Team-BHP - Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/2294-tyre-pressure-gauge-portable-inflator-pump-foot-pump-51.html)

These hydraulic jacks are good but a pain due to them being heavy to handle.

Alternate is the bottle hydraulic jack are more easier to handle, provided you have the right clearance to place them below the car and the right amount of life is provided.

How is the IBELL brand?

I am looking to buy the below product
Ibell CA12-95 Tyre Inflator.

Initially I was using Resqtech Micro Tyre Inflator for our Elite i20 which served for around 3 years.

I have BellAire 3000 Tyre Inflator for Xylo. Now I wanted to buy same model for i20 as well but it's not available on Amazon.

Please help in this matter.

You can also consider Bergmann Typhoon. It has pretty good reviews in Amazon.

Resqtech's heavy duty tyre inflator with 2 year warranty which many have recommended is available for 3999/- in Amazon

I realized Resqtech are also based in Pune so contacted them directly.

If you purchase directly from them then you get the product for Rs. 3500/-

This does not cover shipping charges which might be extra.

I have asked a colleague who lives close to where they are based (Baner) to pick it up tomorrow evening.

When it comes to tyres and anything to do with it, I trust only Michelin. The old pump had lasted me for ever, so I just got bored and picked up a micro-inflator this time. It's from the UK. This unit is very efficient, and I've placed a key alongside to show how tiny it really is. Compact and cute, it serves its purpose. Just set the numbers and it will do everything for you. Recommend this unit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebring (Post 4590020)
When it comes to tyres and anything to do with it, I trust only Michelin.

I have the same unit but I think mine is the heavy duty one. However I have to say that it's build quality is not impressive. Also the air intake is from down so dust can get sucked in. Be sure to place it on a clean surface while using. Also the first one I bought had buttons which were not working, so I exchanged for a new one. This one shows 3 Psi less, confirmed at 3 different petrol pumps.

A lot of fakes out there. Seeing mine, my friend ordered from Amazon India and it went bust within a month. They asked him to go to some shop on JC Road and exchange it for another model. He got a Michelin Heavy Duty one. My friend is understandably cheesed off! If someone is coming from abroad, ask them to carry this one. That's my advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 (Post 4590026)
However I have to say that it's build quality is not impressive.

When I see a name like Michelin on a product, I wonder how much of it is Michelin apart from the name! But your unit looks amazing for the size, and good to know you are happy with its quality.

Hey Thad, It won't be manufactured by them surely, but it will be up to their exacting standards. So the trust. The Yale key for comparison is the same size as your regular Godrej key over here. So it's tiny. The diminutive size ensures it fits in my tiny shave kit - and stowage is easy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4590056)
how much of it is Michelin apart from the name!

I recently bought a portable Tyre Inflator for my Scorpio. It was an impulsive buying kinda i saw it I bought it without doing due diligence. It's make in India by Blackcat and I was told that it has copper winding as compared to aluminum winding.

On reaching home, when I was doing my homework about testing the pump, I realized my folly -- there is a specs mismatch between the pump and my Scorpio.

The pump is 12V/15Amp/180 Watts, while the charging point of Scorpio is rated at 10 Amp.

The pump comes with a 12 V input connector. However, due to amperage mismatch I won't be using the Scorpio's charging point as this will blow out the fuse.

To overcome this hurdle, I am thinking of a small DIY project to fabricate a power cable that will enable me to connect directly to the car's battery for power.

The plan is as follows:The wires will connect to the charging socket on one end and the crocodile clip on the other side. The pump's male socket will connect to this fabricated cable's charging socket.

Usage/Steps:
  1. Connect the pump and cable
  2. Make sure pump is switched off
  3. Connect the cable's positive to the car's battery
  4. Connect the cable's negative to the car's battery
  5. Fit the air pipe of pump to the tyre's valve -- the pipe is screw-able
  6. Start the car
  7. Switch on the pump
  8. Fill the air as per specs
  9. Switch off the pump
  10. Turn off the engine/car
  11. Remove the air pipe
  12. Remove the black/negative cable from battery
  13. Remove the red/positive cable from battery
  14. Store the pump, wrap cables etc
My queries:
  1. Experts, please confirm that I have correctly understood the amperage of Scorpio's charging point
  2. Any things that I need to take care about my DIY project
  3. Is there any risk involved in directly connecting to the battery
  4. Any feedback on the steps and their order

After searching a lot here and reading reviews on Amazon finally ordered Windek 1902 tyre inflator. Also ordered a digital pressure guage from Techtest on Amazon. Thought was to order Karter analog guage if this one doesn't work.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20190605_191320.jpgTyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20190605_191520.jpg

Tested it on my Honda city tyres just now and both look fairly accurate i.e. the guage on Windek and the Techtest guage.

I got the air filled to 33psi from a fuel station on May 21st while I started journey from Noida to Shimla. After two weeks and 1300kms the pressure was still in the range of 31 to 32 psi in all tyres.

I set the Windek guage limit as 33.5 (assuming loss of upto 0.5 psi while removing the inflator and while checking with the Techtest guage.

First I checked before inflating - with Techtest guage and then with Windek:
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20190605_190709.jpg

Then I checked after inflating. Windek showed 33.5. and the testtech showed 32.7. The air loss was while removing inflator nozzle and then again while checking with digital guage. So I assume the reading are fairly accurate:
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-img_20190605_190937.jpg

Overall, seems the decision to purchase these two was not a bad one :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4599888)

Overall, seems the decision to purchase these two was not a bad one :D

How is the performance of the Windek compressor? Some reviews say it gets bad very fast.

Also, there's an identical rebranded "Amazon Basics" one selling for 300rs more :Shockked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful (Post 4667612)
How is the performance of the Windek compressor? Some reviews say it gets bad very fast.

Also, there's an identical rebranded "Amazon Basics" one selling for 300rs more :Shockked:

Used it thrice till now as air pressure doesn't change much in my Honda City. So I use it once a month or slightly earlier. Working fine till now. Reading from windek match with another pressure guage I bought separately. So accuracy is also fine IMO.

Quote:

Ask me about it. It blew when I was trying the fourth fill. I top up air once in a week. Lasted about three weeks. Threw it away.
I had bought a Michelin one couple of years ago on Amazon and it didn’t work even once. Returned it to them. Apparently that lot had quite a few “returned due to defective cases” from the product comment pages.

Quote:

I have used it extensively ONLY for top ups and it works flawlessly.

The pressure gauge attached to it is also accurate.

Never used it to fill air from a flat tyre as I have another heavy duty compressor for that.

2 years and still going good.