Team-BHP - Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/2294-tyre-pressure-gauge-portable-inflator-pump-foot-pump.html)

Hi team,

can anyone suggest to me a reliable brand of a tyre pressure guage and pump ?

An estimate of their approx costs and place of availability in Mumbai would be preferrable.

cheers

~A

Well, when i was in Bbay, i had gone to this shop with Rehaan to get his Accent's horns replaced. There, i'd seen this very compact pump+gauge unit costing around 500-600 bucks.

I dont remember the name of the shop, you can ask Rehaan for details.

Regards...
Shan2nu

i prefer the electronic equipment with new gas stations, just make sure they fill air the proper way n not hurry with the whole affair, decent guage u can get for 300 to 500 Rs and any foot pump will do if u r looking for something to carry around..

hey
i had something like this. i dont know the exact name but it just had compressor written over it.it used to get its power from the cigarette lighter socket and the other end used to go into the tyre. its was a little handy when we went out of town but unfortunately it stopped working.but would really like to gt something similar to that.

any idea where i can get something like that but not too expensive..

Rev

thats nice rev... i think i will but buy one too... will be very useful on long drives

just buy a foot pump with a gauge on it.i have been using one bought from the US for abt
3$.
u should be able to get a goo done in mumbai for around 500rs

yeah satya and whos going to fill the entire tyre.hahah ill go mad doing that need a compressor dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revtech
yeah satya and whos going to fill the entire tyre.hahah ill go mad doing that need a compressor dude.

why the hell* will your tire be having no air.
if its a puncture in a tubeless tire u just have to fill air to make up for the lost air.and i feel that a foot pump is more than enough.

also i feel that a compressor has disadvantages.u need to keepthe engine running for the compressor to work.this means u have to keep the car in neutral.and you dont want to jack up your car in neutral.

so a foot pump is more than enough for our small tires. ;)

yeah dude
you have a point but it does have alternate uses.for example if you go to a beach you can fill up old tyre tubes and take that with you inside and just come out floting on it.its fun hahah you should try it.

secondly your car doesnt necesarrily have to be on for the compressor to work.atleast with the old one i didnt need it to be on.

Rev

A good gauge and a good pump with gauge operated from CIG lighter socket is available on Ebay india. for around 500 rs. each( ex delhi + courier)

Email me for links

Pressureg gauge can be bough from any of the big tyre shops likr MRF

hey pranil
i basically need a pump not really interested in the gauge.can you help me out

Rev

without the gauge how will u know abt the right air pressure?????.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranil

Pressureg gauge can be bough from any of the big tyre shops likr MRF

satya read this statement and then read what i have written.

what i meant is im not interested in only the gauge need pressure pump if it comes with it then a gauge because if you remember i had a pump ago and obiously had a gauge.it was a separate one but the pump stopped working so i need that as i already have a gauge !!!

:D

Rev

Does anybody know where can I get a properly callibrated tyre pressure gauge? I need one for my new Swift Vxi.

I have seen several available on the ebay.in site. Any opnions???

Thanks,
Sushrut.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Threads merged. Continue discussion here.

hello... umm if you live in mumbai you can go to lamington road.. auto gauge Tyre Pressure gauges are very nice.. got mine for around 280... and its perfectly calibrated :) checked at the petrol pump.. 28 psi on both :).. hope this helped..