Team-BHP - Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/2294-tyre-pressure-gauge-portable-inflator-pump-foot-pump-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 2386667)
Just a few minutes back, I placed my order with amazon.:) My credit card has been charged for Rs 4589.11 by amazon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 2407614)

Today, I received an email from Amazon stating that I would be getting a refund of $2.92 for my order due to reduced export fee.:)

I have been using a single barrel pump since 7yrs. Had purchased it for
Rs 500 then and its still doing a great job on both my 2 and 4 wheelers.

I saw a chinese-made pump at the local tyre dealer's, and had a demo on one of the front tyres of my Santro. The tyre was deflated to around 5 psi and then the pump was connected to the cigarette lighter socket and air started going into the tyre. In a few seconds, the tyre was inflated to around 22 psi. The guage isn't what I would call accurate, but I could vouch for its effectiveness. Fully inflating a flat to around 30psi should take around a minute. The battery drain is negligible and the sound of the pump is quite bearable.

The price quote is under 2k, and I am planning to buy it this week. I shall post feedback once I get it. I also have an imported pressure gauge which so far has proved to be accurate, so I shall be using that together with the pump.

Here is mine (given by my cousin).

Quote:

Originally Posted by manim (Post 2514962)

Hey, neat one. could you share the price and availability in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 2515100)
could you share the price and availability in India?

I got this from my cousin as a gift and I have to ask him where he got this and its price.
I have found it to be accurate and easy to use.

3 - 4 months back I bought air compressor from Tyre Empire in Whitefield for 2300.00 Rs. It is made of solid quality and built to last long. Not noisy at all and do it's job pretty fast on my Tata Safari and Two wheeler.

Only problem I am facing is people in my apartment got to know about my air compressor and anytime they knock the door for filling air in their flat tyres. :mad:

Dear Anuj, is this a 12v one and any picture please.

Here's the pump I have bought a day back, that I had mentioned in my earlier post.

Hi Guys,

I am looking for an air-pump with the following specifications:
1. Digital air-pressure gauge (psi)
2. Battery operated (need not be connected to any power source during usage)
3. Charges from wall socket as well (Indian)

I had a look at the Black and Decker one on Amazon, but it is not shipped to India. And it will need a US to India volt converter.

I am also looking for a reliable shop in Kolkata to buy car accessories. If anyone has any leads / personal favorites, please help me out.

Thanks. :-)

I saw on ebay.in few tyre inflators selling for less than 500/- 12V Electric Air Compressor Pump Car Bike Tyre Inflator. Another one is COIDO 12 V Electric Air Compressor Tyre Inflator. Has any one used them ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manim (Post 2514962)

hey, that really got a nice look. The blue LED at front would be very useful in plugging it to a valve even in night time. Though, wish you don't require to do that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2515236)
3 - 4 months back I bought air compressor from Tyre Empire in Whitefield for 2300.00 Rs. It is made of solid quality and built to last long. Not noisy at all and do it's job pretty fast on my Tata Safari and Two wheeler.

Only problem I am facing is people in my apartment got to know about my air compressor and anytime they knock the door for filling air in their flat tyres. :mad:

Anuj, can you please share the make/made of your compressor. Would I have been your neighbor, no need to make any queries on Team-BHP not even need to buy any compressor just knock the door!!! :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee (Post 2515332)
Here's the pump I have bought a day back, that I had mentioned in my earlier post.

yep, you mentioned about it in #153 was sub 2K. So finally how much is the damage and what about the performance/noise?

The damage was under 2k. I haven't had the chance to actually use it though, so can't comment on actual use. The demo was satisfactory, where my tyre was actually deflated to about 4-5 psi and then inflated back using this pump (not the same unit, but identical one), and in less than a minute the tyre was up to around 20-22 psi.

The pump can be run for about 4 minutes without stopping and the tyre owner claims to have filled up one of the Safari tyres using this pump in about three minutes.

I tried putting it on in the car, and it is a little noisy. In case I have the opportunity to use it, I shall try to capture it on video and see if I can post it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iSpoke (Post 2515391)
Anuj, can you please share the make/made of your compressor. Would I have been your neighbor, no need to make any queries on Team-BHP not even need to buy any compressor just knock the door!!! :uncontrol

That was good one. I have lent 5 - 6 times my compressor to my neighbors. No one bothers to buy for them.

I have exactly same compressor mentioned in this ebay link. My packaging had Mayur brand. But same compressor they sell in the name of different brands. Do not get surprise, if you get same compressor in another brand name at Pune.

METAL BODY HEAVY DUTY MINI AIR COMPRESSOR FOR CARS | eBay

Edit:: It is same as what honeybee posted pictures few posts back. Only difference I see that switch is on side in my compressor. Mine is also of Mayur brand. Also same compressor is available on Ebay at 1750 Rupees now. Check Ebay.in

I found this kinda cool pump at dealextreme.

Mini Car Air Compressor Pump Inflator with Red LED Emergency Light (DC 12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Price after conversion comes to around Rs.2200.

Another cheaper, but not so cool alternate:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/portabl...ight-12v-37808