Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2007, 18:54   #1
BHPian

HID Xenon fog / driving lamps for OHC

hi,

i would like to install a H7, 35W, 6000 K HID kit on the fog lamp location of a OHC.

but i would like to do so only with a projector housing, and also preferably of a high beam or long throw / spread lens setup.

i had been to Autograph Skoda in Andheri, Mumbai to get hold of any accident car's projector lens from a damaged headlamp enclosure.

the best one would be the high beam lens setup of a Skoda Laura.

optionally a complete decorative housing something near to what I'm looking for would be like what you can see if you google for "Hella Micro DE" or "hid projector" in motors.ebay.com

could anyone let me know if there are other options that i might not have thought about if i need a projector housing for HID?

can i get this anywhere else?

Last edited by gbpscars : 23rd March 2007 at 18:58. Reason: wanted to add 'HID' in the title
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:32   #2
BHPian

Hi
To the best of my knowledge there is no Projector set up available for OHC.

Rgds
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the laura has a projector for the high beam, its only for low.
Go thru the 2 DIY projector threads on this forum to get more info.
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:16   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Yep it has projectors only for the low beam! Those projectors are pretty small too. You should get a aftermarket fog lamp casing like the ones on VIPERS Honda. And then try retrofitting projectors from either laura or any other car. The problem with Projectors in the fog lights is the FOCUS and throw of the light, as the fogs are closer to the ground
Old 17th October 2008, 11:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
hi,

i would like to install a H7, 35W, 6000 K HID kit on the fog lamp location of a OHC.

but i would like to do so only with a projector housing, and also preferably of a high beam or long throw / spread lens setup.

-----
could anyone let me know if there are other options that i might not have thought about if i need a projector housing for HID?

can i get this anywhere else?
Hi,

any recommendations for fitting HID Xenons for the OHC? What brand are good? What color temperatures suit best for driving in the rains? Do I need projectors or the existing casing would do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks