heard anyone complain of leaking with webasto ! i think you should go for it though the electronic one would be much better as you can open it completely wherin the manual one just pops up!! but i dont think the price difference leaves much to choice !
i think sun roofs are cool go for it!
Old 7th March 2007, 23:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dont know about the electronic webasto sunroof !!!
But i've seen manual webasto sunroof's causing lots of problems like air/water leakage, rattling noise etc....Its not a good investment...
Old 8th March 2007, 00:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have the webasto spoiler 300 thing in my swift. It is completely electric and no problems so far. No leaking also. My car is 8 months old. It was fitted at the maruti dealers place at the time of delivery. The only problem with this series is that it opens only 3/4th of the way and not completely.
Old 8th March 2007, 00:21   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
I have the webasto spoiler 300 thing in my swift. It is completely electric and no problems so far. No leaking also. My car is 8 months old. It was fitted at the maruti dealers place at the time of delivery. The only problem with this series is that it opens only 3/4th of the way and not completely.
Vikram, What other Mods have you gotten done on ur swift ???? And how much did you shell out for the electric sun roof ...

Cheers
Old 8th March 2007, 02:02   #8
BHPian

first of all beware of fakes !! a friend of mine who is an authorised dealer for webasto told me that there are loads of fakes comin in from taiwan and china these days!!
i guess you're safe if you're getting it done from your maruti dealer !!
i really want a sunroof but cant afford the electric one and manual seems worthless saving up for !! btw i heard you can get it for about 8k from webasto directly rather than through maruti!
Old 8th March 2007, 07:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Vikram, What other Mods have you gotten done on ur swift ???? And how much did you shell out for the electric sun roof ...

Cheers
Well my list of mods is quite extensive but i got the sunroof for a steal. The actual MRP of it was 28000/- but i had to actually pay only 6000/- as i got 10000/- as exchange bonus of my previous esteem and they were offering 12000/- worth accessories with the deal.

Most Viewed