Team-BHP - Gearlock
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Gearlock (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/23488-gearlock.html)

a dealer sent me a gearlock that he claims is of autocop.
want to verify if it is original?
warranty card reads "mul-t-cop"...'tension free vehicle protection'

company name reads "rotela auto components pvt. ltd."

umm... alternately if anyone has the autocop helpline/customer care no.that would help too... i can ask them directly. but this is kinda urgent. hav to pay him today for the stuff his mechanics installed.

If it is autocop then someone from Autocop will come to fit it. And the lock will say autocop not mul-t-cop or any other cop

robocop maybe lolz...

but in the meantime i called up the autocop mumbai helpline as well as the gearlocks dept of autocop in delhi... they both confirmed that rotela is the distributor and mul-t-cop is indeed their product. and it does come with the 3 yr guarantee.
i thot someone on this forum, who has already installed an autocop ka gearlock wud be able to tell me what their gearlock name reads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shad0ww (Post 422513)
umm... alternately if anyone has the autocop helpline/customer care no.that would help too... i can ask them directly. but this is kinda urgent. hav to pay him today for the stuff his mechanics installed.

Here is the detail about Autocop in Mumbai... Maybe get in touch with them..

AUTOCOP (I) PVT. LTD.
327 & 328, CHINTA MANI PLAZA,
2, ANDHERI KURLA ROAD,
CHAKALA, ANDHERI (EAST),
MUMBAI - 400 099
Ph: 022 - 28261623 / 24
Email: mumbai@autocop.in

shadoww bai, how much did it cost you? are autocop guys coming home to install it if you buy it directly from them?

it wasn't the autocop guys, but the dealer's mechanics who installed. I am first of all not happy with the job they did...(they shud have sprayed some antirust stuff after drilling holes on the body of the car which they did not.) cost me a 1.45k for the whole thing. there were other shops in sion area willing to do it for 12k, but i was too lazy to drive down, so i called this guy.

I have Autocop gear lock, The Lock-The Keys,The Warranty card and Bill Mention Auto Cop..!

The Installation was done by Autocop Guy

Costed me 1400.

I have a gear lock on one of my cra which is dehli had to spend around 1.4k for the whole job
but it tends to jam at times

Quote:

Originally Posted by shad0ww (Post 422914)
there were other shops in sion area willing to do it for 12k.

12k for gearlock :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepak_ms (Post 423607)
12k for gearlock :confused:

Has to be a typo.....he must mean 1.2k:D

i also want gearlock installed in my car as i part the car outside.... any one has any idea where can i get this in north bangalore??

no one in bangalore has gearlock installed???? some pls refer a dealer in bangalore..

Hi Just got it installed in my New VDI ... got it for Rs 1250 .. some body from auto cop came and installed ... dealer gave warranty card and one plastic card ( with Key Number ) ... they all said auto cop .. but strangely the key does not mention any company name.

Was busy in selecting other things , so was not able to look at the lock before installing .. its little strange also as it has just one long stick coming out of the lock just put the car in the reverse position and insert the stick , ... I am not really sure that its Auto Cop .. :Frustrati

Guys can you please confirm ...

hi Kool_Kid,

what you've got there is a pin-type gear lock. The other one is the U-type gear lock. The choice between this is made based on body design and location of your gear shift base.

In my opinion a pin-type gear lock is more aesthetic and discrete than the bulky U-type one.

and about the no-name on the lock,... am sorry I dont know.